ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Ryan

icparkerhawk

HR MVP
Nov 23, 2011
Iowa City
Announced today this is his last year with the hopes his long time assistant would take over. Couple of thoughts:

1. Sure put the pressure on Alvarez to go with your assistant.

2. Strange timing given this years class is signed and the limbo created for potential recruits.

3. We are competing for a few recruits (Rakocevic (sp?) comes to mind). How does this impact our chances?

Hell of a coach.....glad too see it as a Hawkeye fan. I'm sure Wisconsin fans are pretty down much like ISU fans were when Fred announced.

Hopefully the Hawks can take advantage on the recruiting trail and displace Wisconsin from the top tier of the B10.

In a results oriented business, he got results. And I believe he did it the right way.

Now, about his demeanor.....

I kid.

Best in the business as far as Im concerned. What he got out of that program is borderline miraculous.

I know as a Hawkeye fan I'm not supposed to but I love Bo Ryan. He's a great coach and seems to be an honorable man. I don't blame him for retiring when its blatantly obvious that the NCAA will always fix the games for teams like Duke to win. Ratface Krazooski is their golden boy.

Reactions: Carlton and LaoHawk
There goes one of the best Coaches with Big Ten referees in his pocket to ever coach the game.

Reactions: WORTHYWISH
There goes one of the best Coaches with Big Ten referees in his pocket to ever coach the game.

Thank goodness. Timing seems odd unless they promote assistant puts them in a situation like dr tom's last season with a dead recruiting period. Not sure how many scholarships they have for next year but Hayes could leave early.

I'm confident most Iowa fans respect Bo Ryan whether or not they actually like him. His record speaks for itself. At the same time, I would guess that most fans, like me, are more than happy to see him go. May his final season be marked by many disappointing losses and a couple of humiliating ass whippings from the Hawkeyes

Also announced today, Referee Mike Sanzere is retiring. Apparently Mike said with Bo retiring he felt he could not afford to be a referee any longer. (He didn't say that but I am trying to read his mind)

If Wisc does not come out and name Bo's successor this will impact their recruiting in a big way.

He got results as a teacher of his style of the game rather than as a salesman/manipulator. Got to respect that even though I might not like his style.

Timing probably has to do with his inability to tell current recruits he'd be around for 4 years. If the new hire comes from within his staff, he can give recruits continuity.

If WI won the championship, this probably would have been announced earlier.

Reactions: Carlton
"3.We are competing for a few recruits (Rakocevic (sp?) comes to mind). How does this impact our chances?"

With the verbal from Andy Van Vliet, I would guess that the Badgers are not actively pursuing Nick.

Last edited:
Hate his guts but respect the heck of what he got out of that program year after year after year. Darn near won a national title.

I'm confident most Iowa fans respect Bo Ryan whether or not they actually like him. His record speaks for itself. At the same time, I would guess that most fans, like me, are more than happy to see him go. May his final season be marked by many disappointing losses and a couple of humiliating ass whippings from the Hawkeyes
Respect him, still absolutely loathe him the way he jaws at officials. And hopefully that ass whipping does happen, I for one have been praying for a game like 2012 where someone goes off ala Matt Gatens

Odd that Mike Sanzere and Bo call it quits at the same time???

I wonder if they are going to sit around a campfire and sing songs together beings they were best buds all season long.

It's not Bo's fault he constantly bitches at the officials. It's the gutless officials that let him get away with it.

I'm gonna miss "The Grinch"! (Not).

Bo+Ryan+Grinch+2.BMP

Good Riddance! I can't stand the guy. His style of play makes me want to throw up.
His timing seems odd to me. Go out with a final four appearance. Nah....
Instead, the poor bastard is going to give himself a heart attack from all is whining and bitching because
his team is going to suck ass this year!
LOL.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT