ADVERTISEMENT

Bitter Old Man Ferentz

No one knows this.
These posts at one or two in the morning keep getting better and better. I wish we had a forum to place them all in like something ala “Message Board Geniuses.”

I love Iowa football and am very disgruntled about the Iowa offense. God help me if it ever affects me to the point I’m up at the wee hours of the morning spewing vitriolic nonsense.

I wish he would just retire already! Everyone knows he’s taking his sweet a$$ time with this hire because he’s still bitter that someone fired his incompetent son. Good riddance. Nepotism ruined his reputation and legacy.
You seem pretty bitter yourself obsessing over him when you have no control over him.
Or are you just trolling for likes from so many other bitter posters?

These posts at one or two in the morning keep getting better and better. I wish we had a forum to place them all in like something ala “Message Board Geniuses.”

I love Iowa football and am very disgruntled about the Iowa offense. God help me if it ever affects me to the point I’m up at the wee hours of the morning spewing vitriolic nonsense.
Need a Miller Lite real men of genius…..”Here’s to you Mr Keyboard warrior on message boards telling us your professional opinion on how things should be done, that means absolutely nothing!”

whoa, he’s going to wait until March when all the other coaching vacancies are filled

that way someone will have to take the job

Think About It GIF by Identity

I wish he would just retire already! Everyone knows he’s taking his sweet a$$ time with this hire because he’s still bitter that someone fired his incompetent son. Good riddance. Nepotism ruined his reputation and legacy.
Taking your time can lead to more coaches becoming available. But it can also lead to the availability pool getting smaller so no best way to do it.

I just get the feeling that Kirk still doesnt want to get out of his comfort zone with his offense. So many really good younger OCs want to be wide open which is not Kirk. So he is looking at a smaller candidate pool.

At this point if Chryst doesnt want it (he wants to head coach) I sort of hope it is a Philbin or older guy who knows the pro style that Kirk wants. Some coach who can get us thru the next 5 years with Kirk with some better results.

Reactions: Buffhawk
Count me as one who isn't fretting about when the hire is made.
Same. I'm going to wait to see who the hire is. If KF waits until the end of the month, and then simply promotes Budmayr to OC or something lame like that, then I'll grab a pitchfork.

I'm anxious for some news also, but I'm only concerned about KF getting this right.

Taking your time can lead to more coaches becoming available. But it can also lead to the availability pool getting smaller so no best way to do it.

I just get the feeling that Kirk still doesnt want to get out of his comfort zone with his offense. So many really good younger OCs want to be wide open which is not Kirk. So he is looking at a smaller candidate pool.

At this point if Chryst doesnt want it (he wants to head coach) I sort of hope it is a Philbin or older guy who knows the pro style that Kirk wants. Some coach who can get us thru the next 5 years with Kirk with some better results.
I agree with a smaller candidate pool and if he had 5-6 guys in mind and all said no you start back at square one and reevaluate. You can want whoever but if those people say no you have to find someone to say yes and that could take some time.

He said 3rd or 4th week in January. It's not the 3rd or 4th week yet.

And we all know we are going to be disappointed.
He said second or third week. Let’s see if he has a decision by the end of this next week. Betting he won’t

Hard to imagine why things aren't settled by now.

We're all going to be disappointed.
Well the universe of OCs that sort of fit with Kirk is much smaller than the whole pool of applicants. The air raid OCs are out of the mix, a lot of rpo/pass first type OCs are out of the mix, so Kirk is probably looking at a relatively small pool of potential hires.

I disagree about being disappointed. I think it will be hard to be disappointed over what BrianF was giving us!!! Any hire that can get the offense back to even 70th will have done a very good job.

Reactions: Kelhawk
Same. I'm going to wait to see who the hire is. If KF waits until the end of the month, and then simply promotes Budmayr to OC or something lame like that, then I'll grab a pitchfork.

I'm anxious for some news also, but I'm only concerned about KF getting this right.
You might want to go ahead and polish up the tines on that pitchfork and put it someplace handy, but you‘ll probably want to buy your torches ahead of time. They notoriously jack the prices way up on those on the day of the storming.

Im expecting a staff promotion for OC. We’ll all find out soon enough.

My god I get tired of the people that think they know everything….and in reality know absolutely nothing. And I’ll even go one step farther. I bet most of these know it all’s are just a blast to hang out with. Totally negative about everything. If I gave you a new car you all would complain it was the wrong color. We as the general public have know idea what going on behind the scenes…….absolutely nothing. Until you know stop complaining.

You might want to go ahead and polish up the tines on that pitchfork and put it someplace handy, but you‘ll probably want to buy your torches ahead of time. They notoriously jack the prices way up on those on the day of the storming.

Im expecting a staff promotion for OC. We’ll all find out soon enough.

Meltdown on this board will ve something to behold once budmayr is announced as the new oc.

My god I get tired of the people that think they know everything….and in reality know absolutely nothing. And I’ll even go one step farther. I bet most of these know it all’s are just a blast to hang out with. Totally negative about everything. If I gave you a new car you all would complain it was the wrong color. We as the general public have know idea what going on behind the scenes…….absolutely nothing. Until you know stop complaining.
Also complain about their ice cream being too cold... line up and bitch slap'em all.

bitch slap GIF

• Haha
Reactions: doughuddl2
I guess one reason why I'm not as edgy as some regarding this process lingering on is, like many above have said, it won't really make a difference, anyway. It's not like he's fretting over a handful of highly sought-after offensive geniuses who will be making a huge impact on Iowa and college football; it's more like just a matter of which one of his buddies wants to come out of retirement.

More proof he's crazy, if true. Wth wouldn't he want to change it up? Lol
Confort zone? How could anyone be comfortable with the shit show offenses he's been producing?

The really sad thing is if he would get a great OC and turn over the reins 100% , this is a potential playoff team. Has been for years.
Why can he not see this???👀👀

Reactions: Chicagoherky71
🤣😂🤣 Where do you guys even come up with this crap? It's almost impressive

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT