ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Ortwerth TE Commits ‘23

We lose LaPorta and the transfer TE, (I can't think of his name), after this season. Zach will definitely see the field early.

tommy%20likey%20tommy%20want%20wingy.JPG

Howland will finish off a terrific haul on the o- line this year.

I was pleased to see a bunch of blocks being thrown in Zach’s highlights. When he adds about 25 pounds of good weight he’ll help the running game.

Howland will finish off a terrific haul on the o- line this year.

I was pleased to see a bunch of blocks being thrown in Zach’s highlights. When he adds about 25 pounds of good weight he’ll help the running game.

This, if a hs in line te is a willing blocker you know he will do well with the coaching and S&C at Iowa.

Love it when the coaches get an early target.

They want two. So it will be interesting how that develops...maybe a decommit or a late blooming senior.

Reactions: owenhawk
Ok, I thought Stillianos was a grad transfer with one year to play left. If he has two years left, so much the better.
Yep. When we first got him thought same thing then read he had 2 years. A good pickup. Gives us more depth next 2 years especially following season with Laporta gone. With Yelverton retiring due to injuries gives us that extra guys while the young guys can develop.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Ortwerth, isnt he a little short for being a tight end?
I wondered the same…. Saw he was 6’2” 220 pounds in one article then on twitter said he was 6’5” 233 curious how big he really is….

all that being said if the coaches wanted him I kinda trust their evaluation of a tight end

I wondered the same…. Saw he was 6’2” 220 pounds in one article then on twitter said he was 6’5” 233 curious how big he really is….

all that being said if the coaches wanted him I kinda trust their evaluation of a tight end
Blair stated the 6'2" was a typo. Ortwerth is 6'5".

Yep. When we first got him thought same thing then read he had 2 years. A good pickup. Gives us more depth next 2 years especially following season with Laporta gone. With Yelverton retiring due to injuries gives us that extra guys while the young guys can develop.
Two years then. Excellent.

Am I the only one that thinks Kenneth Merrieweather looks like at TE based on him film? We likely need two TEs in this class anyway.

DE all day
Seems like he has the body type for it but I didn’t see any film of him at DE. He only has the ball in his hands. I’m intrigued with him at TE. He looks like a lengthy 240 right now. Maybe they think they can put an easy 40 pounds on him.

Seems like he has the body type for it but I didn’t see any film of him at DE. He only has the ball in his hands. I’m intrigued with him at TE. He looks like a lengthy 240 right now. Maybe they think they can put an easy 40 pounds on him.
I’m sorry, what film are you watching? Pretty much all of Merrieweathers tape is him at DE.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT