ADVERTISEMENT

Cortez Bros

so cal hawkfan

HR All-American
Jun 5, 2012
Whittier CA
Both Cortez bros out of Gilroy CA committed to Cornell last night along with Sergio Vega out of AZ. I know the Cortez bros took a visit to Iowa, Deluca is certainly better than both of them, but the brothers definitely look to have that Iowa style. Cornell continues to build a solid recruiting class, they are going to be good for the foreseeable future.

Both Cortez bros out of Gilroy CA committed to Cornell last night along with Sergio Vega out of AZ. I know the Cortez bros took a visit to Iowa, Deluca is certainly better than both of them, but the brothers definitely look to have that Iowa style. Cornell continues to build a solid recruiting class, they are going to be good for the foreseeable future.
Iowa is probably a tough sell to kids from CA. Even the garlic capitol of world.

Reactions: so cal hawkfan
Has NIL leveled the playing field for Ivy League?
Good observation, all Ivy League schools are swimming in money and have many very wealthy alumni. That, and the chance to use your sport to get accepted, when normally you wouldn’t, will be a potent combination to compete against. Not sure why Kohl left? Imagine just chasing bigger paychecks.

Reactions: mcpat
Good observation, all Ivy League schools are swimming in money and have many very wealthy alumni. That, and the chance to use your sport to get accepted, when normally you wouldn’t, will be a potent combination to compete against. Not sure why Kohl left? Imagine just chasing bigger paychecks.
I think two years of refusing to allow sports to compete had something to do with him leaving. And I think I read something about him holding some sort of off-campus optional workout and the university came down hard on him for it. If someone else knows more about the latter, please provide the details.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT