ADVERTISEMENT

California can’t keep the lights on

Thanks for posting about Texas in a thread about California.
My pleasure. Looking only at isolated incidents of more widespread issues can lead to inefficient, short term or non-solution solutions. Is there a reason you were triggered about broadening the discussion of the problem to a more comprehensive level?

Reactions: State of Illinois
NO, NO, NO. @hawkland14 has it right. He is doing us all a great service by pointing out how these big government type mandates are always failures. There is no way we can get this figured out before the mandate to sell electric vehicles is here. Even though the car makers are headed that way already these type rules are going to kill business and make it unlivable in California.

Let me give you a few examples:

Paint - There are still dumb people in the world. Was outlawing lead out of paint really successful?

Smog - There is smog in the world. Did all of those limits on emissions in the 70s and 80s have any impact?

Seatbelts - People are still dying in car wrecks. What has requiring seatbelts accomplished? Don't get me started on why we have speed limits.

There are many more examples that I could give you, but this should be sufficient evidence for anyone with a brain.

It also could be noted that with the move that's already been made to diversify energy sources in California that they are still in a bad place. Imagine if they didn't have those decentralized solar panels how awesome it could be right now for all of those families. Definitely should have poured more investment and tax breaks into coal plants! They were working. This is not.

Thanks to hawkland14 for his public service!

That's what triggered my reinvestigation.

Great info for consideration. Our other consideration factors have been how much longer we'll stay in this home as well as traveling infrastructure and EV battery replacement. My former boss owns a Tesla and LOVES it, but when he traveled from San Antonio to Lubbock, TX it was a not as smooth as he had hoped. Long story short, he wound up staying an extra day because he had to leave his car at a Best Buy parking lot with a very slow charge. He also had to plan a different route than normal due to the lack of charging options.

I believe we'll eventually get there, but I'm currently living debt free minus a mortgage, so it will take some careful planning/saving to add solar and an EV because I don't want to accrue any long-term debt.

If only Infrastructure Week had occurred starting in 2016, we'd have had all those rapid chargers set up around the country....

Sigh....missed Opp for the GOP there...

Reactions: alaskanseminole
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT