ADVERTISEMENT

bettendorf...

BlueHawk23

HR All-State
Mar 21, 2005
...my buddy's kid goes to school there and rumors are they will soon be looking for a new coach. skillet did a good job but the once the new guy got his own program they fell to 8-16. anyone think skillet would be willing to take the program back and make it respectable again?

..the head coach at Bettendorf happens to be my nephew..so who is your buddy? you mention last years record...but do not the previous 2 years... I know in 2013 Coach Clark's team was 25-1 state runnerup..2014 another state team finished something like 23-2..3 losses in 2 years.

that's not respectable?

Chances are I will see Curt tonite...I'll ask him for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: eddie4star
Ummmmmm....didn't the "new guy" take them to a state championship game appearance just 2 years ago, with an undefeated season up until the final?

Last edited:
Agree. Bettendorf is a top program, and will be very tough with their new/recent transfers. Don't agree at all with "back to respectability."

as I suspected... OP doesn't have a clue what he is talking about. Neither does his buddy nor his buddy's kid.

didn't see Curt last night because he has been busy doing BB camp..but spoke with his Dad (my brother-in-law)....in short...he wasn't surprised some disgruntled parent & or kid would start false rumors...its part of being a high school head coach.

New guy isn't quite accurate...3 years as head coach and several years prior as Bett soph coach doesn't quite fit "the new guy".

Obviously I've followed the nephew enough to know he runs a good program....Twitter Coach Clark @BettBball.

He knew last year was going to be tough..because they lost a great senior class...which included Nick Baer & the Jacks kid....2016 should be a lot better with returning players & some additions coming from the freshman class of last year.

Reactions: LaoHawk
as I suspected... OP doesn't have a clue what he is talking about. Neither does his buddy nor his buddy's kid.

didn't see Curt last night because he has been busy doing BB camp..but spoke with his Dad (my brother-in-law)....in short...he wasn't surprised some disgruntled parent & or kid would start false rumors...its part of being a high school head coach.

New guy isn't quite accurate...3 years as head coach and several years prior as Bett soph coach doesn't quite fit "the new guy".

Obviously I've followed the nephew enough to know he runs a good program....Twitter Coach Clark @BettBball.

He knew last year was going to be tough..because they lost a great senior class...which included Nick Baer & the Jacks kid....2016 should be a lot better with returning players & some additions coming from the freshman class of last year.

Nice to have such an unbiased opinion from people on this board!

If they would get rid of him it would be A HUGE mistake. The guy can coach and just cause last year was a down year (hell the MAC had 4 loaded teams last year). NS had 2 Div 1 recruits, Clinton had the Ernst kid, PV who was State Runner up, and Assumption who was loaded with 5 seniors.

It was tough year for them, they lost a lot from the year before. He knows what he is doing and will have Bettendorf back near the top. The battle between them and PV this year for the MAC should be a good one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT