ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Matthews Insults Rural Americans with Terrorism Analogy

THE_DEVIL

HR King
Aug 16, 2005
Hell, Michigan
www.livecoinwatch.com
CM sucks as a talking head and from reports as a person also...but he makes some good points
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opin...r&cvid=86f840be3e8f462784888fba6b44c136&ei=58

He highlighted rural Americans’ anger towards liberal elites and made an analogy to the sentiments of terrorists in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Matthews suggested that enraging people, whether rural Americans or enemies abroad, only fuels more animosity, drawing parallels between the two situations. (Trending: Famous Actor Under Investigation After Calling For Biden’s Execution)

“This is rural rage. They are so angry at the liberal establishment, the coastal elite. They look at people on television … ‘They don’t have to worry about us,’” Matthews said.

“And the regular guy in the country goes, ‘There they are snarling and making fun of us again,’ and every time we make fun of Trump, we’re making fun of them … It’s a weird thing, but in a way, it’s like fighting terrorism.”

“We think we just put the Army in or Israel just puts the IDF in, and they’re going to solve the problem,” Matthews said.

“It never solves the problem because you enrage people. And we did it with Afghanistan, and we did it with Iraq.”

“We enraged the enemy to the point where they’re more fiery than ever, and they hate us more than ever. Armies don’t make peace.”

Matthews has been off the air for a few years for a reason.
He is right about the anger, however. What's funny about it is that Trump thinks rural Americans are dopes and rubes, and wipes them off the bottom of his shoes as soon as he leaves one of his emotional support rallies.

“We enraged the enemy to the point where they’re more fiery than ever, and they hate us more than ever. Armies don’t make peace.”
Philip%20Sheridan.jpg

I beg to differ with the gentleman.

Matthews has been off the air for a few years for a reason.
He is right about the anger, however. What's funny about it is that Trump thinks rural Americans are dopes and rubes, and wipes them off the bottom of his shoes as soon as he leaves one of his emotional support rallies.
This is the part which amazes me. The only use he has for them is a vote. Since this would be his second term, it would be interesting how his rhetoric would change once in office. Wouldn’t surprise me if he went into “profit taking” mode and sold out every idiot who voted for him.

As Jack Nicholson would say..."You can't handle the truth".

Republicans need a divided Merica to win elections.
And if they can't win, they try to cheat.
No, your rural people are uneducated comment. Very stupid comment.

Reactions: ICHerky
Sorry if that is something you disagree with, but the majority of Mericans in rural areas are no further than high school graduates.

Or south of the Mason Dixon line, high school dropouts.
Thinking Think GIF by TLC Europe

So, you're saying more rural kids drop out of high school than inner city kids?

When was the last time you've looked up National Education stats?

Honestly, I would take more rural HS educated people to solve problems quicker and with more common sense then educated city kids.

Even seen the "reporter on the street" interviews? Some basic questions and people have zero clue of the answer.

16.4 million adult Americans believe that chocolate milk comes from brown cows (survey taken by the US GOV.). I doubt that many of the 16.4 came from rural America or the rednecks of the south.

Honestly, I would take more rural HS educated people to solve problems quicker and with more common sense then educated city kids.

Even seen the "reporter on the street" interviews? Some basic questions and people have zero clue of the answer.

16.4 million adult Americans believe that chocolate milk comes from brown cows (survey taken by the US GOV.). I doubt that many of the 16.4 came from rural America or the rednecks of the south.
But you're missing the context of this discussion.

The GOP appeals to rural voters.
They've given up on courting urban voters in most parts of the country.

Have you ever driven through rural Missouri/Kentucky/Ohio/Indiana and the like? That's MAGA base.

Yeah but the left isn't being led by high school dropouts. The right is. Lauren Boebert, High School drop out, leader of MAGA's

The reporter on the street bits are dumb. You ask 50 people a question, 47 get it right but you cut all of them out in favor of the 3 that can't.

Uneducated hillbillies are the dumbest and easiest to manipulate. This isn't true just in the US. This is precisely why Modi won in India. His support in educated cities is nearly zero but to the uneducated Indian dumbass he appears to speak their language. Sure, jack shit will be done for those people but, they will keep turning out for him and voting for him. Trump, same formula.

Lack of education breeds racism, xenophobia and lack of cultural awareness. At the end of the day, these people are shooting themselves in their face but they don't give 2 shits because racism trumps sanity.

Uneducated hillbillies are the dumbest and easiest to manipulate. This isn't true just in the US. This is precisely why Modi won in India. His support in educated cities is nearly zero but to the uneducated Indian dumbass he appears to speak their language. Sure, jack shit will be done for those people but, they will keep turning out for him and voting for him. Trump, same formula.

Lack of education breeds racism, xenophobia and lack of cultural awareness. At the end of the day, these people are shooting themselves in their face but they don't give 2 shits because racism trumps sanity.
Dummies want a fellow dummy who speaks their dummy language and makes them feel like it is OK (and even desirable) to be dumb like them. They want a leader who speaks of and exudes 'toughness', because if there's one thing they know for sure, its that if you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough. They also love to hear childish insults, because many of them intellectually and emotionally align with children, though they would never admit it.

Last edited:
It’s always comical to hear the liberal elite or costal elite complaint like there is no conservative elites or conservatives living on the coasts. I’d argue that conservative elites are far more involved with politics than liberals.

Not so sure about that.

Many in the south still are fighting the north.
When was the last time they fired a rocket into D.C.?
The comparison is laughable, and that wasn't even the one I was making.

His post Civil War military career was as decisive in the result.

it is a blanket statement by Matthews. I don't think you can simply say rural people. I do think rural people that don't believe in education are worst idiots in our country. Reading to them, is reading the prices at Wal Mart. They don't want to try to be better people. They believe in the "good old days".

A lot of farm kids are the worst because they are told chores are more important than school.

Reactions: mattymoknows
it is a blanket statement by Matthews. I don't think you can simply say rural people. I do think rural people that don't believe in education are worst idiots in our country. Reading to them, is reading the prices at Wal Mart. They don't want to try to be better people. They believe in the "good old days".

A lot of farm kids are the worst because they are told chores are more important than school.
That's a truly misanthrope statement.

Jimmy McGill and the pack of lies show.

Not really. Have you ever been to some of these rural areas in western Iowa? A good portion of them value education at the bottom of their values
I travel in 48 states every year for work. Sometimes in big cities, sometimes in rural areas.

IMO, rural folks are much easier to deal with, they're hard working and do very little bitching. Cities people are less friendly, bitch about everything and are very unreliable when it comes to working. Those are just general observations.

When I got my 2nd Maters Degree a couple weeks ago, everyone (the left) did nothing but attack me over it. So, no, what degree you have makes one damn bit of difference as to whether you're a good person or capable of having a productive life. It's what you personally make it. Many rural people don't feel the need to spend 100's of thousands of dollars for something that won't make their life any better. So, the let them do them. No need to degrade a group of people that are generally the happiest people I've ever met.

Reactions: HawkeyeHitman
Not really. Have you ever been to some of these rural areas in western Iowa? A good portion of them value education at the bottom of their values
More lies from Jimmy, I would say the % of farm kids graduating from HS in western iowa and going to college is higher than the % of kids graduating from Roosevelt or Lincoln both in Des Moines who go on to college.

I travel in 48 states every year for work. Sometimes in big cities, sometimes in rural areas.

IMO, rural folks are much easier to deal with, they're hard working and do very little bitching. Cities people are less friendly, bitch about everything and are very unreliable when it comes to working. Those are just general observations.

When I got my 2nd Maters Degree a couple weeks ago, everyone (the left) did nothing but attack me over it. So, no, what degree you have makes one damn bit of difference as to whether you're a good person or capable of having a productive life. It's what you personally make it. Many rural people don't feel the need to spend 100's of thousands of dollars for something that won't make their life any better. So, the let them do them. No need to degrade a group of people that are generally the happiest people I've ever met.
How were you attacked by “the left” for getting a second masters degree? Link? Was it some online program?

Dummies want a fellow dummy who speaks their dummy language and makes them feel like it is OK (and even desirable) to be dumb like them. They want a leader who speaks of and exudes 'toughness', because if there's one thing they know for sure, its that if you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough. They also love to hear childish insults, because many of them intellectually and emotionally align with children, though they would never admit it.

Very accurate

Reactions: drew_hawk

I just perused the thread. You were attacked for a perceived lack of intelligence, not getting a second degree. I can’t comment on former, as I am not really familiar with you, or this current handle of yours.

I just perused the thread. You were attacked for a perceived lack of intelligence, not getting a second degree. I can’t comment on former, as I am not really familiar with you, or this current handle of yours.
Ya, someone has a different point of view, and they attack. That's a sign of inferior intelligence. Current handle is the only handle and the only one I've ever had.

• Haha
Reactions: TC Nole OX
Sorry if that is something you disagree with, but the majority of Mericans in rural areas are no further than high school graduates.

Or south of the Mason Dixon line, high school dropouts.
What is it that makes you think city folk are enlightened by comparison? I'd say that someone who could change their own car oil and build a treehouse is way smarter than someone stepping over human shit to sit in Starbucks stare at their laptop (as I stare at my laptop).

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
What is it that makes you think city folk are enlightened by comparison? I'd say that someone who could change their own car oil and build a treehouse is way smarter than someone stepping over human shit to sit in Starbucks stare at their laptop (as I stare at my laptop).
You are such a bitch. It's comical.

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
Ya, someone has a different point of view, and they attack. That's a sign of inferior intelligence. Current handle is the only handle and the only one I've ever had.
Like I said, I could have missed it, but I did not see anyone attacking you for getting a second degree. I did not read the thread for content so I will not comment either way. I do agree with you that attacking the person does not advance the ball in a discussion. I can't say i never succumb to it but I try to not do it. For those who simply use the condescending lauging emoji, SOTE.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT