ADVERTISEMENT

Ayala

Most of the time I'm quietly agreeing with you. Especially when it's about one of our guys not taking a shot for a whole period.
For the sake of clarity, my problem were your posts regarding WIlson and Siebrecht only going because of mind games by the coaches. There were legit reasons. I want to see Ayala and Kemdawg as bad as anyone. I want to see every one of our guys attack like DeSanto, Kemdawg, Bull, and now I will say Henson, Ayala, and Schiever have the highest attack rate I have seen from any of our guys in years. Most of all I'm just as frustrated as everyone else that we haven't been able to see Spencer and the full team we expected to dominate the whole season. Even with a depleted team I can't wait to be in Carver tonight. My cousin and his son are flying in from N Carolina. They are bummed about Spencer but are still stoked to be in Carver. What else better to do in below zero weather.
Nunion, but you be beating that one horse example past deaths…

Did you get this information from a guy walking around with a Hawkeye wrestling shirt?The cesspool wants to know.
Cmon, no self respecting Gopher fan would ever listen to rumors from a guy in Hawkeye wrestling shirt!

I may be a gopher fan, but if I’m here I must not be very self respecting 😎

Because I know why they didn't wrestle and he doesn't. His reasoning is mind games by the coaches and some on here eat it up. I was trying to help those of you that think he knew something but you can lead a horse to water....

23sofar I get being pissed about not seeing our full lineup. This season has sucked so far for all of us. I also understand the frustration about the lack of information. Fans want to know because they care. I don't agree with those that won't watch the team that's put out on the mat if they don't have those answers, but respect your right to feel that way. I'm not a better fan because I'm going to Carver regardless of the line up. I just have a different perspective. The program is lucky to have such a passionate fan base. I just got sick of a certain guy who I used to respect regurgitating the same garbage. I tried bringing it up on the IC forum but he must not be a member there any more.
Because I know why they didn't wrestle and he doesn't. His reasoning is mind games by the coaches and some on here eat it up. I was trying to help those of you that think he knew something but you can lead a horse to water....

23sofar I get being pissed about not seeing our full lineup. This season has sucked so far for all of us. I also understand the frustration about the lack of information. Fans want to know because they care. I don't agree with those that won't watch the team that's put out on the mat if they don't have those answers, but respect your right to feel that way. I'm not a better fan because I'm going to Carver regardless of the line up. I just have a different perspective. The program is lucky to have such a passionate fan base. I just got sick of a certain guy who I used to respect regurgitating the same garbage. I tried bringing it up on the IC forum but he must not be a member there any more.
ok, you are Tom’s buddy and you know. Great but don’t come on here spouting your inside knowledge when you know you can’t use it. Why? Because Tom would react! Why? Because he’s Tom Brands and in his mind he doesn’t owe the Hawkeye fans anything….in his world there is only one way to think and view things…his way, No one on here will admit it but the majority of the negative recruiting that’s out there is due to Tom’s inflexibility and refusal to allow for any opinion but his own. Tom should have learned more from Mr Gable.

I can assure you all that there are a whole lot of people that agree with Tarp and 23 on this issue and I’m one of them. I have been a season ticket holder for over twenty years and been to more Nationals, World Team and Olympic Trials than I can count but sadly I told my oldest son that I’m done after this year. I don’t need to know everything that’s going on as it pertains to injury but they could have said at the beginning of the year that Kem is not starting the season until after the new year. I went to the Princeton dual and at ISU and in both cases left feeling not very good about this coaching staff. Spencer is my all time favorite Hawk and is the only reason I bought tickets this year. I realize they don’t owe me anything but I don’t owe them anything either. Super excited about the young guys we have and the recruits coming but I will be saving my money and watching what I can from home. I know I’m going to get hammered by some of you and that’s fine but this is very sad for me because I’ve always thought my oldest son and I would have this passion forever and be planning trips around Hawkeye wrestling till I could no longer do it.
45 years following Hawkeye wrestling and also done as of last year. understand how you feel…..coaches do owe the university and it’s fans. not necessarily information that might effect an outcome but they need to forgo the arrogance of not caring.

45 years following Hawkeye wrestling and also done as of last year. understand how you feel…..coaches do owe the university and it’s fans. not necessarily information that might effect an outcome but they need to forgo the arrogance of not caring.
Getting old’s a bitch….

Fair enough. If I lived in the Quad Cities I'd make the trek and deal with it (and still not be elated about it mind you). Fans come from everywhere, they need to be more mindful of that, IMO.

Fair enough. If I lived in the Quad Cities I'd make the trek and deal with it (and still not be elated about it mind you). Fans come from everywhere, they need to be more mindful of that, IMO.
J.H.Cristo…. Quad cities? Pretty high aspirations you’re setting….

Reactions: TarpHawk
This has to be one of the strangest posts. You are done following Hawkeye wrestling but yet you are still here reading and posting on a Hawkeye wrestling forum. Make it make sense!

Sure, I could move to Oregon............if I have head trauma I'll consider it, but only then. (The Quad Cities is a reference place I know is an hour away, I live 6 hours away. Comprende?).
Comprehension?? Lmao!.

The general mindset of TnT in the 80s-90s was to slaughter anybody on their path to world wrestling domination..

What about that would lead someone to today think they would be holding out healthy guys or be playing mind games?

I respect Tarp and everything he went through to achieve his goals, loved his blog, dude was a warrior. But he's been out of touch with the room for a LONG time and I think his word gets credited as fact more than it should.
Keep looking at the room. We’ll keep watching the final product for the bottom line.

I think Drake wins comfortably against Schroeder on Sunday.
He better not end up on bottom. Even though Spencer has always won handily, Schroeder is a guy who has at least been somewhat competitive getting a couple TDs and making him work a little.

Reactions: OldestandGreatest
I don’t think strength was an issue last night. Both of McKee’s takedowns came when Ayala got out of position and he didn’t react quickly enough .

Reactions: Trapper85
He is still young wrestling grown men. His ability to get out from bottom last night was real progress. Onward and upward for Drake.
This and the last time out vs McKee Ayala got countered for the losing takedown. He was in a similar position last night and made the adjustment. Love what I’m seeing from Ayala. He’s gonna pull it all together.

I don’t think strength was an issue last night. Both of McKee’s takedowns came when Ayala got out of position and he didn’t react quickly enough .
It was in couple other potential scoring situations where McKee just buries him with that chest wrap. Drake needs to attack the other leg of McKee. McKee seems to have figured the sweep single out IF Drake can’t finish it on his feet. Which is one of the most unique and technical things about Drake is that sort unconventional finish he uses in that super slick sweep single. Keeps his head inside and kinda shelves the leg right away to take any and all balance away from his opponents without going to his knees. I do think Drake will get stronger and physically mature which is very scary to think about if you’re the rest of the field.

Drake is amazing in that, even in his losses, you come away extremely impressed and even more encouraged each time out. Very special young man that is sure to become a Hawkeye legend.

It was in couple other potential scoring situations where McKee just buries him with that chest wrap. Drake needs to attack the other leg of McKee. McKee seems to have figured the sweep single out IF Drake can’t finish it on his feet. Which is one of the most unique and technical things about Drake is that sort unconventional finish he uses in that super slick sweep single. Keeps his head inside and kinda shelves the leg right away to take any and all balance away from his opponents without going to his knees. I do think Drake will get stronger and physically mature which is very scary to think about if you’re the rest of the field.

Drake is amazing in that, even in his losses, you come away extremely impressed and even more encouraged each time out. Very special young man that is sure to become a Hawkeye legend.

Even some of our best guys have gassed in their first match in Carver (Sorensen, Kemerer). Drake took a legit loss last night but he is as cool as the other side of the pillow.

Even some of our best guys have gassed in their first match in Carver (Sorensen, Kemerer). Drake took a legit loss last night but he is as cool as the other side of the pillow.
When he escaped right away in the 3rd, I was so sure he was gonna come back and pull out the win. McKee did a nice job handling the crowd and shutting him down. In the KXIC interview after the match, Tom mentioned that Drake was maybe too focused on getting the slide by and not enough on attacking the legs. It's gonna be a fun ride the rest of the season watching him get better with each match....

Ayala sure checks the boxes off. I'm more impressed with him and his potential with each match. He has a great measuring stick Sunday, but his best wrestling is still to come. He and Assad are huge for our post season chances.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT