ADVERTISEMENT

CJ Beathard Article on ESPN

Nice article, thanks for posting.. Can't wait to see what CJ can do this year..... hopefully its a full year, we need him to stay healthy.

Count me in as excited too. I've wanted a mobile quarterback since Brad Banks, and although we've had some elusive ones - no real running threats since. I feel that this could be one of the better offenses that we've seen in a long time (b/c they're usually pretty bad) but could also be very mediocre. I am cautiously optimistic mostly b/c I think that it would be really hard to have a worse offense than we have seen over the last 3 seasons.

Good article. I didn't know that much about Beathard and company. But, I don't care if he yodels the snap count, or moon-walks into the end zone as long as he shows he's a good quarterback and can win.

Didnt realize he was roomates with two recievers and next door neighbors with Tevaun Smith and Hillyer. Brings to light some of those rumors that Smith and other WR's were Beathards guys and not fans of Jake as the starting QB.

It is quite amazing to me how almost everyone on the website has jumped on the CJB bandwagon. Rewind back to October of last year and about 1/2 the board was proclaiming anyone wanting CJ starting was an idiot, and to trust Kirk to play the best QB. Now, I see many of those same posters who default to the "offense will be better this year and I'm terribly excited to see what CJ can do with it" stance, like the QB controversy just never happened last year. I will say, I can think of a few posters that have remained silent thus far.

*Note, I'm not specifically pointing to any poster in this thread.

It is quite amazing to me how almost everyone on the website has jumped on the CJB bandwagon. Rewind back to October of last year and about 1/2 the board was proclaiming anyone wanting CJ starting was an idiot, and to trust Kirk to play the best QB. Now, I see many of those same posters who default to the "offense will be better this year and I'm terribly excited to see what CJ can do with it" stance, like the QB controversy just never happened last year. I will say, I can think of a few posters that have remained silent thus far.

You are dramatically overstating the case and I don't see anything unusual or earth shattering about trusting the HC to pick the starting QB.

Furthermore, even if posters had disagreed with Beathard starting over Ruddock, that controversy was last season; it's old news. Ruddock is gone and CJ is the starting QB now --so why in the hell wouldn't Hawkeye fans "jump on the CJ bandwagon"? What Iowa fan would wish for him to fail or perform poorly?

If it is "amazing" to you that Hawkeye fans are getting behind the starting QB or excited to see what he can do, then you are fairly easily amazed....... either that or you just want to pick a fight.

You are dramatically overstating the case and I don't see anything unusual or earth shattering about trusting the HC to pick the starting QB.

Furthermore, even if posters had disagreed with Beathard starting over Ruddock, that controversy was last season; it's old news. Ruddock is gone and CJ is the starting QB now --so why in the hell wouldn't Hawkeye fans "jump on the CJ bandwagon"? What Iowa fan would wish for him to fail or perform poorly?

If it is "amazing" to you that Hawkeye fans are getting behind the starting QB or excited to see what he can do, then you are fairly easily amazed....... either that or you just want to pick a fight.
I don't think you caught on to what I believed was amazing (possible that I didn't word it to suit you). It is not that fans are now supporting CJ, it is that I now see posts from the same large group of posters who insisted adamantly than Jake was a superior QB and was evident due to Kirk starting him. Many (not all) of those same posters are now saying "how excited they are to see what CJ can do with this offense" and I have even saw the "I thought all along he had the higher upside" statement from a few of them.

I don't think that is dramatically overstating the case and can't see the hypocrisy there I really don't know what to tell you.

I don't think you caught on to what I believed was amazing (possible that I didn't word it to suit you). It is not that fans are now supporting CJ, it is that I now see posts from the same large group of posters who insisted adamantly than Jake was a superior QB and was evident due to Kirk starting him. Many (not all) of those same posters are now saying "how excited they are to see what CJ can do with this offense" and I have even saw the "I thought all along he had the higher upside" statement from a few of them.

I don't think that is dramatically overstating the case and can't see the hypocrisy there I really don't know what to tell you.

Most Hawk fans grew less enamored with JR as QB as the season got worse.. and most fans coceded that CJ was more gifted all season....after Wis, Neb and Tenn. games fans were ready for a change.

It wasn't 1/2 the board, it was Kilroy doing 1/2 the posts on the board!
As for me, I tried to not be anti-Jake but I have been in the CJB camp for a long time. I just hope the OL is going to protect him well enough that he can show us what that big arm can do.

Reactions: B1G
It wasn't 1/2 the board, it was Kilroy doing 1/2 the posts on the board!
As for me, I tried to not be anti-Jake but I have been in the CJB camp for a long time. I just hope the OL is going to protect him well enough that he can show us what that big arm can do.

exactly.....Kilroy was one loud Jake defender in a sea of CJ fans on here. Fans did not dislike Jake but wanted CJ at the helm after the Pitt game.

Reactions: Cougar63
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT