ADVERTISEMENT

2015-2016 HS rankings on Flo

so cal hawkfan

HR All-American
Jun 5, 2012
Whittier CA
A couple future Hawks I thought I would mention and some Hawkeye prospects as well:

120 (Incredibly tough weight if everyone stays put. Sherman from Blair Academy is ranked 10th btw. Mejia has tough road to get to his third state title if Olivas is at 120)
#1 Spencer Lee
#2 Daton Fix
#3 Austin Gomez
#4 Cade Olivas
#5 Justin Mejia
#6 Jason Renteria

#1 Nick Suriano
#4 Rudy Yates

#1 Cameron Coy
#2 Carter Happel

#3 Brady Berge

#1 Alex Marinelli
#7 Kaleb Young

#1 Mark Hall

#2 Beau Breske

#11 Nathan Traxler

PFP:
#1 Hall
#2 Lee
#3 Suriano
#4 Marinelli
#13 Yates

Here's another one - Gremmel is #3 @ 220(Anderson is #2) - possible HWT recruit.

I've been curious about Gremmel for a while. I saw that he competes for an east coast club team (NY I believe) and I also thought that I saw he had scholarship interests in other sports. I haven't heard anything on the board about any Iowa interest in him or his interest in Iowa. Anyone have any info on him?

Gremmel doesn't do any other sports. And he was wearing a red Wisconsin shirt prior to his finals match vs. Andersen, if that means anything. IMO- Gremmel is the top heavyweight prospect left in the country, as Wood and Andersen are committed, and the top 285 pounder is a UCLA football commit.

Couple quick questions...

Is HWT Bradley in the room this fall or does he still have another year on his mission? Highly doubtful Iowa is looking at HWT. Stoll starting with Klap as back up. Bradley and Stoll battle it out in 2 years. HWT definitely not needed.

When does kids usually commit? Late summer or early fall?

When does kids usually commit? Late summer or early fall?

Whenever, really. I would say that you probably won't see much action until after July 1st, which is the official contact period for coaches and recruits. For instance Thomsen was right away after July 1, and then Steiert gave his verbal 1.5-2 weeks later (both to UNI)

The Valencia brothers commited in early June, I want to say sometime in the second week.

The third and final thing is that kids from the 2016 class have given early verbals at a much higher percentage than year's past. So at this point using last year as a measuring stick isn't even a good indicator, because kids are picking earlier, but I still think July is when you will see more chips fall.

As a SEP fan and alumni, I happened to be sitting in the suite at Iowa high school state wrestling with Gremmel and his family and got to talking with him and he stated that he Wisconsin is what he was thinking as it his pretty close to home for him. he also stated he would be going HWT this year as he had big cut last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT