ADVERTISEMENT

62% of Iowans oppose Gov. Kim Reynolds’ private school scholarships law, Iowa Poll finds

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Iowans oppose Gov. Kim Reynolds’ signature “school choice” law, which allows families to use taxpayer money to pay for private schools, by nearly a 2-to-1 margin, according to a new Des Moines Register/Mediacom Iowa Poll.

More than six in 10 Iowans, 62%, oppose the law. The program will allow every Iowa family to receive about $7,600 annually per student in an education savings account to pay private school costs such as tuition and fees.

Just over a third of Iowans favor the policy, at 34%. Another 4% are not sure.

The law’s passage came over the opposition of a dozen lawmakers from Reynolds’ own party — nine in the House, and three in the Senate.

The Iowa Poll found a narrow majority of Republicans (51%) oppose the “school choice” law, while 44% of Republicans are in favor.

Political independents closely mirror the state as a whole, with 63% opposed and 34% in favor.

Democrats overwhelmingly oppose the law, with 82% opposed and 12% in favor.

Well, it is absolutely stupid…so there’s that. Congrats on the 62% that saw through it though. Too bad they couldn’t see through it on Election Day. Ah, we love our incumbents!

Too bad though Iowa. Elections have consequences. Time to sit in your own Kim and Grassley slop. Don’t worry though, they’re working hard on bathrooms, pronouns, and guns in parking lots - ya know, the challenging issues affecting Iowans the most.

Last edited:
Iowans oppose Gov. Kim Reynolds’ signature “school choice” law, which allows families to use taxpayer money to pay for private schools, by nearly a 2-to-1 margin, according to a new Des Moines Register/Mediacom Iowa Poll.

More than six in 10 Iowans, 62%, oppose the law. The program will allow every Iowa family to receive about $7,600 annually per student in an education savings account to pay private school costs such as tuition and fees.

Just over a third of Iowans favor the policy, at 34%. Another 4% are not sure.

The law’s passage came over the opposition of a dozen lawmakers from Reynolds’ own party — nine in the House, and three in the Senate.

The Iowa Poll found a narrow majority of Republicans (51%) oppose the “school choice” law, while 44% of Republicans are in favor.

Political independents closely mirror the state as a whole, with 63% opposed and 34% in favor.

Democrats overwhelmingly oppose the law, with 82% opposed and 12% in favor.
Nobody trusts polls.

Reactions: QChawks
Bullshit they don’t. Maybe you don’t but most folks do. Register polls are pretty good/ accurate most of the time.
Seltzer is the gold standard for any poll dealing with Iowa.
I stand by my comments, polls are soo easy to manipulate.

IMO the people of Iowa know how crappy the public schools are and thus 100% supportive of school vouchers

• Haha
Reactions: bojihawk44
Pete is just a mediocre troll.
Typical liberal response, I see what you attempted to do. When you dislike someone’s political views you just keep calling them a troll in the hopes the ban hammer drops on them.

I see it as a tactic used by the left to silence those you disagree with. Pete Malloy is not a troll he is your intellectual better.

Typical liberal response, I see what you attempted to do. When you dislike someone’s political views you just keep calling them a troll in the hopes the ban hammer drops on them.

I see it as a tactic used by the left to silence those you disagree with. Pete Malloy is not a troll he is your intellectual better.
Referring to yourself in the "third person"...think pretty highly of yourself.

To use a phrase from Turd's wife, Melanie...Be Better!

Bullshit they don’t. Maybe you don’t but most folks do. Register polls are pretty good/ accurate most of the time.
Seltzer is the gold standard for any poll dealing with Iowa.
I certainly don’t trust any poll associated with the Register. It’s always baffled me why they don’t have a balanced/unbiased editorial board.

Unfortunately, farmers wanting subsidies and rural Iowans duped by the concept of no State income tax still control the voting box.
The only way I see things changing is in 3-4 years when Iowans see the damage the school vouchers are doing to the State.

Then...Dim Kim probably "reallocates" lottery $$$/Fed grants. Hints of that coming is the proposed bill to limit what documents the State Auditor has access to.
Buckle up!

Reactions: cigaretteman
I certainly don’t trust any poll associated with the Register. It’s always baffled me why they don’t have a balanced/unbiased editorial board.
Got any other polls on the subject? Do you recall any legislator who pushed this, or the governor citing widespread, empirically proven support for the legislation?

Referring to yourself in the "third person"...think pretty highly of yourself.

To use a phrase from Turd's wife, Melanie...Be Better!

The real question is if he said “NC says Pete Malloy is your intellectual better” is it still third person? Inquiring minds want to know…

mind-blow-galaxy.gif

Also, just in case you forgot you did this on your @Pete Malloy account, you were fine with the Gallup Poll on Sunday when it fit your troll narrative. Cut down your accounts NC. You’re having a hard time keeping them all straight. You’re embarrassing yourself even more than normal.

Post in thread 'Iowa Poll: More approve than disapprove of Iowa Legislature in 7th year of GOP control'
https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/thre...-7th-year-of-gop-control.415206/post-11062195

Last edited:
The real question is if he said “NC says Pete Malloy is your intellectual better” is it still third person? Inquiring minds want to know…

mind-blow-galaxy.gif

Also, just in case you forgot you did this on your @Pete Malloy account, you were fine with the Gallup Poll on Sunday when it fit your troll narrative. Cut down your accounts NC. You’re having a hard time keeping them all straight. You’re embarrassing yourself even more than normal.

Post in thread 'Iowa Poll: More approve than disapprove of Iowa Legislature in 7th year of GOP control'
https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/thre...-7th-year-of-gop-control.415206/post-11062195
Gallup more likely to be close to accurate than Mason City Globe Gazette or whatever liberal rag was cited in the Iowa poll.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawki97
I was told people disapproved of how Reynolds handled Covid too.
But, when it came time to vote, it turned out that wasn’t true.

Reactions: BustingNarratives
Only a fool doesn’t trust a “Selzer” poll . You disgust for The Register aside.
It is only unbalanced fron your view. I think it’s terribly parochial and too conservative.

I stand by my comments, polls are soo easy to manipulate.

IMO the people of Iowa know how crappy the public schools are and thus 100% supportive of school vouchers
I am sure you are (always) correct, Pete. I worship at your alter….if there is room.

I am amazed you can see the folly of a “Selzer/Register” poll… because no one else can. She is uncanny in her polling accuracy of Iowa matters but then you know best.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT