ADVERTISEMENT

"Check Down" Jake Feels Snubbed By NFL Combine?

iowalaw

All-Conference
Jan 20, 2015
Scottsdale
It looks like not only did Jake feel snubbed by only being handed the U I starting quarterback position for 2 years despite being less talented than the guys behind him, but he feels snubbed that the NFL did not come calling and invite him and his big arm to the NFL combine.

Talk about a sense of entitlement. He's been "slighted his whole career" even though he got to start for the #1 high school team in the nation, then two of the most storied Big 10 programs for 3 years. Where is the slight? Sounds like OVER PRIVILEGE. Sorry Jake, you just weren't that good. If Brad Banks and Drew Tate didn't make it in the NFL, you certainly will not either.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...olverines-jake-rudock-nfl-prospects/81077932/

Last edited:
Reactions: DenverTurtle
It looks like not only did Jake feel snubbed by only being handed the U I starting quarterback position for 2 years despite being less talented than the guys behind him, but he feels snubbed that the NFL did not come calling and invite him and his big arm to the NFL combine. What happened to Jake being Mr. med school, where the whole U of Iowa football team changed its practice schedule to accommodate Jake's course work? Sorry Jake, you just weren't that good. If Brad Banks and Drew Tate didn't make it in the NFL, you certainly will not either.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...olverines-jake-rudock-nfl-prospects/81077932/
Stick to law!!

There were 18 quarterbacks at the combine but Rudock wasn’t invited.

“Unfortunately this is something that’s happened my entire career,” he said. “Obviously I was a little disappointed, because obviously one of the goals is to try to get there. There’s always reason why some guys go and some guys don’t.

“But it’s just more fuel to the fire that I’ve gotten used to my entire football and baseball career.”

Wow, what arrogance....:rolleyes:

The national championship QB didn't even get the invite so not surprised that he was left out as well.

Second greatest season in Michigan's storied history; strong work for us; led the resurgence for them; brilliant, good guy. He got jobbed. He deserved better.

Second greatest season in Michigan's storied history; strong work for us; led the resurgence for them; brilliant, good guy. He got jobbed. He deserved better.
While he did improve his final year, he's nothing special.
With WRs like that, it's not hard to look better than you are.....
Maybe he can get some pointers from Tom Shady.

I%20Don%27t%20Care%20Anyway.jpg

It looks like not only did Jake feel snubbed by only being handed the U I starting quarterback position for 2 years despite being less talented than the guys behind him, but he feels snubbed that the NFL did not come calling and invite him and his big arm to the NFL combine.

Talk about a sense of entitlement. He's been "slighted his whole career" even though he got to start for the #1 high school team in the nation, then two of the most storied Big 10 programs for 3 years. Where is the slight? Sounds like OVER PRIVILEGE. Sorry Jake, you just weren't that good. If Brad Banks and Drew Tate didn't make it in the NFL, you certainly will not either.

Who cares, seems like a nice enough young man. Not sure why you feel the need to bash a young man for wanting to play at the highest level. It is not like his quotes were overly arrogant and/or bashing any body or anything....

Doesn't this entire thread sort of prove his point?

The kid was good enough to start on 2 Big Ten football teams. Saying he sucks makes me wonder about you not him. Is he good enough? Probably not in my opinion but then again he sort of addresses that doesn't he? To sum up he has had to listen to people like all of you his entire football career and if he had listened he would have surfed the couch to victory just like the rest of us.

Reactions: bullbear
Doesn't this entire thread sort of prove his point?

The kid was good enough to start on 2 Big Ten football teams. Saying he sucks makes me wonder about you not him. Is he good enough? Probably not in my opinion but then again he sort of addresses that doesn't he? To sum up he has had to listen to people like all of you his entire football career and if he had listened he would have surfed the couch to victory just like the rest of us.

He will be a fine doctor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT