ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Championship Tickets

I agree with this wholeheartedly

The last two times I went, I went with friends and had a great time. This year I would bring my son (9)- I would love to experience a big ten championship game with him even if iowa doesn’t win.

I have hotels booked for free with Hyatt points and can drive to Indianapolis so the cost is doable.

Who knows how long it’ll be before iowa goes back to the big ten championship, and however unlike it is that they’ll win, it would be fun either way.

I would be spending the money for the experience, the memories and the fun.
And one last game with Coop and Higgins in Iowa uniforms.

I think you might be surprised. Iowa fans went in droves to see Iowa/Northwestern....and who knows when we may be back to a BTC game. Myself I am hoping for OSU to beat Michigan.
Maybe, but most bought the wrigley tickets back when we still had hope for an offense.

The extension of the champ ticket purchasing deadline seems to be a data point in my favor.

You're pretty stupid....based on both of those takes.
forrest-gump-stupid.gif

It all comes down to personal finances and perceived entertainment value. I’m only 52, but am a grouchy old curmudgeon beyond my years who’s grown to hate crowds, so the thought of sitting with 65,000 other people no longer appeals to me. I’d rather spend my money and time on a Canadian fishing trip, but certainly wouldn’t criticize anyone who chooses to go cheer the Hawks in Indy. I will say the odds of me finally catching a 45” pike or 50” muskie are probably better than Iowa beating Michigan or Ohio State.

I received an email 6-Oct. Deadline has passed sadly...

Ticket requests will be accepted and seated based on current Iowa Football Priority Point Totals. Participating teams are allotted 10,000 tickets -- 7,500 general and 2,500 for students and band. To fill as many requests as possible from our allotment, the following limits are in place based on current I-Club membership levels:

6 tickets -- Kinnick Society Gold & Kinnick Society
4 tickets -- Champion Hawk & Golden Hawk
2 tickets -- All other I-Club members & current season ticket holders

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
Yeah but I bet they open it back up. I doubt there qa much response. I sure passed them up.

Actually 2015 was one of the most fun sports events I’ve been to, win or lose. I was not there in 2021.
That game ending run the same play 28 times for 14 minutes Sparty drive was real fun🙄 We get KF is afraid of giving up big plays and getting drubbed but that was ridiculous.

• Haha
Reactions: GolfHacker1
Actually 2015 was one of the most fun sports events I’ve been to, win or lose. I was not there in 2021.
I agree. Hands down the best sporting performance I’ve been to in person as either a fan or athlete. We were essentially playing for a shot at a national championship in that game as well. The team left it all out there on the field and I’d never been more proud to be an Iowa fan than after that game. The women’s basketball team’s run in the tourney is now right up there with proudest fan moments for me too.

Do you want a real answer? Here goes:

Indianapolis is a great set-up for both the football and basketball events, stadium, restaurants, bars, hotels in easy walking distance.

The tailgating is good in the surrounding lots, and if weather is too bad, again there are good indoor options.

The people who go are fun to be with, and it is a celebration of college football. Even if your team is unlikely to win, the entire lead up to the game is fun, with your team's and the other team's fans.

The actual game is put on very professionally in a nice stadium. So, everything except possibly your team's performance lends itself to having fun.

So, the simple answer to your question, you spend the $$ to have fun. You will have more fun if your team plays well and wins, but if a person has no fun because they didn't, I would suggest that is a personal problem.
Agree! Had a great time in Indy for the 2015 matchup with Sparty!

Reactions: BettDogs7
Nice dodge and you're wrong on both assertions.
You know Chad Greenway won't be going to the BTCG? Who knew he confided in random message board dudes.

And LOL that you equate hunting to being in good physical shape and having some measure of "manhood." LOL

It all comes down to personal finances and perceived entertainment value. I’m only 52, but am a grouchy old curmudgeon beyond my years who’s grown to hate crowds, so the thought of sitting with 65,000 other people no longer appeals to me. I’d rather spend my money and time on a Canadian fishing trip, but certainly wouldn’t criticize anyone who chooses to go cheer the Hawks in Indy. I will say the odds of me finally catching a 45” pike or 50” muskie are probably better than Iowa beating Michigan or Ohio State.
I've caught a 46 inch Pike and went to the championship game in '15. The game was more fun...

"Ridiculous" was the ignored false start and then the multiple holds on the final TD by MSU.
Sitting right next to each other in the old bean for me is the goal line MSU hold on The Outlaw and this year's CDJ screw job. MF'n lineman tackles Jewell right as Jewell is starting to tackle Scott. Never seen anything like it before or since.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT