ADVERTISEMENT

Zags/Bruins

jimbob22

HB All-State
Nov 23, 2014
Gonzaga will undoubtedly stomp Stevie and Brycie; a Hawk victory would have been difficult. UCLA is the tournament's bastard child. It should not have been invited, then benefitted from a bad call to beat SMU, then benefitted from the tournament's biggest upset, UAB over ISU.

I look for it to be a close first half. Gonzaga beat UCLA earlier in the year (UCLA was a train wreck early on). I think there is a little bit of revenge for UCLA and sounds like the Zags are dominate favorites to win.

Personal opinion I think the Zag pull it off and beat UCLA by 10pts, but then lose to Duke/Utah winner. Both teams are pretty good and if DUKE plays to their ability they will be tough to beat. Too many weapons and Okafor is just a match-up nightmare.

I disagree that they shouldn't have been invited, but I think that's debatable. However, they beat a very good SMU team, and that was the proper call. I still think Gonzaga wins, but Bryce Alford is a very good player.

Would Alford ever leave UCLA for Indiana if offered the job? I would love to see Fran and SA face each other every year

Zags won by 13 at UCLA. This time, early line was -9 1/2 Gonzaga. It's now -8 1/2 Gonzaga. I'll go out on a limb and pick the upset--but not out on a limb far enough to bet much $ on it. Maybe a beer. Yookla can play pretty relaxed. They weren't supposed to be there according to some, and -8 1/2 is a pretty big dog at this stage. Zags better come in ready. And, yes, Alford is a player (even though he looks like he's about 15 years old). Wish we had that shooting.

I can't see Alford ever coming back to the B1G . Imagine the nice warm reception he would receive at Carver.

UCLA's cute little "run" is over. The margin will not be close enough at the end for the refs to bail them out on another Alford airball. Still can't believe this was allowed to happen.

img_1496.jpg

Originally posted by BeardedAxeWound:
UCLA's cute little "run" is over. The margin will not be close enough at the end for the refs to bail them out on another Alford airball. Still can't believe this was allowed to happen.

img_1496.jpg
Frankenstein was allowed court side seats?

Originally posted by BeardedAxeWound:

img_1496.jpg
I have 13 of the Sweet 16 teams correct in my bracket. One of my misses is SMU, who I had going to the Elite 8. Curse that goal-tending call!

ZAGs had their great game vs Hawks...look for them to come back to earth...Perkins and Looney can play...and Bryce Alford is on fire from the arc...close game..toss-up.

Originally posted by HawkNAZTY20:
Would Alford ever leave UCLA for Indiana if offered the job?
I think Alford would sell his own mother for it. But, Indiana doesn't want him either. They demonstrated that when they brought Crean in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT