ADVERTISEMENT

"Downsizing Kinnick is a smart move by Barta,.."

MuskieCy

HR MVP
Jun 27, 2001
When will the downsizing of CHA begin?

Also, how do you downsize a hole in the ground?

It's a shame IC isn't so lame that students have nothing better to do than camp in freezing weather.......just to watch a last place bball team!

Reactions: Franisdaman
It's a really smart move since attendance is down all across the country. Fewer people are going to games and more of the ones who do go now want suites or boxes. Only Iowa State fans think they should expand their capacity and that the games will regularly sell out or at least be mostly full.

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
Yes

Take it a step further. Build your suites around the top for the high ups and donors since they sit courtside now. Fill those spots with students around the benches press side. Win/WIn
I sat in the obstructed seats behind the banners a couple of years ago for the Iowa-Notre Dame men's game. I could only see the near side of the court. The entire far side of the court was obstructed. It was awful. I got up for ice cream during halftime (my #1 reason for attending games now) and watched the rest of the game on a monitor.

Either convert them into box seats or tarp them off.

Reactions: E.RogerCoswell
I sat in the obstructed seats behind the banners a couple of years ago for the Iowa-Notre Dame men's game. I could only see the near side of the court. The entire far side of the court was obstructed. It was awful. I got up for ice cream during halftime (my #1 reason for attending games now) and watched the rest of the game on a monitor.

Either convert them into box seats or tarp them off.
1270_h.jpg

Had no idea you have obstructed seats in CHA, was shocked to learn you have basketball banners to hang?????

Are you as shocked that isu is still little bro? Still impressed with Marty Campbell’s recruiting class? Be sure to click “Load More” to see isu on the 247 recruiting rankings.

Yikes as psycotwins would say.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
It's a really smart $ move. Instead of selling $50 seats in that section he sells luxury boxes for thousands. Attendance down but $$$ is up!
I don't think you realize how dumb your post was....dear lord. Lets drive out a few thousand passionate fans to make a few extra bucks on suite seats, even tho our ath dept has millions millions coming from the b10 network. You're brain dead

Reactions: buchs and JAMAM
If it drops average ticket prices then go for it.

If ticket prices are gonna keep rising then they can kiss a skunk's ass every time they pass the motion to raise ticket prices.

They might think/pretend they're getting more money....but their mouths will also smell like sh** as a consequence.

Win-win for everyone.

The fact is Barta did NOT want to reduce the number of seats in Kinnick. When the north end zone project was launched, Barta was repeatedly quoted in the press as saying his goal was to keep the capacity the same, or at least 70,000. Then when the architects said they couldn't do that and accommodate the design demands, Barta reluctantly gave in. So Kinnick's capacity will decline, but it absolutely was NOT Barta's idea. Sorry, GB failed again. Facts are a helluva thing.

BTW: "Smart" and "Barta" do not seem to belong in the same sentence . . . at least not based on the facts.

Reactions: blhawk
Right now more than 1,300 of the 1,570 outdoor club seats have been sold for $1,958 apiece,-land of 10

The cheaper solution would be a partitioning curtain like your wrestling team used.

Reactions: JAMAM
Right now more than 1,300 of the 1,570 outdoor club seats have been sold for $1,958 apiece,-land of 10

How many of the new club seats are sold in Joke Trice? The ticket holders sure do like to dress like empty seats. Or maybe they simply don’t show up for the 2nd half.

Clown fans will tell us how it really is I’m sure.

Reactions: JAMAM
Crazy I know. More conference championships, ncaa tournament appearances, sweet sixteens and final fours. Believe it or not you Clones really aren't that great.
Going back a ways aren't you? Funny, your always telling Nebraska fans how meaningless their history is in football but you dont seem to feel the same in basketball. Keep on recruiting those skinny white kids from Iowa, LOL.

Going back a ways aren't you? Funny, your always telling Nebraska fans how meaningless their history is in football but you dont seem to feel the same in basketball. Keep on recruiting those skinny white kids from Iowa, LOL.

If only we knew who asked about banners and then didn't like the answer, who could that be...

You asked about banners, got an answer and boom-you proved us all right by being a complete tool....holy shit do you really not no that Iowa is the flagship school in the state. Do you know that’s not even debatable and can be backed up with athletic success across all sports (recent and historically), more revenue, larger budget, higher attendance, more sports, more professional athletes, more merchandise sold and I could go on

We will gladly keep accepting commitments from top 50 players who happen to be from Iowa and are also skinny and white. Thank you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT