ADVERTISEMENT

Cooper set a personal record (4.30?) in the 40. Now Fully Cleared & will Work out for 25 NFL teams on Monday, April 8th

I'm a little confused why BF didn't step away at some point. He did himself a disservice unless his only objective was to soak as much money as possible and everything else be damned.
Because his ego is as big as his gut. He literally thought he didn’t suck… he was wrong. Now let’s see if Lester can turn it around or if the ferentz brand is just terrible for football in the 2020s

I'm a little confused why BF didn't step away at some point. He did himself a disservice unless his only objective was to soak as much money as possible and everything else be damned.
There had to be some serious talks between father and son. I do think Brian hoped to take over the HC some day and knowing how much he loved Iowa, I do feel bad for him there.

I've never understood this...he willed his way to the end zone against 11 gopher defenders. after it was called back and you needed 15-20 yards for a FG to win it..why not just direct snap him the ball 3 times and have him try again? At the very least he could get you in FG range.

The guy taking the snaps had the worst game I have ever seen for a college QB.

I love how Dallas was like... Nope "moving on, moving on" after that comment and the comment about Coop at QB.

Dallas is a huge supporter of the Hawks and isn't going to sling anything that smears the staff.

Hilarious quote and love Dallas effing Clark.
Fan in Black:
I've never understood this...he willed his way to the end zone against 11 gopher defenders. after it was called back and you needed 15-20 yards for a FG to win it..why not just direct snap him the ball 3 times and have him try again? At the very least he could get you in FG range.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's not what you do...stutter, stammer. What he really meant was "that's not something KFz would ever do"

images

Fan in Black:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's not what you do...stutter, stammer. What he really meant was "that's not something KFz would ever do"

images
you mean brian ferentz is a big dumb dip shart?

Hill gave us the best chance to win...

Fan in Black:

---
You must not have watched the Tennessee game.

Reactions: Fan In Black
Below average pass blocking +
Receivers who struggle to separate +
Predictable and hyper safe play calling +
A qb who has tree roots and a slow release=
Sh!tshow
I’ve said for years the unwillingness of us to use the center of the field is a huge issue. Crossing routes are difficult to cover whether in man or zone. The extent of our crossing routes is usually underneath the lbs at 3-5 yards and doesn’t typically get YAC.

What’s the upside? 😳

Reactions: Fan In Black
I’ve said for years the unwillingness of us to use the center of the field is a huge issue. Crossing routes are difficult to cover whether in man or zone. The extent of our crossing routes is usually underneath the lbs at 3-5 yards and doesn’t typically get YAC.

And more creativity with motion and screens. It felt like we ran about 6-7 plays total, and rarely were disguised.

And more creativity with motion and screens. It felt like we ran about 6-7 plays total, and rarely were disguised.
You may be surprised by this, but most teams only run a few different plays, they may have different personnel groups, they may disguise with motion, but the concepts are the same and blocking assignments might vary depending on personnel or how the defense lines up.

What’s the upside? 😳

That's backyard football.

You may be surprised by this, but most teams only run a few different plays, they may have different personnel groups, they may disguise with motion, but the concepts are the same and blocking assignments might vary depending on personnel or how the defense lines up.
Run, pass, kick....what are the other plays?

Run, pass, kick....what are the other plays?
one example might be an inside zone run play. That can be run with an inline tight end, double tights, a split out tight end, 2 wide, 3 wide, under center, from the gun....it's all the same play, just different looks you're giving the defense.

Nope. In fact they usually force our TE knees to run into a LB shoulder causing injury.

I think Iowa threw the ball across the middle…past 15 yards maybe 3x all year

It’s insane how Brian’s scheme made the opposing defense life so easy.

one example might be an inside zone run play. That can be run with an inline tight end, double tights, a split out tight end, 2 wide, 3 wide, under center, from the gun....it's all the same play, just different looks you're giving the defense.

So in other words…….no matter what we showed last year we still sucked at offense!

Reactions: KFsdisciple

Right, but we rarely disguised relative to other teams and I would bet big money we run less plays than average

full text of the tweet:

Iowa DB Cooper DeJean - one of the top defensive prospects in the upcoming draft - sent a letter to all NFL clubs last week informing them that, after suffering a broken fibula in November, he now has been cleared to return to all football activities.

DeJean will hold an individual workout April 8th at Iowa.

Cooper will do all on-field testing and position work without any restrictions.

full text of the tweet:

Iowa DB Cooper DeJean - one of the top defensive prospects in the upcoming draft - sent a letter to all NFL clubs last week informing them that, after suffering a broken fibula in November, he now has been cleared to return to all football activities.

DeJean will hold an individual workout April 8th at Iowa.

Cooper will do all on-field testing and position work without any restrictions.

Does a lunar eclipse help you run faster?

Reactions: Franisdaman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT