ADVERTISEMENT

All you KF & BF haters cheering Beth…

Iowa's tendencies is pretty ridiculous though thats the issue. @Franisdaman has a link for it.

11 personnel was 100% out of gun with like 80% being pass plays.

Under center was something like 75% run.

And after losing Lachey and All Brians insistence on using 2 TE sets make absolutely ZERO sense.

Everything Kirks wants accomplished can be done out of pistol or gun. Just simply moving away from center would help the Offense immensely
Oh yeah...we ought to run the offense out of formations we don’t have personnel for! That makes much more sense..

• Haha
Reactions: Bierhalter
Oh yeah...we ought to run the offense out of formations we don’t have personnel for! That makes much more sense..
How?

5 OL
Ostrenga
Ragaini
Bostick/Vines
Brown
QB in pistol or gun
RB behind or next to said QB in gun

That's 11 players
Its not that hard.

LWills big run against Nebby was out of gun and 11 personnel.
Kaleb Johnson last year against Wisconsin walked into the endzone untouched on a run out 11 personnel in Shotgun.

Again its not rocket surgery.

Every football team has these same tendencies by personnel and down and distance. Why do you think players look at hours of tape? This is SCOUTING....Determine the personnel got each play....identify the offensive formation and then execute. Iowa and Parker(s) are some of the bation’s Best at this analysis.
I believe it was Urban Meyer last month who when talking about Iowa’s defense stated that NO team in America is better than Iowa at identifying a play by personnel and formation before the snap.
Not anywhere near the level Iowa does.
Defensively, Urban is referencing iowa's ability to align to formation. Iowa doesn't do many exotic things on defense, they only have a few things to worry about formationally speaking. What Iowa is awesome at, it reading what happens at the snap. That requires film study and prep. The pre-snap formational tendencies that iowa has (without any threat of being beat deep) is unlike anyone else in major college football.
Iowa is running the equivalent of wing t at the college level.

It was a huge mistake for her not dealing with this post season.

Good luck hiring the next OC and HC knowing that she came in and put the heavy hand on the winningest HC in the programs history and 3rd in the BIG history.

I’m sure that’ll attract ALL the big names who have other options. I mean you thought not handing Stoops the job on the spot was a deterrent for him, just wait until you try to hire someone with them knowing she/ the AD will dictate who the OC & DCs are in the end and do so mid season.

Careful what you wish for….oh wait, it’s too late, the blemish is there already.
Beth hands down! Kirk is blinded by nepotism!
Thank God she fired BF! I wish KF would retire because the game has passed him by!

Thanks for the laugh.

No…IT is Kirk’s “fault”…he’s the HC……My whole point here and other threads is that many point the finger at Brian…..Brian is a soldier here….following orders and wishes of his superior….and I honestly believe in Kirk’s system, the offense is the red-headed step-child on the team and it always has been. Kirk believes like many coaches, you win more football games with your defense than you do your offense. Again (and I sound like a broken record) look at who Iowa recruits and where they place them……Xavier and DeJean were both quality all-state OFFENSIVE players who came to Iowa to play on the defense…. A few years ago Pella had a quarterback who was “all state” and player of the year as a senior…..who attended Iowa and played on the defense…..(he transferred out after his freshman year)……Some coaches coach towards offense and others towards their defense…….who is right and who is wrong?
Some like to coach toward both a good offense and defense. Seems like a good thought.

Reactions: Iron Doc
Where’s Kirk coaching tree? It’s virtually non-existent.

Compare/contrast that with Hayden Fry, who hired great young assistants, coached them up then saw them scatter to other programs as head coaches. Says a lot about kirk’s ability, or lack thereof, to spot talent that complements his vision and program.

I worry about who he’ll hire as the next OC.

So the coaching tree is more important to you than the win loss record? Lack of ability? Having a better record than all but 3 teams in the last many years shows his lack of ability? Good grief.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
Iowa's tendencies is pretty ridiculous though thats the issue. @Franisdaman has a link for it.

11 personnel was 100% out of gun with like 80% being pass plays.

Under center was something like 75% run.

And after losing Lachey and All Brians insistence on using 2 TE sets make absolutely ZERO sense.

Everything Kirks wants accomplished can be done out of pistol or gun. Just simply moving away from center would help the Offense immensely

Reactions: ButtersHawk
A. do you know what complementary football means?
B. Ball Control: Would you admit you can control all those things the same way we have but with better running schemes and route combinations? AND with a qb that can leave the pocket.
You made this so simple and yet so correct.

This regarding the new OC hire would be my lowest end of satisfaction if that makes sense. I can live with being under center if our passing concepts are more modern and evolved. But this system has to change QB wise especially with FR. 90's Pro style isnt NFL pro style anymore. If we have a talented FR QB it shouldn't be that hard to get him legitimate game time if the others aren't up to par. We aren't storming Normandy here.

Reactions: littlez
No…IT is Kirk’s “fault”…he’s the HC……My whole point here and other threads is that many point the finger at Brian…..Brian is a soldier here….following orders and wishes of his superior….and I honestly believe in Kirk’s system, the offense is the red-headed step-child on the team and it always has been. Kirk believes like many coaches, you win more football games with your defense than you do your offense. Again (and I sound like a broken record) look at who Iowa recruits and where they place them……Xavier and DeJean were both quality all-state OFFENSIVE players who came to Iowa to play on the defense…. A few years ago Pella had a quarterback who was “all state” and player of the year as a senior…..who attended Iowa and played on the defense…..(he transferred out after his freshman year)……Some coaches coach towards offense and others towards their defense…….who is right and who is wrong?
I'm going to live in your world for a second but want to ask one question. Lets say it's true and that Phil does get his pick of the litter first every recruiting cycle.

What about this system offensively would make a HS kid thats talented on both sides of the ball or listed as an ATH want to play offense here?

Cooper wanted to play in the NFL and agreed that D was his best shot. But maybe just maybe if we had a record of mobile QBs and a system that used zone read, RPO, and threw the ball down field more than once a game that MAYBE he would have tried QB?

Now let’s compare that to other teams… I’m guessing the number are not far off… yall get played so easily
Beavis And Butthead Shut Up GIF

Reactions: OutbackBowl2017
It’s a great topic, proven by #s and facts… but go post about tight pants or something like you usually do. I’ll keep running the show here! Carry on Proletariat.

This site has a robust archive search system…feel free to dump anything of the like that I’ve posted… :rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT