ADVERTISEMENT

YouTube account with old HS State finala matches

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi5L0rQtNlvF6oaKQVBgYrQ

So many.

Tom vs Zaputil 1986--Terry vs Zap '87.. Zap vs Streicher '88. Morningstar, Borschel, Lee Fullhart, ect ect.

Thanks for posting, I watched those matches and a couple more. The Zap-Streicher match was crazy. Streicher up 5-2 with like 18 seconds left, gets called for a false start and gets reversed at the buzzer to force OT. He may have been closer to being a 4 timer than Allard from this year.

Last edited:
Hopefully IPTV isn't still trying to turn the screws on you and you are able to leave these up!

They’ve been really, really cool. We are working something out. They appreciated the time spent and most importantly the positive response to the videos so much that I think it’ll be a matter of time before we get everything dating back to the 70’s posted eventually.

IHSSN on the other hand... They gave me a cease and desist order as well. I’m not even going to try to dispute them. It’d be a waste of time...

Last edited:
This has been a lot of fun to revisit. I really wish they would have shown all three matches at the same time back in the day. My match didnt make the coin flip to be on TV, and a lot if other great matches are now limited to trying to watch the background of another match.

Reactions: crablegs1
This has been a lot of fun to revisit. I really wish they would have shown all three matches at the same time back in the day. My match didnt make the coin flip to be on TV, and a lot if other great matches are now limited to trying to watch the background of another match.

Your segment is probably still on there. I cut the short 15 second segments of the other matches and plugged them in at the end right before the awards.

Reactions: el dub
Your segment is probably still on there. I cut the short 15 second segments of the other matches and plugged them in at the end right before the awards.
Thanks. It wasnt a shot at you, it was how IPTV aired it originally....only being able to show one of the three matches in its entirety.

Thanks. It wasnt a shot at you, it was how IPTV aired it originally....only being able to show one of the three matches in its entirety.

Lol it’s all good, I didn’t think it was a shot at me. I agree with you.

I wish technology was advanced back then to the point where you could click on the class that you want on the big screen. Thought that since Ryan Cummings’s first title being on the little screen when I watched that as a kid in like 1992.

I cant tell by the video for sure.....was that the one where his mom came on the mat? I remember being at Vets to see it but would have guessed it was a little before 85, but I remember it was a Wat East wrestler and Johhny Scott sounds about right.

Yep, you can see it on the left side of the screen at the end where Bowlin is jumping up and down.

They’ve been really, really cool. We are working something out. They appreciated the time spent and most importantly the positive response to the videos so much that I think it’ll be a matter of time before we get everything dating back to the 70’s posted eventually.

IHSSN on the other hand... They gave me a cease and desist order as well. I’m not even going to try to dispute them. It’d be a waste of time, for their reputation is not exactly one that paints them as being by any means...accommodating...

Well thanks for all the work you have put into it. Been f*n watching some of those matches.

I have tons of Hawkeyes stuff in the works...I just wanna make sure I finish the finals stuff first... but one video that I couldn’t wait to upload was this gem:

I originally had that separated into two videos and the cursor was interfering. It was sloppy, so I re-did it. I don’t know if I’ve seen this documentary posted before.

Reactions: Coach Mac B
ADVERTISEMENT