ADVERTISEMENT

2017 NCAAs Session IV PBP

Not to be a Debbie downer, but outside of Sorensen and kemerer and maybe, maybe stoll, next year could be ugly? Anyone?

They will lap the field next year and it won't stop. It is unreal the diffference between PSU and the field. And they don't even have Suriano!

Reactions: diggerpup
We could see equal or better results than PSU in 2-3 years. I see 6 potential finalists in the line up at once and all are in the room next year except Gav. My target is the 158 pts we scored in '91.

Just trying to stay positive. This drought is killing me. God I hope Clark can get it.

Reactions: Ihawkd9times
I don't care we have Lee and crew. This is a horrible tourney team. Horrible. JFC I would now love the win and move on mentality like Okie St. But we can't even do that. We had 2 semi finalists get stuck that quick, Kem rolling, Alex could have stalled it out, Gilman knows he can't escape. Is it the athletes or the coaches?

Reactions: newattitude
What a joke. JFC. Gilman could never get out so did neutral, BS whatever, Kem rolling with a guy, and Brooks. Whatever. Embarrassing. It is embarrassing 2 semi guys get stuck that quick. Unreal. The difference between the programs is light years. And not getting closer.[/QUOTE

Until we get equal talent in house we will be behind, like everyone else is. Your complaining is not based on anything. They are getting more talent but PSU is loaded. It will take some time for us to get even close to the same level talent. Brands figured out you can't beat top level guys with lower tier recruits. He seems to be adjusting but it won't happen overnight.

Hawkeyes should finish no worse than 5th. I don't believe 6th place team can mathematically catch up. Last I saw we were 21 point ahead of 6th.

Not happy with 5th at all. Should be no worse than top 3 IMO. Like most would love to see Hawkeyes back on top.

Don't care if its not first. I didn't have much hope for that this tourney so my investment was in individual success. TG's loss knocked the wind out of me. Stoked for Clark.

Reactions: newattitude
I got ripped for saying I am tired of Iowa wrestlers continually saying score, score and score. Well our seniors don't do that at all. Gilman was up what 1-0 in the third? Meyer can score cause always down. Brandon has every match that counts 4 points or less. Brooks can score with only hero moves. We have no upper weights. And worse no 141. That is our strength I thought. Lower weights. Clark is a monster. What happened to Kem was either stupidity on his front or the coaches. So tired of the rhetoric. We need new blood like Taylor as an assistant. I realize we have great recruits. But still a few more years? And PSU is going no where soon. That is a fact.

Reactions: QCbulldog
Dangerous in the fact that it was very likely it would end in a fall for Zain and another team title. Dangerous in the fact that Sorensen's psyche is forever damaged. Damaging in the fact he will be a 0 time champ.
What pathetic little life u must have. My guess is somewhere in your past someone damaged your psyche and u have never been able to move on. Brandon will be just fine. Troll

Reactions: wasdt21
Thanks Vallhall. You do a great job. It helps greatly when I'm too busy with work or kids to catch up on the action with your play by play.

Redbird- Sorry this is so late, but I followed you into PBP, i.e. that I am standing on your shoulders (quote below). FWIW, I'm just keeping your seat warm. ;)

“We are like dwarfs on the shoulders of giants, so that we can see more than they, and things at a greater distance, not by virtue of any sharpness of sight on our part, or any physical distinction, but because we are carried high and raised up by their giant size.”

Bernard De Chartres

Reactions: The catman
Vallholl does a great job of transcribing what Grace and Ironside have to offer on the radio. My efforts were a labor of love, targeted at the Hawkeye wrestling fans around the globe who were unable to follow the transcription in real time. But the lunatics who continued to jump into the middle of the threads and spoil the outcome for those who were trying to follow on their time frame ruined it. Their personal attacks forced me out. I admire Vallholl for ignoring them and continuing with his efforts.

Not to be a Debbie downer, but outside of Sorensen and kemerer and maybe, maybe stoll, next year could be ugly? Anyone?
And as PSU returns a ton, Iowa was always going to be battling windmills.

The base
Sorensen / Kemerer return as AA.

The rest is a lot of "ifs".
Stoll's health is a concern. Wilcke was Rd 12 and hopefully drops to 84 and takes off. Marinelli / Young come out of RS and fill in the middle of the lineup with Gunther in there as well. Laux gets a chance at the full time gig. Happel / Turk have a chance to make a statement. Lots of opportunities.

Reactions: The catman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT