ADVERTISEMENT

after all the sweating and fretting about getting

One at a time fellas, mind on Davidson this week.
t150.r191677.gif

But I agree, best draw we could have got!

The Hawkeyes were predicted to be a 7th seed
before the Big Ten Tournament.

The Hawkeyes were given a 7th seed after the
BTT.

Bottom Line: Our loss to Penn St. did not hurt
our seed.

Also let's not forget the troll-moron that had Iowa in another first 4 game. Seems pretty obvious now that the only way Iowa could have gotten seeded higher than a 7 would be to have gotten to the B!G championship game or perhaps have to win it. For all the chicken littles out there it appears that loss to Penn State (while it hurt us fans) really had no bearing on the seed.
smile.r191677.gif

Wondering where all the chicken littles are at now that we got the seed we were predicted to get pre-BTT.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Would have been nice to have a 6 seed obviously. No way of knowing if they could have been on the 6 line unless they beat Penn St.

I thought the BTT loss would drop us to an 8. I was wrong. I'm a loser. Everyone that said we would still be a 7 seed is way smarter than me and a better person than me. That being said I'm thrilled at our draw.

Originally posted by LuteHawk:

The Hawkeyes were predicted to be a 7th seed
before the Big Ten Tournament.

The Hawkeyes were given a 7th seed after the
BTT.

Bottom Line: Our loss to Penn St. did not hurt
our seed.
You could say this if you knew for damn sure Iowa wasn't a 6 seed prior to losing to Penn State.

Since we don't know that, there is no bottom line, unless you're a committee member I suppose.

considering the matchups the committee may have done IA a favor.

1st game Davidson
2nd game Gonzaga
3rd game ISU
4th game Duke

after that it really doesn't matter. they still have to win their 1st Game.

Iowa was obviously a solid 7 coming in. Even if we would have advanced and upset Wisky to get to final in BTT
The highest would have been a 6 seed.
I'd rather have them rested and pissed off about losing to PSU.
Davidson who played today in A10 final , now has to fly out to Seattle to play us.
Good luck!

Originally posted by GPRHAWK:
I thought the BTT loss would drop us to an 8. I was wrong. I'm a loser. Everyone that said we would still be a 7 seed is way smarter than me and a better person than me. That being said I'm thrilled at our draw.
You should be ashamed of yourself , Mr. Chicken little

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT