ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Session 1 PBP / Comments

OK -- back on. Does anyone want this PBP, or do folks just want to follow somewhere else?

Sorenson was leading 8-0 and won by injury default. Counts like a pin for the Hawks.

I love the pbp if you can keep it going. I know how labor intensive it can be.

It's greatly appreciated WDM and Vall.

I would prefer to stay here, I am not expecting perfection, it is not like we are in the finals. Thanks for posting.

OK. Waiting for Kelly on Mat 2. On deck. I can take it for now, but others are welcome to chime in.

Originally posted by rainydayhawk:
At what point did Short get hurt? How did it go down?
Sounds like he tried a roll, leg got caught by Sorenson who hurt him on the TD to his back. Short tried but could put no weight on leg.

+10000 on the serious props for you who take the time and effort to do pbp!

157: Kelly (K) vs. Mascola (M)

1st Period:

Kelly right into a left underhook. M promptly throws him to his back for a 5-point move. Great way to start the tournament -- with a total brain fart. 5-0, M.

M in spiral ride. Kelly to his feet and out. 5-1.

Kelly with half shot.

Collar ties for both guys.

M with half shot.

K pushing and pulling. No shooting.

Tying up in the center.

K with right underhook. No double unders. On the edge. M backs out. OOB.

:30 left.

K gets M in front headlock. Tries to whip him over. Almost gets dumped on his side. OOB.

End of 1st. 5-1, M leads.

No matter what happened during the season, never forget: he's still Mike Kelly. As long as you expect that, you can't be surprised.

2nd Period:

K starts up.

M scoots hips out and reverses him. 7-1.

Kelly escapes fast. 7-2.

Tying up. K shots a low single on the edge. Tries to pull him back. M dives over the top. K still working it. Gets the takedown. 8-4.

Not sure how it got to 8-4, but it's 8-4.

K riding tough. Has :15 of RT. OOB.

:19 left.

K in spiral ride. Rides him out.

End of 2nd. 8-4. Kelly has :34 of RT.

3rd Period:

K starts down. Quick escape in about :15. 8-5.

K shoots a single. Wizard in. Finishes. 8-7.

1:23 left.

K cuts him. 9-7.

K shoots. M with wizard and squares up.

K shoots. M with wizard. K limp-arms out for the takedown. 9-9.

K has :40 of RT.

:37 left.

K has him flat on the edge. Approaching 1:00 of RT. Gets it! Stalling on M.

:15 left.

M kicks out and escapes with :05 left. Regulation ends, 10-10.

To OT.

OT: SV

Several shots by both guys. No points.

M shoots low single and almost gets TD but no points.

End of SV. 10-10.

Ride-outs:

K on top first. Hooks the ankle. Flattens him out. Rides him out.

M now on top. COME ON, HONEY BADGER!

M cuts him. 11-10, K.

M shoots several times. K sprawls. K has him in front headlock. Time runs out.

K wins! 11-10.

West Des Moines I am sitting in the parking lot waiting for dance to get over you got this for another hour and the other problem is every time I go to voice on my phone I pick up Bluetooth and lose Ironside on the radio. We have one state of the art car and I am not used to it. I usually drive a 93 Camry

Kelly with a STUPID push off the mat at the end. After a brain fart gifting an easy escape to go to OT. Kelly has more heart than brains, for sure.

Originally posted by rivalhawks:
PSU Wrestling Club has up to date resultes on their site which is nice to follow if anyone cares....Link Below
Why use this instead of Track? What's the point?

Originally posted by The Vak:
No matter what happened during the season, never forget: he's still Mike Kelly. As long as you expect that, you can't be surprised.
Care to go back on your comments asshat?

Originally posted by SPOONER:

Originally posted by rivalhawks:
PSU Wrestling Club has up to date resultes on their site which is nice to follow if anyone cares....Link Below
Why use this instead of Track? What's the point?
More detailed scoring, and it updates as soon as the match is done. Both work very well.

Ironside was pretty upset about the penality point the Kelly gave up early. then in the second. He started to say Mike can start trying to go feet to the back because I think Kelly was down like 7 to 1. as the comeback mounted as you many of you can imagine Ironsude I kept getting more more excited (as well as one dad sitting in a dance parking lot). Ironside couldn't believe it when Kelly gave up the escape with under five seconds in the third period to tied up. Grace did his "come on stud win this on your feet". Kelly almost gave up a leg takedown in the first overtime but then was able to whizzard out get the release and win. after he won he gave a little bit of a shove on the edge at the end. Ironside went from being really excited with kelly to being very unhappy with his behavior. the coaches have gotten a lot of warnings about unsportsmanlike and they're not afraid to call it here. cooler head must prevail

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT