ADVERTISEMENT

As usual, looks like the Democratic party has to be the adult in the room...

The Republican Party is an embarrassment. I need a new party. The Democrats do not like my positions on several key items, so I guess I’ll have to find another one.

It won't be a month but you are right, and they would be within their rights to do so. $60b is better than 10,000 troops.is better than $60,000,000,000.
Giving $0.00 is better than giving $60,000,000,000.

Sending no soldiers is better than sending 10,000.

Plus, we can handle both those numbers no sweat.

Reactions: KFsdisciple

Yeah, f**k NATO and our treaty obligations. You might want to brush up on your history and what happens when other countries just let expansionist warlord dictators invade whatever countries they want without putting up any resistance.

The Republican Party is an embarrassment. I need a new party. The Democrats do not like my positions on several key items, so I guess I’ll have to find another one.
The House has always had nuts....because a country as large and diverse as we have, a nut is going to win a regional election. The problem is that Kevin, in his quest for power, give up too much power to the crazies that want to burn the entire thing down

I have read the constitution forwards and backwards and I can't find the word NATO in there anywhere...Don't see Ukraine or Russia in there either. It's like we don't have a responsibility to them as US Citizens at all...

I have read the constitution forwards and backwards and I can't find the word NATO in there anywhere...Don't see Ukraine or Russia in there either. It's like we don't have a responsibility to them as US Citizens at all...
This look familiar? :rolleyes:

Yet, anyone who doubted the wisdom of the administration's militaristic policy was targeted for venomous smears. According to Truman, Republicans who opposed his universal crusade were "Kremlin assets," the sort of traitors who would shoot "our soldiers in the back in a hot war," a good example of Truman's acclaimed "plain speaking."34 ,35 Averell Harriman charged that Taft was simply helping Stalin carry out his aims. TheNew York Times and the rest of the establishment press echoed the slanders. Amusingly, Republican critics of the war hysteria were labeled pro-Soviet even by journals like the New Republic and theNation, which had functioned as apologists for Stalin's terror regime for years.36

Truman's campaign could not have succeeded without the enthusiastic cooperation of the American media. Led by the Times, the Herald Tribune, and Henry Luce's magazines, the press acted as volunteer propagandists for the interventionist agenda, with all its calculated deceptions. (The principal exceptions were the Chicago Tribune and the Washington Times-Herald, in the days of Colonel McCormick and Cissy Paterson.)37 In time, such subservience in foreign affairs became routine for the "fourth estate," culminating during and after the 1999 Yugoslav war in reporting by the press corps that was as biased as the Serbian Ministry of Information.

Overwhelmed by the propaganda blitz from the administration and the press, a Republican majority in Congress heeded the secretary of state's high-minded call to keep foreign policy "above politics" and voted full funding for the Marshall Plan.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Yeah, f**k NATO and our treaty obligations. You might want to brush up on your history and what happens when other countries just let expansionist warlord dictators invade whatever countries they want without putting up any resistance.
The R’s have gone all isolationist which is about the worst thing to embrace at this time in history. The vacuum left behind would be perilous imo. The ramifications are completely lost to them.

The R’s have gone all isolationist which is about the worst thing to embrace at this time in history. The vacuum left behind would be perilous imo. The ramifications are completely lost to them.
Time for the parrots to start squawking “Isolationism!”

Every mainstream school curriculum and state narrative regarding American history includes a common story between the years 1919 and 1941, and it is the myth of American isolation. Americans, as they say, foolishly forgot that they too were part of the world and so left themselves and their allies vulnerable as totalitarianism swept across Europe and Asia. The conclusion that is being pushed with this fictitious tale is shockingly unsubtle. America—reasons the state and mainstream curriculum—has a moral duty to police the world’s nations, intervening at the sight of any potential geopolitical threat to itself and its allies. While there are some who genuinely believe this conclusion, there must be deeper reasons for why this lie gets pushed. After all, factual reality shows that the United States has never been isolated in its history.

The Lie Justified the Empire

The isolationist myth is either skillfully crafted or it developed to the point that it satisfied the state’s every need when justifying foreign intervention and the inevitable curtailment of its population’s liberties. One of the most foundational examples is the creation of historical legitimacy for the American empire. Like all empires, the American empire is backed by force because it is artificial. That is, its subjects did not want to be part of the empire. Otherwise, it would have emerged naturally. The pervasive use of force combined with the massive scale of the empire necessitates legitimacy. Unlike other empires, though, the American empire’s rise was abrupt and saw its hegemony established in only a handful of wars, which is dissimilar to the typical establishment of an empire through dozens or even hundreds of wars over centuries. America’s acquisition of Spanish colonies in 1898 serves as an explicit, if not late, beginning of the American empire. With the founding of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, 1949 marks the formalization of the American empire, as America was now directly responsible for policing and influencing the world far beyond the home continent.

Time for the parrots to start squawking “Isolationism!”

Every mainstream school curriculum and state narrative regarding American history includes a common story between the years 1919 and 1941, and it is the myth of American isolation. Americans, as they say, foolishly forgot that they too were part of the world and so left themselves and their allies vulnerable as totalitarianism swept across Europe and Asia. The conclusion that is being pushed with this fictitious tale is shockingly unsubtle. America—reasons the state and mainstream curriculum—has a moral duty to police the world’s nations, intervening at the sight of any potential geopolitical threat to itself and its allies. While there are some who genuinely believe this conclusion, there must be deeper reasons for why this lie gets pushed. After all, factual reality shows that the United States has never been isolated in its history.

The Lie Justified the Empire

The isolationist myth is either skillfully crafted or it developed to the point that it satisfied the state’s every need when justifying foreign intervention and the inevitable curtailment of its population’s liberties. One of the most foundational examples is the creation of historical legitimacy for the American empire. Like all empires, the American empire is backed by force because it is artificial. That is, its subjects did not want to be part of the empire. Otherwise, it would have emerged naturally. The pervasive use of force combined with the massive scale of the empire necessitates legitimacy. Unlike other empires, though, the American empire’s rise was abrupt and saw its hegemony established in only a handful of wars, which is dissimilar to the typical establishment of an empire through dozens or even hundreds of wars over centuries. America’s acquisition of Spanish colonies in 1898 serves as an explicit, if not late, beginning of the American empire. With the founding of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, 1949 marks the formalization of the American empire, as America was now directly responsible for policing and influencing the world far beyond the home continent.

I never mentioned the past, nor do I care about it. Referring to what I believe is the tenor of the party today. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Your mom’s a parrot.

Reactions: wausauhawk
I never mentioned the past, nor do I care about it. Referring to what I believe is the tenor of the party today. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Your mom’s a parrot.
You couldn’t mention the past because there is no past where we were isolationist.

As far as the present is concerned don’t judge the RepubliCons by what they say on the campaign trail, judge them by their deeds. They’re interventionists and profiteers right to the core; from Trump to McConnell to that backstabbing, traitorous little b!tch Mike Johnson.

The UniParty stands united.

Putin thanks you for your support, Vladamir.

Reactions: HawkMD
Well…if it’s a “NATO” thing, why are we giving more money that every other country in NATO combined? How about an even split? You know…NATO obligations of these other countries and whatnot.

Well…if it’s a “NATO” thing, why are we giving more money that every other country in NATO combined? How about an even split? You know…NATO obligations of these other countries and whatnot.
Because the 2014 ratification obligated a percentage of the member’s GDP. You would not expect Luxembourg to contribute as much as the US. Especially considering we are the driving policy force for deploying NATO forces.

Our economy is a shitton bigger and we are better at it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT