ADVERTISEMENT

Cambridge Scientist Denounces "Climate Emergency" as "Noble Lie"

Scruddy

HR Heisman
Mar 18, 2021

Personally I'm not so sure about the idea of a "noble lie" myself (see other locked/deleted thread commentary) but overall I agree with his premise in general. There is a roughly 30 minute video in that thread if anyone is interested in listening.

Before everyone's biases start kicking in and framing your opinions of this guy/take please also consider the following:

"Climate activists may dismiss Hulme as a “climate denier,” but he agrees the planet is warming due to human activities and specifically says we should prepare for more heat waves.

Moreover, Hulme’s credentials are undeniably impressive. He is a Professor at the University of Cambridge and founding Director of the Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research. Hulme has advised everyone from the United Nations to the UK Government and earned a personalized certificate from the Nobel Peace Prize committee for his work with the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).

Now, in his new book, Climate Change Isn’t Everything, Hulme strongly denounces “climatism,” which he describes as the “unyielding belief that stopping climate change is the pre-eminent yardstick against which all policies must be measured.”..."

Thoughts? I personally agree with the idea that we should always strive to be better stewards to the environment, but "the sky is falling" narrative admittedly makes me less trusting of the movement in general.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT