ADVERTISEMENT

All you KF & BF haters cheering Beth…

hawkisoaker

HR MVP
Aug 5, 2011
It was a huge mistake for her not dealing with this post season.

Good luck hiring the next OC and HC knowing that she came in and put the heavy hand on the winningest HC in the programs history and 3rd in the BIG history.

I’m sure that’ll attract ALL the big names who have other options. I mean you thought not handing Stoops the job on the spot was a deterrent for him, just wait until you try to hire someone with them knowing she/ the AD will dictate who the OC & DCs are in the end and do so mid season.

Careful what you wish for….oh wait, it’s too late, the blemish is there already.

Good luck hiring the next OC and HC knowing that she came in and put the heavy hand on the winningest HC in the programs history and 3rd in the BIG history.

I’m sure that’ll attract ALL the big names who have other options. I mean you thought not handing Stoops the job on the spot was a deterrent for him, just wait until you try to hire someone with them knowing she/ the AD will dictate who the OC & DCs are in the end and do so mid season.

Careful what you wish for….oh wait, it’s too late, the blemish is there already.
I think honestly coaches around the country were looking at what’s gone on at OC and laughed at how ridiculous it is it went on this long tbh. Also as far as wanting to come here other than money and being in the new power 2 conference set up Iowa offers tons of attractions for big coaches with it without Kirk or Beth tbh.

Oh, please. Beth made a decision for Kirk that he was unable to make himself. Iowa’s offense was a national laughingstock midway through this year as it had been the two previous years. If for nothing more than the optics action needed to be taken.

I also feel this was a needed warning to Kirk to step it up as the B1G changes with better teams coming into the league. Hopefully he got the message and will respond with better recruiting and a winning offensive strategy.

UhIt was a huge mistake for her not dealing with this post season.

Aubrey Plaza Ok GIF by truTV’s The Chris Gethard Show

Oh, please. Beth made a decision for Kirk that he was unable to make himself. Iowa’s offense was a national laughingstock midway through this year and if for nothing more than the optics action needed to be taken.

I also feel this was a needed warning to Kirk to step it up as the B1G changes with better teams coming into the league. Hopefully he got the message and will respond with better recruiting and a winning offensive strategy.
Yeah if you've gathered how Kirk has acted these last several weeks, there was ZERO f***ing chance he would've endorsed Brian's firing even after the season was over.

It's just that doing it during the season, was always gonna rub him the wrong way more because of how he's always done things, or preferred things to be done...............

I think honestly coaches around the country were looking at what’s gone on at OC and laughed at how ridiculous it is it went on this long tbh. Also as far as wanting to come here other than money and being in the new power 2 conference set up Iowa offers tons of attractions for big coaches with it without Kirk or Beth tbh.
That may work for some non power 5 up and comer from UNI etc., but when they have options from other power 5 schools that want to hand the the keys to the world over, im guessing well
Come in 2nd for many.

You can “hope” they don’t, but agents don’t work on hope with their clients. Welcome to hiring the next Maine HC, yall better wish they’re 1/2 as good as KF was.

Yeah if you've gathered how Kirk has acted these last several weeks, there was ZERO f***ing chance he would've endorsed Brian's firing even after the season was over.

It's just that doing it during the season, was always gonna rub him the wrong way more because of how he's always done things, or preferred things to be done...............
It could have been done after the season with closed doors in a win win way. U know, like a professional would have done.

That may work for some non power 5 up and comer from UNI etc., but when they have options from other power 5 schools that want to hand the the keys to the world over, im guessing well
Come in 2nd for many.

You can “hope” they don’t, but agents don’t work on hope with their clients. Welcome to hiring the next Maine HC, yall better wish they’re 1/2 as good as KF was.
Oh. Okay.

Kirk has always been a my way or the highway kind of guy.

Like the time Kirk probably said,

“Hey Gary, I don’t care what the laws of the State of Iowa say or silly things like “standard hiring practices.” I am hiring my son and giving him a million a year. You come up with the scheme and get it done. Bitch.”

Last edited:
Come on OP. Beth was kind enough to let BF finish the season despite a historic atrocious offense.

At least recruits know a new OC will be coming. Beth did what Kirk would not do - put an end to this travesty … Iowa has money for a new OC. She made the right choice at the right time. Many programs would have canned Brian right then and there.

Last edited:
It could have been done after the season with closed doors in a win win way. U know, like a professional would have done.
But it would have negatively affected both recruiting and players morale when trying to retain them.

They got a clear answer a month ago and have had time to process it, rather than having to deal with this new information now............

They chose correctly.

Deal with it.

First, it was not Kirk’s decision. It was in the AD’s hands. That was the only way it could have happened (arguably it should never have happened). They came up with a hinky set of conditions, but it’s uncertain/doubtful that Barta would have acted on them. He didn’t have to. It was in his control whether to enforce them. When he left, Goetz had the power because she was now the AD. Whether she acted alone or in concert with others, ultimately it was her authority as the AD. Kirk could have his input as to why Brian should stay, but it was never his decision to make.

Moving forward, the new OC is in Kirk’s hands. Not Goetz’s.

I do not have a strong opinion on whether the timing of what she did was right or wrong, but it was inevitable that Brian was not coming back. It is too bad that it did not work out, but it did not.

He’s got a point. No coordinators have ever been fired mid-season. Ever.
How many coordinators have been in charge of the nation’s worst college football unit for nearly three years running, have been the head guy’s son and have had their poor performance tolerated and excused by their dad?

It was well past time to pull the trigger. I do believe Beth made a mistake by letting BF hang around to the end of the season.

Reactions: Buffhawk and nu2u
First, it was not Kirk’s decision. It was in the AD’s hands. That was the only way it could have happened (arguably it should never have happened). They came up with a hinky set of conditions, but it’s uncertain/doubtful that Barta would have acted on them. He didn’t have to. It was in his control whether to enforce them. When he left, Goetz had the power because she was now the AD. Whether she acted alone or in concert with others, ultimately it was her authority as the AD. Kirk could have his input as to why Brian should stay, but it was never his decision to make.

Moving forward, the new OC is in Kirk’s hands. Not Goetz’s.

I do not have a strong opinion on whether the timing of what she did was right or wrong, but it was inevitable that Brian was not coming back. It is too bad that it did not work out, but it did not.
Kirk was clearly going to point to the injuries for why he was going to bring Brian back.

Goetz deserves a statue for pulling the trigger. Rumor has it she pulled the plug but was keeping it quiet until the end of the season and it got leaked so they had to go public. I believe that since she allowed him to coach out the season.

Imagine the narrative and ridicule if the media was still tracking the 325 target and Kirk having the desire to bring him back.

I think most coaches across the country were too damn busy to pay much attention to the soap opera in Iowa City. They probably know Kirk more than they know Ms. Goetz….and probably felt it was Kirk’s mess to handle at the ap;propriate time.

Reactions: hawkisoaker
How many coordinators have been in charge of the nation’s worst college football unit for nearly three years running, have been the head guy’s son and have had their poor performance tolerated and excused by their dad?

It was well past time to pull the trigger. I do believe Beth made a mistake by letting BF hang around to the end of the season.
Bruh.....

you-joke.gif

IIRC, Hayden was hired after being fired from SMU and was the coach at N. Texas or whatever they are called now. His first statement was, "I would have taken any job that started with the University of ....., even if it was the University of Mars!"

Kirk was clearly going to point to the injuries for why he was going to bring Brian back.

Goetz deserves a statue for pulling the trigger. Rumor has it she pulled the plug but was keeping it quiet until the end of the season and it got leaked so they had to go public. I believe that since she allowed him to coach out the season.

Imagine the narrative and ridicule if the media was still tracking the 325 target and Kirk having the desire to bring him back.
Now tell me the injuries to the team made no difference, Randy. NOT excusing Kirk’s poor offensive performance this season……but remember, 10-3……and we know it was really 11-2, #17 rated in the nation and a New Years Day bowl……so tell me how bad Kirk screwed up this year again, please.
We lost Tom Davis similarly.

Kirk has always been a my way or the highway kind of guy.

Like the time Kirk probably said,

“Hey Gary, I don’t care what the laws of the State of Iowa say or silly things like “standard hiring practices.” I am hiring my son and giving him a million a year. You come up with the scheme and get it done. Bitch.”
What power 5 HC hasn’t been or isn’t…jfc, go back to your safe space already.

Coaches who coach by listening to the fans in the stands will soon be sitting with them watching the games from the stands.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT