ADVERTISEMENT

Zavier Betts

You know, Frost has had top 20 recruiting classes since he arrived, although I am not sure what his last class was ranked, but he has never been able to win with top 20 classes, and he has had a huge revolving door of athletes leaving. So, what is his problem? At Iowa, guys for the most part leave because they see they are not up on the depth chart, but that has not been so much the case for Debbie. Is Frost less then charming for the young lads? LOL Who knows, as long as he continues to fail, I continue to smile. ;) Hopefully this kid reaches out to Iowa, he would be a nice addition.

Here a a couple comments from the Omaha rag. You can probably read between the lines.
“Zavier’s grown up a lot, he’s matured a lot,” Joseph said. “Zavier, you know, was an immature kid when I first got here. But now, he’s grown up. He’s starting to ask questions. He’s starting to understand why he’s here at Nebraska.”
Joseph also said there’s an added challenge to being an in-state player on the hometown team. His next step, the coach said, was being more consistent.
“I just look at the film from last year,” Joseph said. “He shows up one week, the next week he doesn’t show up. So now my goal is to get him to be consistent so that he shows up every week, and he’s going to give you 100% every week. He’s got to believe in himself.”

With that, hard pass.

Just speculation, but it may be academics.
Nebraska was monitoring his academics in hs.
Could be a lot of issues ... Betts looked pretty promising as a TR FR ... but then the Huskers hit the transfer portal and the top guy the next year was Toure (who transferred from Montana). Yet again, the Huskers hit the transfer portal pretty hard ... getting a number of new WRs ... so that likely isn't going to be a huge help for player morale. If you're going to rely upon mercenaries ... then the young guys already on campus are (potentially) going to feel a little more devalued. Additionally, that can undermine the confidence of guys who need development.

My guess is a myriad of factors potentially conspired as it relates to Betts. But he certainly was a promising looking player. Maybe grades were a factor too - I don't know. Maturity issues can always rear their ugly head too.

Hell it might be a reflection of "writing on the wall" too ... players tend to feel better about things when the team is winning. It isn't always as fun when you're mired in losing. Teams with "bad culture" often play the blame game and aren't particularly good at taking accountability for shortcomings ... so a negative environment (or just a lack of fun) may have also contributed to things.

Apart from how "hope springs eternal" in Husker-land ... maybe he doesn't want to be stuck on yet another shit-team!?

• Haha
Reactions: POSiowaFan
Could be a lot of issues ... Betts looked pretty promising as a TR FR ... but then the Huskers hit the transfer portal and the top guy the next year was Toure (who transferred from Montana). Yet again, the Huskers hit the transfer portal pretty hard ... getting a number of new WRs ... so that likely isn't going to be a huge help for player morale. If you're going to rely upon mercenaries ... then the young guys already on campus are (potentially) going to feel a little more devalued. Additionally, that can undermine the confidence of guys who need development.

My guess is a myriad of factors potentially conspired as it relates to Betts. But he certainly was a promising looking player. Maybe grades were a factor too - I don't know. Maturity issues can always rear their ugly head too.

Hell it might be a reflection of "writing on the wall" too ... players tend to feel better about things when the team is winning. It isn't always as fun when you're mired in losing. Teams with "bad culture" often play the blame game and aren't particularly good at taking accountability for shortcomings ... so a negative environment (or just a lack of fun) may have also contributed to things.

Apart from how "hope springs eternal" in Husker-land ... maybe he doesn't want to be stuck on yet another shit-team!?
You're probably right. I don't follow Nebraska closely enough to know the day to day dealings of their players. That was just an article I came across when this thread was started.

• Haha
Reactions: POSiowaFan
It’s amazing skimming through rivals recruiting looking at all the 4* WR and athletes they’ve brought in who never accomplished anything let alone ever see the field in Lincoln the last decade. It’s why every time their fan base brags about incoming skill position talent I just ignore it with a roll of my eyes.

It’s amazing skimming through rivals recruiting looking at all the 4* WR and athletes they’ve brought in who never accomplished anything let alone ever see the field in Lincoln the last decade. It’s why every time their fan base brags about incoming skill position talent I just ignore it with a roll of my eyes.
They’re National Champions every offseason, but the guys they sign rarely make it more than a couple years in Lincoln. You’d think recruits would start to pick up on this, but you know, they’re choosing Nebraska so…

@POSiowaFan - have you ever had sex with a girl?
Look how obsessed @Rubrum_Magnus_Virtus is.

The only way he avoids getting passed around on these boards like a drunk party girl is to hide behind his little spam handles.

He's truly owned by Iowa.
His team's been destroyed.
He's been destroyed.
He's even admitted it's caused him to have to take boner pills now.

Glorious

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT