ADVERTISEMENT

Brendan Sullivan Visiting Today

Eliot Clough

HR All-American
Staff
Jan 11, 2023
iowa.rivals.com
Reported by the Des Moines Register. I've got from a few secondary sources that he's planning on visiting today and into tomorrow, would've written if I had it more solid, but a couple other folks have reported. Could be a big get for the Hawkeyes. Tabbed a three-star transfer by Rivals. Has two years of eligibility remaining.

As you well know by now, he was recruited by Tim Lester at Western Michigan before committing to NW.

Career stats for Sullivan:

-13 games played
-134-195 (68.7%) passing, for 1,303 yards, 10 TD, and 5 INT. Average of 100 yards per game.
-129 rushes for 257 yards and three TDs

This is from our Northwestern writer, Louie Vaccher:
Sully definitely has some swag about him. He’s a confident kid, definitely a quarterback’s personality. He’s athletic but has an average arm. He was a leader and hard worker, a gutsy player who was always willing to take a hit or throw his body around. He was always the bridesmaid at NU. In 2022, he lost the job in fall camp to Ryan Hilsinki. He eventually got the starting job, but then suffered a season-ending injury after five starts (I believe; check the number). Then last year, he lost the job to grad transfer Ben Bryant in camp. He wound up starting four games when Bryant was hurt and had a career game against Maryland. Then this spring, with a new OC, he was reportedly beaten out by Jack Lausch and transferred. I don’t think he liked the way things ended. He’s a very good backup to have, but I’m not sure if he’s the answer as a starter.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News