ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Championship Tickets

Steamboat529529

HR All-American
May 27, 2021
Has the University of Iowa sent anything out about tickets yet to season ticket holders about Indy? Like a reservation email or anything?

I’m guessing Iowa interest/attendance will be pretty low compared to the recent past.
Probably, but I could picture a lot of people making the trip because who knows how long it will be before we go back. It’s going to go from a reasonable goal for every season to a special thing that happens about as often as Rose Bowl trips.

Probably, but I could picture a lot of people making the trip because who knows how long it will be before we go back. It’s going to go from a reasonable goal for every season to a special thing that happens about as often as Rose Bowl trips.

I'm considering it because I don't know if we will ever get there again.

Kind of where I am at. I went in 2015 and 21. Nothing will ever compare to 2015. I have my rooms booked. If Iowa wins both games I will go. 1-1 and I might stay home. Not real concerned about tickets. Guys only trip last two appearances. Would like my wife to experience it this time.

Last edited:
I received an email 6-Oct. Deadline has passed sadly...

Ticket requests will be accepted and seated based on current Iowa Football Priority Point Totals. Participating teams are allotted 10,000 tickets -- 7,500 general and 2,500 for students and band. To fill as many requests as possible from our allotment, the following limits are in place based on current I-Club membership levels:

6 tickets -- Kinnick Society Gold & Kinnick Society
4 tickets -- Champion Hawk & Golden Hawk
2 tickets -- All other I-Club members & current season ticket holders

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

Why would you spent the $$….

Why?
Do you want a real answer? Here goes:

Indianapolis is a great set-up for both the football and basketball events, stadium, restaurants, bars, hotels in easy walking distance.

The tailgating is good in the surrounding lots, and if weather is too bad, again there are good indoor options.

The people who go are fun to be with, and it is a celebration of college football. Even if your team is unlikely to win, the entire lead up to the game is fun, with your team's and the other team's fans.

The actual game is put on very professionally in a nice stadium. So, everything except possibly your team's performance lends itself to having fun.

So, the simple answer to your question, you spend the $$ to have fun. You will have more fun if your team plays well and wins, but if a person has no fun because they didn't, I would suggest that is a personal problem.

Ticket requests will be accepted and seated based on current Iowa Football Priority Point Totals. Participating teams are allotted 10,000 tickets -- 7,500 general and 2,500 for students and band. To fill as many requests as possible from our allotment, the following limits are in place based on current I-Club membership levels:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
Thank you.

Reactions: bigmac314a

Indianapolis is a great set-up for both the football and basketball events, stadium, restaurants, bars, hotels in easy walking distance.

The tailgating is good in the surrounding lots, and if weather is too bad, again there are good indoor options.

The people who go are fun to be with, and it is a celebration of college football. Even if your team is unlikely to win, the entire lead up to the game is fun, with your team's and the other team's fans.

The actual game is put on very professionally in a nice stadium. So, everything except possibly your team's performance lends itself to having fun.

So, the simple answer to your question, you spend the $$ to have fun. You will have more fun if your team plays well and wins, but if a person has no fun because they didn't, I would suggest that is a personal problem.
You have little to no entertainment imagination if you can't think of a better way to spend a couple grand than going to Indianapolis, Indiana in December--or any other month for that matter, to watch Flubber Ferentz go 0-3 in B1G championship games in very embarrassing fashion.

Indianapolis is a pretty cool city.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
Deadline extended to 11/17

• Wow
Reactions: bigmac314a
Like last year?! 🤣
Last year was different. Kirk didn't want his team to win and go get their asses handed to them a second year in a row.

This year he gives fewer f***s.

Btw, will you go away after we beat your team on Black Friday, or will you post more under your alt handles, for a while?..................

Reactions: nelly02
You have little to no entertainment imagination if you can't think of a better way to spend a couple grand than going to Indianapolis, Indiana in December--or any other month for that matter, to watch Flubber Ferentz go 0-3 in B1G championship games in very embarrassing fashion.
Dude, jerking it in the back parking lot of your local strip club isn't "entertainment". What it is is "creepy".

Last year was different. Kirk didn't want his team to win and go get their asses handed to them a second year in a row.

This year he gives fewer f***s.

Btw, will you go away after we beat your team on Black Friday, or will you post more under your alt handles, for a while?..................
You're pretty stupid....based on both of those takes.

Yeah, not at all interested if I know the main event will be embarrassing.

But hey, give Indy those hard-earned stacks of cheddar, bruh. Maybe a miracle will happen inside the dome.

I will be there and will have an absolute blast with thousands of other Hawkeye fans....and we will all be glad that you're not there.

Can't wait to hear what your plans are for that weekend with your amazing entertainment imagination to make us all jealous.

Actually 2015 was one of the most fun sports events I’ve been to, win or lose. I was not there in 2021.
Totally agree......that 2015 game was a blast all the way around. Hawk fans were excited to be there & expecting to compete for a title. Even though we lost, we played very well & showed we belonged.

This time around, there won't be the same energy either before or during the game knowing with 95% certainty we can't compete with whoever wins the East. While it sucks we likely won't be there again anytime soon, I'd rather enjoy the start of the game with friends & then mostly ignore it if we're getting blasted like the last BT title game or Rose Bowl.

I think you might be surprised. Iowa fans went in droves to see Iowa/Northwestern....and who knows when we may be back to a BTC game. Myself I am hoping for OSU to beat Michigan.
Exactly. As boring as Iowa football is, fans continue to show.

The tickets will be sold.

Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
I will be there and will have an absolute blast with thousands of other Hawkeye fans....and we will all be glad that you're not there.

Can't wait to hear what your plans are for that weekend with your amazing entertainment imagination to make us all jealous.
Same as most weekends when the pheasant season is open; roaming the prairies with my GSP, Small Fry.

I'm not going...BUT, I can understand the appeal. Especially this year - go into the game with zero expectations. Maybe a miracle happens and the Hawks make it a game, which would make it an absolute blast! When the inevitable happens and we are losing by four TD's at the half, just laugh and have another beer. Win win.

I agree with this wholeheartedly

The last two times I went, I went with friends and had a great time. This year I would bring my son (9)- I would love to experience a big ten championship game with him even if iowa doesn’t win.

I have hotels booked for free with Hyatt points and can drive to Indianapolis so the cost is doable.

Who knows how long it’ll be before iowa goes back to the big ten championship, and however unlike it is that they’ll win, it would be fun either way.

I would be spending the money for the experience, the memories and the fun.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT