ADVERTISEMENT

D1Baseball Weekly Chat: Week #4

Alum-Ni

HR Legend
Aug 29, 2004

Will highlight any Big Ten mention and anything generally, nationally relevant.

Greg: Takeaways from this weekend in Oxford? Strike-throwing seems to be a huge problem for Iowa.

Joe Healy: It was a series that felt like Ole Miss kinda had to have, which is weird to say about a series in early March. Iowa first and foremost has bullpen issues and strike throwing is part of that. It doesn't feel like there's anyone they can trust, especially to throw multiple innings. That's a problem when none of their starting pitchers are known for being super efficient. I don't want to get overheated about one series, but this felt like progress for the Rebels. Some guys in the lineup started to show signs of heating up and Saunier's start on Sunday was massive.

================================

Jacob: What college ballpark that you haven't been to do you most want to see a game at?

Joe Healy: Love this question! My primary coverage area for D1 is the SEC, so I've been to many of the ones that come to mind for people. My answer to this point has been Baum-Walker at Arkansas, but I'll be there this season, so my new answer is Goss up in Corvallis. The Beavs have such an ardent following and I've heard it's a fantastic atmosphere.

================================

Nathan: Is Nebraska now the front-runner to win the Big Ten? What do you think about their hosting chances?

Kendall Rogers: I don't think Nebraska is the front-runner, but it is in the mix. It's kind of funny -- I saw some NU fans on twitter panicking after the first weekend, and I actually came away from Globe Life feeling pretty solid about Will Bolt's club. There are some impressive bats throughout that lineup and Rob Childress has a lot of solid options on the mound. The Huskers should've gone 2-1 that weekend if not for a late OU surge. I'm pretty encouraged but keep an eye on South Alabama this weekend. Mark Calvi has those guys playing well.

Reactions: Franisdaman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT