ADVERTISEMENT

“Is the NCAA or B1G going to fine me if I say that’s a horsebleep bleeping call?" Nico & other Player Interviews from Today

They're obviously not going to fine him, but the conference could suspend him. I don't think they will, and I don't think they should. Although I also don't think the comments are particularly helpful or appropriate.

When a player drops a pass, do we call it a horseshit drop? No, and we shouldn't. Many of the college players in front of the microphones are now making more than the officials working the games. Players make mistakes, officials make mistakes, get over it and move on. It's part of the game.

The full quote:

“I swore on the camera before. They asked me and I was like ‘yeah, it was ****ing pass interference’ so hopefully the guy doesn’t post that but we’ll see. Yeah, that shit was horseshit, though. I don’t know. I was saying that if I was in the NBA, they’d like fine me. But what are they going to do, like fine a college guy, you know? They can’t… Post it.”

They're obviously not going to fine him, but the conference could suspend him. I don't think they will, and I don't think they should. Although I also don't think the comments are particularly helpful or appropriate.

When a player drops a pass, do we call it a horseshit drop? No, and we shouldn't. Many of the college players in front of the microphones are now making more than the officials working the games. Players make mistakes, officials make mistakes, get over it and move on. It's part of the game.
Maybe so, but those weren't mistakes, not when it happens a half dozen times. In fairness they weren't calling much either way, but I'd still say the "non calls" hampered us more, and there were more obvious ones that should have been called on the clones.

Free speech. Coaches and fans can do it. Why not players?

The full quote:

“I swore on the camera before. They asked me and I was like ‘yeah, it was ****ing pass interference’ so hopefully the guy doesn’t post that but we’ll see. Yeah, that shit was horseshit, though. I don’t know. I was saying that if I was in the NBA, they’d like fine me. But what are they going to do, like fine a college guy, you know? They can’t… Post it.”

That’s glorious!!!!

My way of looking at it is the NCAA and conf commissioners should try to make the defenses be less mugging and grabbing and bumping.

We want to see WRs making great plays not being handcuffed. We like to see Dbacks making great, clean pass breakups and INTs.

It is better for the game to make it a cleaner game, call the INT penalties and the defenders will back off a bit and have to play better technique wise

Imagine the social media frenzy that would go with the NCAA suspending him because he said what everyone was thinking as replays of that play are played with it.

I'm thinking they will send him a sternly worded warning to not comment on officiating again. At least that way if he does it again they will have grounds for a more extensive punishment. But then reasonable responses have never been the NCAA's strong suit.

Nearest ref to that play looked 10 to 15 yards away.
Good point, where the F was the field judge? In the reverse angle you can see the line judge 20-something yards away where he’s supposed to be back by the LOS. The back judge in the middle of the field where he’s supposed to be. But was the field judge somewhere taking a piss? Nowhere to be found and that is his call to make there.

Good point, where the F was the field judge? In the reverse angle you can see the line judge 20-something yards away where he’s supposed to be back by the LOS. The back judge in the middle of the field where he’s supposed to be. But was the field judge somewhere taking a piss? Nowhere to be found and that is his call to make there.
Yeah they were out of place for some reason. Maybe the old chubbies were winded.

Maybe he was being distracted by the Clone sideline. Would need to see opposite side view of the play.

If you watch the replay the second time slow mo from the end zone that dude is like 30 yards behind the play on the sideline!!!!! All that DA can see is Nico's back and not the grab.

• Haha
Reactions: PoleSmokinHerkyFan
By field judge do you mean the side judge who should have been right on the sideline looking at that play and seeing the grab and tackle.

Easy call, we could see it right away on tv in real time, bad officiating.

I dont like the "let 'em play" mentality when all it does is make the level of play not a good because Dbacks are not using good technique but instead grabbing etc.

Now we got a way with a Hankins hold two years ago in L'ames on a big pick 6 so maybe it evens out.

And we won, it didnt cost us the game. I can understand Nico's frustration

• Haha
By field judge do you mean the side judge who should have been right on the sideline looking at that play and seeing the grab and tackle.

Easy call, we could see it right away on tv in real time, bad officiating.

I dont like the "let 'em play" mentality when all it does is make the level of play not a good because Dbacks are not using good technique but instead grabbing etc.

Now we got a way with a Hankins hold two years ago in L'ames on a big pick 6 so maybe it evens out.

And we won, it didnt cost us the game. I can understand Nico's frustration
Watch the very end of that clip, they show a slow mo view looking back and you see that ref about 30 yards away from the play on the sideline.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT