ADVERTISEMENT

ESecPn Coverage

GunnerHawk

HR All-American
Mar 16, 2014
You can tell who the male game announcer was for the whole game. Sad and Disgusting. Yes Angel had a good game but Caitlin was at another level. Really like Lobo, she seems fair and balanced. Will be interesting if she does the Iowa vs. UConn game

Those three ladies in the studio talked over each other all night. I changed the channel at half-time, couldn't handle it. C'mon ESPN, you can do better.

You can tell who the male game announcer was for the whole game. Sad and Disgusting. Yes Angel had a good game but Caitlin was at another level. Really like Lobo, she seems fair and balanced. Will be interesting if she does the Iowa vs. UConn game

Those three ladies in the studio talked over each other all night. I changed the channel at half-time, couldn't handle it. C'mon ESPN, you can do better.
Where's the diversity in their studio?

I really liked the guy, good dynamic delivery. I believe he called the Colorado game too. I like Lobo also. When the second game came on I was so glad we didn't get that pair.

I thought he was effusive in his praise for Clark, and to a slightly lesser extent for Reese, and Johnson. Why not, they're all great players.

Bunch of LSU homers,.. The comment about "Iowa trailing but managing to tie things up at the half" especially chaffed my ass... Do these idiots even watch the game?

Reactions: Mister_Man
I guess I’m just not real sure what some of you are looking for or expecting from these broadcast and the play by play calling. I had zero problem with it. Maybe I am just to busy watching the game that just don’t really notice them much. When I did notice them, not once did I think they had anything but love for Clark and Iowa. Same for lsu and Johnson:Reese. Thought they were very fair and balanced.

As for the studio crew. To each their own. I can certainly understand why you may not like them and their style, but I think the 2 analysts are great. They bring a ton of energy, are passionate and knowledgeable about their sport and love Clark and the hawks.

I don't think they can, jus sayin!!!! and/or they don't what to do better!

I guess I’m just not real sure what some of you are looking for or expecting from these broadcast and the play by play calling. I had zero problem with it. Maybe I am just to busy watching the game that just don’t really notice them much. When I did notice them, not once did I think they had anything but love for Clark and Iowa. Same for lsu and Johnson:Reese. Thought they were very fair and balanced.

As for the studio crew. To each their own. I can certainly understand why you may not like them and their style, but I think the 2 analysts are great. They bring a ton of energy, are passionate and knowledgeable about their sport and love Clark and the hawks.
I am with you. The broadcasting team was fine, and back in the studio, I like listening to and looking at Andraya Carter. They all worship Caitlin. I'm not sure what people want.

Yes Ryan Ruocco, the New York guy for all sports, is a huge SEC homer. Great take! I guess you guys have to find something to bitch about today. Rinse & repeat for tomorrow.
It’s Gunner. What can we expect. Some of our fans are outraged about everything. We’ve gotten nothing but love from Van Pelt, Bluder on Good morning America, all the other shows today. Not sure what some of you are looking for.

Had no problem with the announcers last night. The guy is fine, energetic without being annoying, and perfect for Women's bball. Didn't hear any team bias at all, either way. Compare that to the men's NC State vs Duke announcers lol. They were making excuses for Duke, clearly annoyed at times when NC State was ahead. And practically sobbing at the end, disquised in half-hearted praise of Burns.

Last edited:

After reading all of the replies, I get it. The OP threw an Aprils Fools deal on us.

I really liked the guy, good dynamic delivery. I believe he called the Colorado game too. I like Lobo also. When the second game came on I was so glad we didn't get that pair.

I thought he was effusive in his praise for Clark, and to a slightly lesser extent for Reese, and Johnson. Why not, they're all great players.
This, I thought they did a fine job. I liked them both.

There was a time during the first half when the male announcer was heaping a ton of praise on Angel, and I briefly thought some of the same things as the OP.

But then Caitlin got the halftime interview (no LSU players). And then the second half happened, and the male announcer heaped every bit as much praise on Caitlin. So I have no complaints.

And really, any Iowa fan complaining about another player or team getting media attention just comes off as silly.

There was a time during the first half when the male announcer was heaping a ton of praise on Angel, and I briefly thought some of the same things as the OP.

But then Caitlin got the halftime interview (no LSU players). And then the second half happened, and the male announcer heaped every bit as much praise on Caitlin. So I have no complaints.

And really, any Iowa fan complaining about another player or team getting media attention just comes off as silly.
To me I thought it was 50/50 in the first half, and in the second half, mostly praise of CC. In the first half, Angel was killing us in the post, and it was properly acknowledged.

Last edited:
Not sure this has been mentioned in regards to ESPN coverage, but Rebecca Lobo, the color commentator last nite, was a star at UConn many years ago.

Be interesting if she can disguise her allegiance on Friday?

I'd love to see any of the sad souls complaining ab out ESPN in this thread to actually try to do a broadcast. We would then see some truly horrible broadcasts. It's much harder than it appears.

Reactions: littlez
Old guys complaining about race and then when it's brought up they say why do you bring race into everything? You guys kill me.

• Haha
Reactions: Max_Rebo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT