ADVERTISEMENT

Zahid-Hall in Dec? ... ASU-PSU schedule home-and-home

Wonder if we could get a 2 year deal like this with a decent team like ASU. If Cyclones cant turn things around in the next year, we should drop that annual joke of a meet. We need to start filling up Carver with the great young kids we have in the lineup.
Does Carver not fill up for ISU even on their down years? I have to think there are other dates that are less of a draw for the Hawks than ISU.

Last edited:
Reactions: el dub
Now that's a schedule to get excited about. Good for them.
The Illini have a nice schedule when you include Midlands.
https://fightingillini.com/schedule.aspx?path=wrestling

Northwestern's schedule in general and particularly the home slate is quite tough:
attachment.php

Tom needs to seek out a better schedule with the B1G as well as outside of conference. There should be some guaranteed rivalry match ups so teams don’t end up with a cupcake schedule. Outside of conference I’d like to see them face Missouri, ASU, and travel to some of the new schools out in CA or AR.

I know, broken record.

ADDED - I forgot Virginia Tech.

Tom needs to seek out a better schedule with the B1G as well as outside of conference. There should be some guaranteed rivalry match ups so teams don’t end up with a cupcake schedule. Outside of conference I’d like to see them face Missouri, ASU, and travel to some of the new schools out in CA or AR.

I know, broken record.

ADDED - I forgot Virginia Tech.
Big tens are so tough it’s a balance to stay healthy in my opinion. As a fan Iowa at Vegas would be great(Cornell, Wyoming, az state) Ect - but then again midlands, big ten duals, ok state, Lehigh, big ten tourney is already tough. Don’t want guys taped up by time NCAA tournament gets here.

Reactions: funnyfletcher
Big tens are so tough it’s a balance to stay healthy in my opinion. As a fan Iowa at Vegas would be great(Cornell, Wyoming, az state) Ect - but then again midlands, big ten duals, ok state, Lehigh, big ten tourney is already tough. Don’t want guys taped up by time NCAA tournament gets here.
If staying healthy is the main goal the Hawks could join the Big 12.

Does Carver not fill up for ISU even on their down years? I have to think there are other dates that are less of a draw for the Hawks than ISU.
Your probably right but there still no good. At least we should have a little something something at 97 for them so the blowhard Dresser doesn't have to feel short changed.

Wonder if we could get a 2 year deal like this with a decent team like ASU. If Cyclones cant turn things around in the next year, we should drop that annual joke of a meet. We need to start filling up Carver with the great young kids we have in the lineup.
I love Iowa State wrestling! They will turn it around this year with a top 15 ranking! Go Cyclones!

Like Okie St?
Okie St: Top 5 year in and year out. Great annual meet.
Minny: Making the right moves. Some good future matches and meets.
Cylones: Nothing but a tune up meet for the foreseeable future. Drop it or schedule it for Iowa Duals with another Div II caliber team.

Reactions: T8KUDWN
Okie St: Top 5 year in and year out. Great annual meet.
Minny: Making the right moves. Some good future matches and meets.
Cylones: Nothing but a tune up meet for the foreseeable future. Drop it or schedule it for Iowa Duals with another Div II caliber team.
Ha! You’re like a mini Mitch. Time will tell if you can keep your dedication to this like Mitchy.

Who cares really? We’re going to be counting trophies in March. I love great wrestling, but you come to a meet in IC this year you’ll see it at every weight. I’m supremely confident in this team. Can’t wait to be back.

Reactions: sdvike
I think Mike, in a roundabout way, is giving me sh*t on Mark and Cenzo swap info I dropped on their board ;)While it may not happen, then it must have been given some thought because my source was pretty good on this.
Haha - I did it one better on our board. The talk of Joseph being seen around 200 makes the Joseph-Hall matchup a natural highlight for this dual.

Reactions: slushhead
See... this is why I'm addicted to these forums.

We can have fun, be serious, and still be true to our reputation as THE CESSPOOL!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT