ADVERTISEMENT

Youtubetv

Does YT DVR let you scan past commercials on recorded stuff?
Or do they require you to watch those?

Reactions: DooBii
I've used YouTubeTV, FuboTV, and Hulu.

I used Fubo because I'm a Cubs fan and they're the only service that carries the Marquee Network. Unfortunately, their streaming service is trash so I ditched it.

YT and Hulu are very comparable... however, Hulu puts it over the edge for me because you also receive Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu+ with your subscription, and it's the same price as YT.

Best value is Hulu imo.
When I switched to streaming a few years ago, I picked YTTV over Hulu for a few reasons, but a big one was Hulu didn't carry AMC.

Reactions: Joes Place
On yttv when you bookmark a show to add to the library all the shows are just there after they air. Do you delete ones that you already watched or do they just stay there forever?

We have what... 6 teams blacked out? What did we do to deserve this?
This is actually a place where government should get involved. State legislature, state AG office, governor, somebody needs to force the issue with MLB by passing some laws or suing them for this practice.

Would it work? Don't know but it would get their attention.

Yes, unlimited DVR, but things disappear after a year or a little less. My Iowa FB games from last fall are starting to get removed.

These are probably limits to the digital rights negotiated on the broadcasts that Youtube has.

I'm hearing AMC is coming out w/ another season of Fargo, soon.
Another winning series.
That's actually FX but I agree, I love that show. Though the last season was pretty bad in comparison to the others, especially the 1st and 2nd seasons

Reactions: Joes Place
Yes, unlimited DVR, but things disappear after a year or a little less. My Iowa FB games from last fall are starting to get removed.
If the show is re-aired it will be recorded again so for shows that are in syndication you essentially have all of them at your disposal all the time.

Reactions: sober_teacher
On yttv when you bookmark a show to add to the library all the shows are just there after they air. Do you delete ones that you already watched or do they just stay there forever?

If it’s a show it’ll just be marked as viewed, and you can rewatch within the 9 month video, depending on if/when it re airs. It will record again outside that window so long as it is flagged.

They also tend to show many of those games on shortened versions as well.

Big fan of YTTV...

This started with last year's football season (or at least when I noticed) but they have a key plays option when you turn on a game that let's you catch up to live play by viewing all of the key plays or if the game is over you can watch all of the key plays.

It's pretty cool, maybe needs a little refinement, but I really like that option for games/teams I don't really care about but want to see how the game went.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT