ADVERTISEMENT

DJ Hernandez situation

OnceAhawk

HR MVP
Jan 29, 2015
I had posted before that I had heard DJ's GA time was up; some on here thought I was wrong.

Well, here is Marc Morehouse saying that he is no longer a GA at Iowa. Now, the question is will be be hired as a full time assistant?

marcmorehouse @marcmorehouse · 2h2 hours ago
FWIW, DJ Hernandez's GA tenure ended with this spring semester. His time was done as a GA at Iowa or anywhere.

1 retweet1 favorite
Retweet1
Favorite1
More

I think if you look at Morehouse's previous tweets you'll find your answer. There was some scuttlebutt earlier today and BHGP did a story on it, but apparently everyone forgot the GA position was up at the end of the semester. DJ changed his Twitter account to say he is a project manager for a Dallas-based company and is a former coach. This was to be expected (him being gone, not necessarily him not getting a coaching gig anywhere).

You can only be a GA for 3 years, and he had one year at Miami before coming to Iowa 2 years ago.

Further, Iowa has no full-time staff positions available, and moved LeVar Woods to TEs after last season to account for Hernandez's impending departure.

I fail to see how this is a newsworthy item.

You can only be a GA for 3 years, and he had one year at Miami before coming to Iowa 2 years ago.

Further, Iowa has no full-time staff positions available, and moved LeVar Woods to TEs after last season to account for Hernandez's impending departure.

Well not to be a butt, but I'm going to anyway. I fail to see how it is up to you to decide what is news worthy or not, it is a message board isn't it.

Reactions: Sterling_Wildcat
Correct.

You are free to post whatever stupid, idiotic nonsense that you would like to.

Please continue.

All I am saying is this is a message board for all, not just you or me, so what someone else posts because it seemed news worthy to them isn't for you or I to decide. My take on it is if you don't like what someone else posts you can just move on, no need to tell them their post wasn't worthy. You seam to have the same shtick as Dcoach, on the way you comment to others, hope I'm wrong. Have a good night.

Reactions: Sterling_Wildcat
He aged out...whatever.

I'm more interested in who is the new GA and what will he/she be helping to coach?

Why not?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT