ADVERTISEMENT

2024 single game ticket prices

IaHawks03

HR Legend
Jan 10, 2005
Absolutely insane. Here is face value for this upcoming season. Tickets go on sale in July.
Illinois State - $52 end zone, $72 sideline
Iowa State - $137 end zone, $157 sideline
Troy - $79 end zone, $112 sideline
Washington - $137 end zone, $157 sideline
Northwestern - $72 end zone, $92 sideline
Wisconsin - $97 end zone, $117 sideline
Nebraska - $72 end zone, $92 sideline

Why would Troy be higher than a big ten game?

• Wow
Reactions: kkhawk
Where are these coming from? They look suspicious.

I believe you, but also agree that they are weird.

Because Troy will be a perfect night game in perfect weather on September 14th and will sellout no problem.

Nebraska will be a bitter cold day on Black Friday, we don't sell student tickets for the game, and we always have trouble selling out.

Iowa State prices match CFP participant Washington and absolutely destroys Wisconsin. And so many still wonder why we play ISU. Because it is BY FAR our most profitable football game on the schedule.

Because Troy will be a perfect night game in perfect weather on September 14th and will sellout no problem.

Nebraska will be a bitter cold day on Black Friday, we don't sell student tickets for the game, and we always have trouble selling out.
You’re correct, but it’s still funny.

If Nebraska were the actual blue blood they like to imagine they are, it’s still a game that’s in demand.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
You’re correct, but it’s still funny.

If Nebraska were the actual blue blood they like to imagine they are, it’s still a game that’s in demand.
Think of the teams that travel well. Nebby and Wiscy. I went to the Minnie game last year and the place was packed with a lot of Minnie fans that traveled. You'd think they would be more. TRoy??? Why would they make that a night game??

Northwestern doesn't bring any fans, so there is pretty much zero outside demand for those tix.

Assume Nebraska is due to Black Friday. I like going that day because I ain't going anywhere near a store that day and we don't travel anywhere for Thanksgiving, but many do.

Reactions: Bishop-71
I think this whole thing is just representative of the changing landscape of college football. For the most part I think it shows how much more difficult it is to get people to come to games. I remember when every ticket for the season had the same face value and there would be no problem filling the stadium every gameday. Now that the gameday experience is competing with all games in the country being televised and everyone having multiple 80"+ HDTV's with multi-view screens, getting people to come to games on holiday weekends and during potential lousy weather is getting more and more challenging, and requires the school to gouge fans for games that are in high demand to make up for the others. It's gotten to the point that a solid G-5 opponent during what could be fabulous weather is more expensive than the Homecoming game in late Oct against a decent B1G opponent and even a rivalry game on Thanksgiving weekend.

If you log in and look as if you are buying new season tickets, there really is not much left available. Mostly in the middle sides way up top. Some in the SE corner. None in the North End Zone.

Looks like still selling mobile pass for the $325.

We are gonna have a sold out season.

Absolutely insane. Here is face value for this upcoming season. Tickets go on sale in July.
Illinois State - $52 end zone, $72 sideline
Iowa State - $137 end zone, $157 sideline
Troy - $79 end zone, $112 sideline
Washington - $137 end zone, $157 sideline
Northwestern - $72 end zone, $92 sideline
Wisconsin - $97 end zone, $117 sideline
Nebraska - $72 end zone, $92 sideline

Why would Troy be higher than a big ten game?
I went to Stub Hub and picked up 5x for Washington game at $65 a ticket. North endzone 335 - 19 rows up

I think this whole thing is just representative of the changing landscape of college football. For the most part I think it shows how much more difficult it is to get people to come to games. I remember when every ticket for the season had the same face value and there would be no problem filling the stadium every gameday. Now that the gameday experience is competing with all games in the country being televised and everyone having multiple 80"+ HDTV's with multi-view screens, getting people to come to games on holiday weekends and during potential lousy weather is getting more and more challenging, and requires the school to gouge fans for games that are in high demand to make up for the others. It's gotten to the point that a solid G-5 opponent during what could be fabulous weather is more expensive than the Homecoming game in late Oct against a decent B1G opponent and even a rivalry game on Thanksgiving weekend.
There weren’t any games Thanksgiving Day weekend during the time you’re talking about.

The season is going probably be sold out in May. I’m not sure what the issue is?

I think Iowa only sold out a couple of games at most in 2002 when they went 11-1, for example.

Last edited:
Mobile pass season ticket sold out in less than 5 hours. They must have only sold a few hundred of those

Last edited:
a ticket to see the troy trojans costing more than both NW and nebraska...........REALLLY?!?

Reactions: IaHawks03
I guess I don't understand the hype for this upcoming season to raise ticket prices substantially.

Reactions: kkhawk
Gonna be a sold out show kids. Now maybe you will be able to pick up less than face on scalping sites.

We are getting close to the time I believe when we get more info regarding start times for more games. Seems like it is usually around Memorial Day + or -.

Mobile pass season ticket sold out in less than 5 hours. They must have only sold a few hundred of those
5 hours!?!?!?!?!?

Just goes to show, nobody wants to go to the games anymore, and that the entire fanbase is apathetic to Iowa football.

Reactions: IaHawks03
Why would Troy be a night game?

No way troy is a night game. Washington will be a night game since that's the black and gold striped game
One, has this been determined already?

Two, Iowa doesn’t decide what time their games are.

Three, they can have more than one night game.

Four, Nevada was a night game a couple years ago. There is no reason Troy can’t be.

One, has this been determined already?

Two, Iowa doesn’t decide what time their games are.

Three, they can have more than one night game.

Four, Nevada was a night game a couple years ago. There is no reason Troy can’t be.
Certainly anything is possible. Here's some big 10 week 3 matchups:

Troy at Iowa
Notre Dame at Purdue
Washington state at Washington
Oregon at Oregon State
Indiana at UCLA
Alabama at Wisconsin

That has 11am for Iowa written all over it.
Also the game vs Troy is the goldout game.

Certainly anything is possible. Here's some big 10 week 3 matchups:

Troy at Iowa
Notre Dame at Purdue
Washington state at Washington
Oregon at Oregon State
Indiana at UCLA
Alabama at Wisconsin

That has 11am for Iowa written all over it.
Also the game vs Troy is the goldout game.
The old rules of what makes an 11:00 A.M. don't apply and hasn't applied for a while. The start time is secondary now. It's where it gets shown on. The Iowa game probably will be a BTN game. The start time could be any time. As we have seen with many games on the BTN.

So an average of $114.14 to sit on the sideline for a college football--regular season--game.

I'm effing old!!!!
Sounds like a Cubs single bleacher seat price….I too had sticker shock a few years back. (Used to be $5 back in the day)😎

The old rules of what makes an 11:00 A.M. don't apply and hasn't applied for a while. The start time is secondary now. It's where it gets shown on. The Iowa game probably will be a BTN game. The start time could be any time. As we have seen with many games on the BTN.
Yep.

Reactions: ichawk24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT