ADVERTISEMENT

Clone board meltdown...

The hate and envy runs deep.

Just checked, they're literally at 7/8 pages crying about how UCONN got screwed on the illegal screen call.

A game they're not even involved in and a situation they can only dream of being in.
LOfreakingL.
It's been glorious the last two months.

They HATE that Iowa is having all this success in WOMEN'S basketball, and especially hate the attention Clark is getting.

It's great.

It’s so bizarre. I honestly enjoyed catching some of their women’s games this year and had been rooting for them in the tourney. I’m a big fan of Crooks. I can understand if they’re put off by some of CC’s complaining to officials over the years, but if it were me I’d much rather see the rival in state school beat a blue blood any day of the week.

Just checked, they're literally at 7/8 pages crying about how UCONN got screwed on the illegal screen call.

A game they're not even involved in and a situation they can only dream of being in.
LOfreakingL.

The Clowns are butt hurt?

giphy.gif

The same fan bases crying over this were lauding and justifying the CDJ fair catch call. I'm not going to lose any sleep over something that by the book is probably an illegal screen.
Illegal screen? Sign that girl up to block for the football team. She was doing that all night and got away with a few more of those as well as called a few times too.

Regarding Cyclones, haters gonna hate.

LOfreakingL.
Not surprised at all……that troop of doosh monkeys is led by an AD who throws the biggest ref hissy-fits I’ve ever seen!

They hate the Hawks as much as we hate isu. This board would be doing the same if the cyclone men were in the championship on a controversial call. It turns my stomach just thinking of isu in the final four, let alone the championship.
Deep down, ISU fans knew that wasn't going to happen. Not this year, not ever. I don't really hate ISU teams as such (I actually liked and respected their basketball team this year), but their fans, with their constant inferiority complex bubbling to the surface, particularly when it comes to Iowa, can be quite grating.

Deep down, ISU fans knew that wasn't going to happen. Not this year, not ever. I don't really hate ISU teams as such (I actually liked and respected their basketball team this year), but their fans, with their constant inferiority complex bubbling to the surface, particularly when it comes to Iowa, can be quite grating.
I also respected their men’s team. I guess I don’t really care about them because it seems like our men’s programs are just in separate orbits with enough other games so that the game doesn’t really matter. Now for football, I hope they lose every game in perpetuity.

Reactions: BrotherHawkeye
They hate the Hawks as much as we hate isu. This board would be doing the same if the cyclone men were in the championship on a controversial call. It turns my stomach just thinking of isu in the final four, let alone the championship.
But most of us here would realize it’s actually the correct call & not waste time b!tching about it.

Seeing the slo-mo video from behind Gabby is the perfect example of what a moving screen looks like.

But most of us here would realize it’s actually the correct call & not waste time b!tching about it.

Seeing the slo-mo video from behind Gabby is the perfect example of what a moving screen looks like.
“Us here” is the operative language. We have our share of lunatic posters but I think they mostly inhabit threads on men’s sports, and of course the off topic board.

Reactions: cmhawks99
My only response to them is F@#k off. I don't give a sh!t about their outrage.

The vast majority of 'clone fans are best ignored. If you can find the rare individual that's worth engaging then great. Otherwise, leave them to their idiocy.

They got away with stuff and Hanna got screwed on a couple no calls where she was bodied or hit. If it was iffy it came out in the wash.
Hannah and others were hit and bodied every time they went to the hole. We had very few, and one's, compared to UCONN, but I will say that overall the calls were pretty even. Not a parade to the free throw line kind of game for either team.

Last edited:
Got a few of them at the office and they hate CC22 with a passion. Enjoy all the hate they push at the local sports radio shows on 1460 about the non stop coverage of Iowa and CC22. They are constantly complaining about it all. Andy Fales mentions it on his show about their disdain and all things Iowa. They just don’t understand why they are talking about CC22 and Iowa all the time right now. Final Four participant team and generational player that we will never see again in our lifetime, yet they can’t understand why they aren’t talking about the Cyclones too. Truly stupid fanbase with an inferiority complex.

LOfreakingL.
Even without that call, Iowa still was in position to win the game. It didn’t cost UConn the game. It simply cost them a CHANCE to win it.

Not really.

The people who consistently hate on Iowa State here and throughout social media tend to stand out.

ISU fans crying about Iowa just blends together because there's so many......

It’s so bizarre. I honestly enjoyed catching some of their women’s games this year and had been rooting for them in the tourney. I’m a big fan of Crooks. I can understand if they’re put off by some of CC’s complaining to officials over the years, but if it were me I’d much rather see the rival in state school beat a blue blood any day of the week.
Exactly. I turned away from the Iowa men to watch the ISU women and was rooting for them against Stanford. The head coach is from Davenport. The family owns a classic bar. Many Iowa girls. I can root for them. Their fanbase is hot garbage though.

Even without that call, Iowa still was in position to win the game. It didn’t cost UConn the game. It simply cost them a CHANCE to win it.
Good point - I saw this astute comment on the Cyclone board. I found it very insightful:

"It’s women’s basketball, and if the call doesn’t happen, then UConn gets one shot, from a woman. The odds of the woman making the shot are not great. They would have lost anyway."

Well lot of the dbag fans I knew beating their chest thinking they’d make final 4 and a dark horse to win it all. Only time I cheered for ILL to win all year was their sweet 16 game vs them. ISU is a women’s CC school. That’s all they have going for them. That and Matt campbells 5* culture.

Not really.

The people who consistently hate on Iowa State here and throughout social media tend to stand out.

ISU fans crying about Iowa just blends together because there's so many......

Totally agree….their level of disdain across the board is much higher than ours.

With that said, they have plenty of reasonable fans. And there are plenty in that thread who have acknowledged it is most assuredly a text book foul…

I mean honestly, it’s past text book, it’s egregious…🤷‍♂️

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT