ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Article on Top 50 Draft Prospects

VerbumDei

Team MVP
Jan 15, 2003
Interesting read on what NBA Scouts and GMs really think about the top 50 college basketball players:

http://www.si.com/college-basketbal...orts-jahlil-okafor-karl-towns-emmanuel-mudiay

Here is the blurb on Aaron White:

Aaron White, 6’9” forward, Iowa: “Really, really good college player, but it would be tough for him in the NBA. He’s not quite skilled enough to be a three, so he’s a mobile, skilled four. If he was 20 instead of 22, he’d be in a better position in the draft. That’s how messed up this thing is. He’s a reluctant shooter.”

Verbum Dei

AMDG

From what I could actually read in the article, he wasn't near as hard on Aaron as other potential draft picks. I actually agreed with most of his scouting of other players as well as Aaron. I do think if White gets a consistent jump shot he'll stick in the NBA. He does all the little things so well.

On a side note, this website is terrible. I've tried it on Internet Explorer and Mozilla and it works well in neither. Text and pics don't resize to my screen size, ads are over the text, and I had a hard time scrolling down.

His shotform is decent and the fact that he shot eighty percent from the line proabably gives teams optimism he should improve his shot. Would benefit on a team like the spurs or clippers were he could be a junkyard dog since they have a bunch of good shooters on those teams.

He is right that he was a reluctant shooter, I believe if he would have started his career like he ended it (willing to shoot) he would have been a nice outside shooter all along and would have put up even bigger numbers.

He is right that he was a reluctant shooter, I believe if he would have started his career like he ended it (willing to shoot) he would have been a nice outside shooter all along and would have put up even bigger numbers.

Aaron White attempted more three pointers in his first two years at Iowa than his last two.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT