ADVERTISEMENT

ADT salespeople/ contractors

NDallasRuss

HR Legend
Dec 5, 2002
SOTE. Eff these roaches.

It's 7pm on a Saturday evening. Sitting down for dinner. Doorbell rings. It's a contractor that sells/ installs ADT.

I bought the house ~2 months ago. He's the third one to come by - the other two came by more than once. I tell him a) I'm having dinner, b) he's the third one, and c) I'm not interested.

He tells me that buying the house is public information, INCLUDING FOR THE THIEVES!!!

I guess that's what they do - push the fear that your home and family are constantly in danger.

"Should I remove your discount?" Fvck yes! And don't come back. Lowlife.

/rant

Sounds like you bought in a high crime area. Ts & Ps....
I was VERY clear that I wanted to buy in an area with no minorities criminals!! 😋

It's a really nice neighborhood. The people before me had ADT, so I'm sure I'm on a list of homes that already have the equipment installed. Maybe they figure it's an easier sell.

I've got the "this home protected by ADT" stickers on the windows - I'm all set!

Happened to us in our first home. Had an uneasy feeling from the start. Pulled the “oh your neighbors just down the street had someone break in just the other week and now they’re getting a system installed”.

You didn't make one of your butlers answer the door?!

Protip: Don't ever answer the door for a stranger unless they're carrying balloons and a huge check from Publisher's Clearing House.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
It’s not like anyone wants to knock on doors for a living. I’m always polite and just tell them that I can do what they’re offering myself. I appreciate the hustle.
I get that, and I did try to be polite. At the same time, I was frustrated that he chose Saturday evening to do this, and also that 3 different ADT-affiliated people have all come by.

Reactions: BrianNole777
It’s not like anyone wants to knock on doors for a living. I’m always polite and just tell them that I can do what they’re offering myself. I appreciate the hustle.
If you’re good at it, it’s very lucrative. Sales in general is this way. We get a large chunk of our business from door knocking.

Reactions: BrianNole777
SOTE. Eff these roaches.

It's 7pm on a Saturday evening. Sitting down for dinner. Doorbell rings. It's a contractor that sells/ installs ADT.

I bought the house ~2 months ago. He's the third one to come by - the other two came by more than once. I tell him a) I'm having dinner, b) he's the third one, and c) I'm not interested.

He tells me that buying the house is public information, INCLUDING FOR THE THIEVES!!!

I guess that's what they do - push the fear that your home and family are constantly in danger.

"Should I remove your discount?" Fvck yes! And don't come back. Lowlife.

/rant
we were in our new house for like 3 hours when an ADT sales rep knocked and said "cute house but your neighborhood is 😬😬😬😬😬"

We also had a rep for some servailance company, viviny, or something. He was like "Watch this, straight from someones door cam" and showed me a video of a drive by shooting.

Like, why the **** would I want to see that and how would a door cam help me in that situation?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT