ADVERTISEMENT

Are Hawks everywhere excited about the new massage board format!

12375CAT

HR MVP
Feb 15, 2012
CHAMPS001_zps6db155a3.jpg

Why fix something not broke? I thought the old site laid out pretty well. Internet sites constantly change I think because they feel the need to keep interest. I've always liked HR the best but will likely look around more now at the other sites.

Reactions: IronFist1776
Works better for mobile users. Best of all, a mobile user doesn't get kicked out to the main forum page after posting.

This is like another forum I frequent which at least tells you when someone replies to you. That was the most annoying about the past one when having any type of discussion it was easy to lose where a comment was made.

I didn't care for the alternating gold/white/gold/white color layout. My wife automatically knew I was on another sports site...not that she can do anything about it, but this one is more neutral.

That is easily the worst part about the new ESPN site. Click on the score to get to the box score and they launch the damn gamecast!

Well said. New ESPN site is awful. Clicking on scores or even trying to read the Big 10 football blog. It is terrible now to scroll from one article to the next full of ads. Liked the old format but this one but not like this one is an awful transition like what ESPN did to their site.

Reactions: IronFist1776
Works better for mobile users. Best of all, a mobile user doesn't get kicked out to the main forum page after posting.
Well pooie to you mobile users. Get a real computer like the rest of us.

Seriously though, mobile users are a big factor in forums upgrading their software and by all accounts XenForo is one of the best out there.

If you want some entertainment, go to Peegs. Thread view apparently is not available any more (mobile users hated it) and the lads are seriously upset.

Reactions: NorthCentralHawk
My only gripe is no more drop down menu to float between the FB and BB boards. At least none that I can see.

I can't wait to see what one of my novels looks like in this format. But it gave me a weird writer's bock that I have to work through first.

Testing edit function: I notice a big "report" button on each post. Just a note to my "friends", I love you all and will be better behaved. :^) I promise.

My only gripe is no more drop down menu to float between the FB and BB boards. At least none that I can see.
I found it! At the top of the page on the right hand side, right above your name and post count there's a little squiggly thing that looks like a ball with three balls dangling down from it. Click that.

Why fix something not broke? I thought the old site laid out pretty well. Internet sites constantly change I think because they feel the need to keep interest. I've always liked HR the best but will likely look around more now at the other sites.

Well, internet sites do change, but we have been operating on the old system for more than a decade. It was out of date and this new platform functions better for desktop and mobile users and it has a lot of new options, particularly in terms of embedding media files to posts.

I know some folks don't like change. I'm pretty much that way too, but this upgrade had to happen for the long term health of the network from a message board standpoint. Most sites today use a message board format very similar to this one, so I don't think you are going to find an Iowa site out there that has a decade old technology.

Give this some time. I think once you get used to it, you will like the changes.

All I know my phone used to work great on this site but the last couple of months it seemed to get really really slow. So far this new deal seems to be working like it used to.

Thought it was fine before. Liked on my phone better the old way. The tablet seems about the same. It would be a push anyhow...

Well, internet sites do change, but we have been operating on the old system for more than a decade. It was out of date and this new platform functions better for desktop and mobile users and it has a lot of new options, particularly in terms of embedding media files to posts.

I know some folks don't like change. I'm pretty much that way too, but this upgrade had to happen for the long term health of the network from a message board standpoint. Most sites today use a message board format very similar to this one, so I don't think you are going to find an Iowa site out there that has a decade old technology.

Give this some time. I think once you get used to it, you will like the changes.

This comes across as change for the sake of change- even if you used the old format for ten years which really doesn't matter. In the technology realm things do change but you can tweak things without ripping up a user friendly format like that. This doesn't seem user friendly nor visually appealing- looked at the Nebraska board and thought the same thing.

It'll take some time to get used to. But--please, darken some of that very dim, faint, murky writing!

It'll take some time to get used to. But--please, darken some of that very dim, faint, murky writing!

For some reason you have to click on it for that dark writing to show up right. Had trouble posting which sort of fits in with finding this new format a bit awkward. This went Rivals wide and we have no choice but to get used to it. They made their choice and you can't get around some readers finding it unappealing.

I'll have to warm up to the visual layout. I do like some of the new functions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT