ADVERTISEMENT

AJ and his redshirt

That's a great movie!!
joe pesci youths GIF

My guess is that AJ is just playing coy with the visits thing to make everyone sweat a little, probably didn't like having his 'announcement shine' stolen by Mineo and others tweeting that he was accepted to Iowa and it was a done deal. I kinda got that feeling from AJ SR's Ironman interview too when he was asked where AJ is going.

I have read these threads.
(Hooked On Phonics is a lifesaver.)
With that said, do we REALLY need AJ and his baggage?
I don't know the right answer.
He seems, right perception or not, to be a "Look at ME" type, which has never been the Hawkeye style.

With that said, do we REALLY need AJ and his baggage?
He seems, right perception or not, to be a "Look at ME" type, which has never been the Hawkeye style.
Do we really need to rehash this yet again. How many times do we need to say the same thing over and over. I have no doubt that you believe you’re coming from a place of good will and virtue, but isn’t it also virtuous to believe in second chances. Why do we need to continually judge him for his past actions. The coaches believe in him enough, the wrestlers on the team seem to get along with the family, even the admin office at the university is willing to accept him. Why can’t us fans begin to give him a second chance.

I’m not sure how this will play out but if it ends poorly seemingly everyone in a position of power at the university will be at fault. That’s a lot to risk on someone so egotistical and such a terrible person. Maybe the vocal minority of fans is wrong. Just because a mob is loud doesn’t mean they’re right.

With that said, do we REALLY need AJ and e his baggage?
He seems, right perception a much better time or not, to be a "Look at ME" type, which has never been the Hawkeye style.
Do we really want to be competitive with PSU??? If so, we may need to take a few chances. This is a much better time to get him then when he was straight out of high school, has had tough lessons, and hopefully matured some with age. He’s always going to be an attention whore , but if that’s the worst part of him, I can live with it. That also makes Iowa the perfect place for him since we have the largest most passionate fan base, with the largest crowds to wrestle in front of.

My guess is that AJ is just playing coy with the visits thing to make everyone sweat a little, probably didn't like having his 'announcement shine' stolen by Mineo and others tweeting that he was accepted to Iowa and it was a done deal. I kinda got that feeling from AJ SR's Ironman interview too when he was asked where AJ is going.

Probably also has to do with whether admin here accepts him or not.

Reactions: el dub
Do you really think he will go anywhere but Iowa :)
The university still has to admit him. That's not a given knowing his pattern of past behavior and academic standards. In this day and age, universities operate in an entirely different reality than everyone else.

And I thought that the NCAA was bad. This just seems like this is going on forever. Just make a decision already. I'm sure this is not rocket science.

And I thought that the NCAA was bad. This just seems like this is going on forever. Just make a decision already. I'm sure this is not rocket science.
No kidding, they should have all the information they are going to get. The speed at which big bureaucracy’s move make snails look quick.

Do we know that a decision on admission hasn’t already been made? It isn’t like there’s going to be a press release about him being admitted. We will only know if and when he wants it out there.

Glad he's all in on his Lord and Savior.
I love when the winners thank God and say that praying to him carried them to the Championship. All glory to God!

I wish I could find it again.. but I once watched an interview with a college wrestler years ago that finished in 2nd place. He said "I also prayed to God everyday for a Championship. What the Hell man?" He had a big smile on his face. I laughed pretty hard aswell. Im guessing most finalists that finished in 2nd prayed before the match. Religious or not.

FYI- God doesn't give a shit if you win a Championship in a sporting event. Just ask him

I love when the winners thank God and say that praying to him carried them to the Championship. All glory to God!

I wish I could find it again.. but I once watched an interview with a college wrestler years ago that finished in 2nd place. He said "I also prayed to God everyday for a Championship. What the Hell man?" He had a big smile on his face. I laughed pretty hard aswell. Im guessing most finalists that finished in 2nd prayed before the match. Religious or not.

FYI- God doesn't give a shit if you win a Championship in a sporting event. Just ask him

To be honest, I never pray for a given wrestler to win; I agree with WildTurk that compared to famine, pestilence, war, etc, matches are meaningless.
Of course this belief gets tested when I have relatives competing.

Another factor is what if both competitors are good Godfearing individuals? Who is God supposed to favor?

I do actually pray that no one gets hurt in a match, even though I know they (so to speak) are putting themselves in harm's way.

To be honest, I never pray for a given wrestler to win; I agree with WildTurk that compared to famine, pestilence, war, etc, matches are meaningless.
Of course this belief gets tested when I have relatives competing.

Another factor is what if both competitors are good Godfearing individuals? Who is God supposed to favor?

I do actually pray that no one gets hurt in a match, even though I know they (so to speak) are putting themselves in harm's way.
Sounds like a good policy.

I never pray for anyone to win or lose. I'll pray the best thing happens for them. Sometimes that means it's best they lose. Sometimes it's best they win. Then again, it all may be of no consequence in God's eyes.

Sometimes time and chance just takeover.

Ecclesiastes 9:11 - I again saw under the sun that the race is not to the swift, and the battle is not to the warriors, and neither is bread to the wise, nor wealth to the discerning, nor favor to men of ability; for time and chance overtake them all.

A lot of athletes thank God for the chance to glorify him through the platform they’ve been given. I would venture to guess few if any believe that God is rooting for them to win a match

A lot of athletes thank God for the chance to glorify him through the platform they’ve been given. I would venture to guess few if any believe that God is rooting for them to win a match
It doesn’t have to be God rooting for them to thank God. It could just be that by following the fundamentals of their faith they had the discipline to work and overcome obstacles and it led them to achieve great things.

Last edited:
haha flashback memories. I also had a PowerHouse gym membership about a decade ago .....doing strength training to augment my running goals (marathons/half marathons). More times than not at least a couple bodybuilders there throwing around weights and posing in front of the mirrors. Actually kind of befriended a couple of those guys because I was curious about their diet, supplements, etc. Nice enough guys but the flexing and posing displays were ridiculous!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT