ADVERTISEMENT

CFP 12 Team Playoff: Top 5 Ranked Conference champs + Next 7 highest ranked teams

I completely agree. There's no reason they can't go 16 like every other division. Instead Alabama will get a week's rest every damn year.
I swear the NCAA is ran by a bunch of pyramid scheme business morons that have no sense how the real world works.

It's still a major upgrade over anything we've had before but it still has huge flaws

So, you have to win the conference championship to be a 1-4 seed. A team could go 9-3 and beat a 12-0 in the championship game (let's say with the starting quarterback or key player/s are out) and the 12-0 team loses, you have a 10-3 team holding a top 4 spot that could easily not be in the play-offs otherwise.

I completely agree. There's no reason they can't go 16 like every other division. Instead Alabama will get a week's rest every damn year.
I agree, but they would have to shorten the regular season games. A team could end up playing as many as 17 games. That's why they didn't do it.

So, you have to win the conference championship to be a 1-4 seed. A team could go 9-3 and beat a 12-0 in the championship game (let's say with the starting quarterback or key player/s are out) and the 12-0 team loses, you have a 10-3 team holding a top 4 spot that could easily not be in the play-offs otherwise.
I think it's good to put emphasis on conference champs instead of subjectively giving teams like Georgia, who didn't win their conference a first round bye.

So, this past season that would have been this group (included their end bowl result):

FIVE
Michigan (B1G) National Champions

Washington (P12) Beat Texas, but lost to Michigan
Texas (B12) Lost to Washington
Alabama (SEC) Lost to Michigan
FSU (ACC) Lost bad to Georgia
+7
6. Georgia Beat FSU
7. OSU Lost to Missouri
9. Oregon Beat Liberty bad
10. PSU Lost to Ole Miss
11. Ole Miss Beat PSU
12. Oklahoma Beat by Arizona
13. LSU Beat Wisconsin

I think it's good to put emphasis on conference champs instead of subjectively giving teams like Georgia, who didn't win their conference a first round bye.
To be even more clear on this, I think it's good that they are drawing a defining line of critera. Win your P4 conference championship and you likely get a bye. A 10-3 P5 is almost always finishing in front of a 13-0 G5.

None of this, yeah you won your CCG, but you don't deserve it so you get a 14 seed. There is a guideline now. Let the subjective BS be about 10-2 penn state and 9-3 LSU getting the 12 spot.

So, this past season that would have been this group (included their end bowl result):

FIVE
Michigan (B1G) National Champions

Washington (P12) Beat Texas, but lost to Michigan
Texas (B12) Lost to Washington
Alabama (SEC) Lost to Michigan
FSU (ACC) Lost bad to Georgia
+7
6. Georgia Beat FSU
7. OSU Lost to Missouri
9. Oregon Beat Liberty bad
10. PSU Lost to Ole Miss
11. Ole Miss Beat PSU
12. Oklahoma Beat by Arizona
13. LSU Beat Wisconsin
Now the final rankings last year but with Texas, UW, OU in their new conferences 👀

1. Michigan
2. Texas
3. FSU
4. Arizona

5. Washington
6. Alabama
7. Georgia
8. Ohio State
9. Oregon
10. Missouri
11. Penn State
12. Liberty

Now the final rankings last year but with Texas, UW, OU in their new conferences 👀

1. Michigan
2. Texas
3. FSU
4. Arizona

5. Washington
6. Alabama
7. Georgia
8. Ohio State
9. Oregon
10. Missouri
11. Penn State
12. Liberty
All I know is instead of having a few good games this should make things far more competitive and have less opt-outs.

Reactions: mattymoknows
How many more times is this shitshow going to change until it’s the B1G and SEC exclusively?

How many more times is this shitshow going to change until it’s the B1G and SEC exclusively?
The PAC10 is dead. The ACC is hemorrhaging. The Big12 is stumbling like a drunken sailor.

When the ACC goes, I'm done with college sports.

The PAC10 is dead. The ACC is hemorrhaging. The Big12 is stumbling like a drunken sailor.

When the ACC goes, I'm done with college sports.

I'm not sure what the end game is here with trying to create a minor league. Nobody watches minor league anything unless they can go and the beer is cheap

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT