ADVERTISEMENT

197 finalist Truax in the Portal

Truax is a hammer but was not a finalist at 197. He took 4th last year and I would not be surprised to see him go back down to 184 next season. Work on the street is that he would weigh in around 190 after a good sweat

Reactions: IRONBIRD
Truax is a hammer but was not a finalist at 197. He took 4th last year and I would not be surprised to see him go back down to 184 next season. Work on the street is that he would weigh in around 190 after a good sweat
Well that would work! Him at 184 and the dare I say AJ at 197!!! I guess we are on a Highway to Hell or a Stairway to Heaven my friends so buckle up!!!!!

Truax would be a good fit, however it would be equal to what we had with Warner. If Truax was in the Big Ten this year he probably wouldn’t have been the two seed. He is worth getting based on what the current roster is.

If this is true, how do you explain it to Big Tone?
And for the record, I don't think it's true.
I suspect there's a sizeable chunk of $$$ going to multiple current guys on the roster. And that's with no proof of anything.

I bet the joys of being a college HC in any sport have been severely diminished with the portal and NIL. Has to be a headache keeping everybody happy.

I suspect there's a sizeable chunk of $$$ going to multiple current guys on the roster. And that's with no proof of anything.

I bet the joys of being a college HC in any sport have been severely diminished with the portal and NIL. Has to be a headache keeping everybody happy.
So you have to figure a $250K spend on a transfer would be $1,000,000 expense to keep everyone happy. And along those same lines, Spencer Lee must be leaving Iowa a millionaire. The numbers don't add up.

giphy.gif

either mineo is trolling twitter or someone is trolling mineo. either way that number is hilarious. or maybe mineo heard bernie is coming to iowa so he is starting to throw mud early

why is that number hilarious?

This can't be legit because there's no way that would get leaked especially to that turd.

The coaching staff and higher ranked members of the HWC are likely the only ones to know on Iowa's side.

Truax on the other.

So if the leak happened, it came from Truax and you can be assured that TNT would be adamant about any financial information staying secret. So it likely didn't come from him.

Paddy Minnows is so damn gullable you almost feel sorry for him. Almost, but not quite. He's a moran.

So you have to figure a $250K spend on a transfer would be $1,000,000 expense to keep everyone happy. And along those same lines, Spencer Lee must be leaving Iowa a millionaire. The numbers don't add up.

giphy.gif
The Caitlin Clark numbers are out there.

It's not difficult to imagine some mega wealthy sources are involved.

Unless some restrictions are employed quickly, we're speeding towards a scenario where no more than 3-4 schools will dominate in college wrestling, wbb, and basketball. I see PSU, Iowa, tOSU, and Michigan distancing themselves in wrestling.

I think college football will be more like 8-10 schools separating from the pack.

Last edited:
Reactions: IRONBIRD and js8793
i don't know why it's so unbelievable. the # for Suriano, RBY, Real, Davidson....

all leaked.
yeah but only PSU pays for wrestlers. how are we supposed to believe such a podunk program in the backwaters of Iowa could put together such a lucrative package???

i don't know why it's so unbelievable. the # for Suriano, RBY, Real, Davidson....

all leaked.
Willie,
How do you do this and maintain your culture on the team? Do the math. You pretty much have to pay everyone or there will be division in the ranks. Is there that much money to go around? I have a hard time believing it. So Aaron Brooks and Carter are making over $250K/year? Bartlett/SVN/Haines $150K-250K? Come on man. There isn't that much money to go around.

Real got a bag. that doesnt mean Warner did.
RBY got a bag. that doesn't mean Bartlett did.
Davison got bag. that doesn't mean Amine did.

how do they maintain a culture....idk. last year when the Real stuff popped up i said 'what if you're Cass?'

idk what the conversations are. what i do know is that all of those i listed above 100% got big money;

giphy.gif

Heard the same type of numbers last year for some of the big name guys in the portal. This is in line with what Real got. I don't think it is fake news.

Reactions: js8793
This can't be legit because there's no way that would get leaked especially to that turd.

The coaching staff and higher ranked members of the HWC are likely the only ones to know on Iowa's side.

Truax on the other.

So if the leak happened, it came from Truax and you can be assured that TNT would be adamant about any financial information staying secret. So it likely didn't come from him.

Paddy Minnows is so damn gullable you almost feel sorry for him. Almost, but not quite. He's a moran.

If it's getting leaked, the reason is typically because the leaking party wants negotiation power (i.e. Bernie wants more money). Get that bag, young man.

Willie,
How do you do this and maintain your culture on the team? Do the math. You pretty much have to pay everyone or there will be division in the ranks. Is there that much money to go around? I have a hard time believing it. So Aaron Brooks and Carter are making over $250K/year? Bartlett/SVN/Haines $150K-250K? Come on man. There isn't that much money to go around.
This is an assumption that isn't necessarily true. Those guys aren't making that much (I'm assuming), but they can if that's what's important to them. All they have to do is enter the portal and the bag will be offered. But while the money is nice, winning is what's most important so they stay. That's how the culture survives.

It's a much bigger problem for small programs who may have wrestlers who think they can improve their training situation *and* get paid.

Reactions: Trapper85
If Truax goes elsewhere, get Buchanan from Oklahoma and toss $$$ at Ware for the HWC.

Reactions: Hwt1
leaked where? i would love to read about it. the number is unbelievable because the economics of wrestling don’t seem to imply there is that much value for a transfer with one year. just one man’s opinion i guess
A lot of people walking around with more money than they can possible spend. One of them posts here all the time.

• Haha
Reactions: el dub

giphy.gif
Spencer Lee is probably a multi millionaire at this point. He has an agent for his NIL deals I don't think that any agent is getting involved unless we are talking at least 500K. At this point I think that NIL money is going around like venture capital was on tech stocks during the late 90s. Its a weird and wild market imo because there are two pieces. The first is what I would call "real" and the second is what I would call "pay for play". The real piece is companies like Nike, Jimmy Johns and Fareway who basically hire athletes to endorse their products. At some point they are going to need to evaluate the money that they have paid out to athletes and determine if they have received an appropriate return on that money either through increased sales or built goodwill. I think a lot of this money will dry up. The play for pay piece is boosters who are just throwing money for the athlete to play somewhere. They are not expecting any real monetary return they just want the program to succeed. These guys will probably evaluate at some point if the money they pay gets them what they want to but it will be way less critical. I don't see that market drying up as fast and I think that is what will truly damage the sport.

this is factually incorrect.
Factually incorrect as to whom is leaking it? Because if it's Iowa's side leaking it, my guess would be either to drive the price down or (more likely) to "encourage" others to think about entering the transfer portal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT