ADVERTISEMENT

Cooper DeJean goes #40 overall to Philadelphia (8th Pick of 2nd Round). Rookie Contract will be Worth $9.15M, incl. a $3.5M Signing Bonus

The Eagles traded both of their 2nd-round picks (#50 and #53) along with a 5th-round pick to Washington for picks #40 (used on Cooper) and #78.

Still kinda crazy that Cooper, a unanimous 1st-team All-American and B1G Defensive Back of the Year, fell to the 2nd Round of the Draft.

Some excerpts from the story from ESPN:

Philadelphia has emphasized upgrading the secondary this offseason after finishing 31st in passing yards and passing touchdowns allowed in 2023. The Eagles signed C.J. Gardner-Johnson in free agency, selected cornerback Quinyon Mitchell in the first round and then started off Day 2 with DeJean.

While some evaluators project DeJean as a safety at the next level, the sentiment within the Eagles building is that he is someone who can "do it all."

The Full Story:

And the city of Philadelphia is a literal shit hole. 3rd world city. Good luck to Cooper, he will make us all very proud!
It's a damn shame he ended up there. I was hoping he'd stay in the midwest. Would have loved to seen go to the vikings or chiefs. I wouldn't have minded if he went to the packers or bears even. Philly would have been one of my last choices

Reactions: TheRealHerky
Tell me you don’t live in ankeny without telling me you don’t live in ankeny.
Ha!

I have lived in Ankeny for 20+ years. It is probably the largest concentration of ISU fans outside of Ames, and it’s still pretty evenly split. The South side school probably has more Hawkeye fans than Cyclone fans. Ames seems to shit them out right into the North side of town.

Two things I don’t think Eastern Iowa Hawkeye fans understand.

One, you would likely be rooting against them every week if you lived here. (Yes, I know there are exceptions, I said likely)

Two, Central Iowa is FAR from Cyclone country. I don’t know if there is a county in the state outside of Story County that is majority Cyclone. That said, the ones that are here are loud and proud.

Reactions: shudaddy
I do think its interesting how the players at a home area watch party, and supposedly doesn't know who is drafting him, and yet someone has a team hat their? Hmmm.. okay then, lolol...
They know the teams that are considering drafting them. He probably had 10 hats.

Hell, maybe he had 32 hats ready. It’s not a conspiracy.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
I do think its interesting how the players at a home area watch party, and supposedly doesn't know who is drafting him, and yet someone has a team hat their? Hmmm.. okay then, lolol...
They showed a table with 32 caps on it when a different player was drafted. That is why it seemed to take a little while for Cooper to be handed the correct cap.

Reactions: Franisdaman
They showed a table with 32 caps on it when a different player was drafted. That is why it seemed to take a little while for Cooper to be handed the correct cap.
Okay then. Still its kind of funny that CDJ had a nice green shirt on as well. Maybe he thought packers.....lolol..

GMYME4CXIAEjOha

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT