ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN: Iowa 30, Nebraska 21

FlickShagwell

HR Legend
Jun 16, 2003
Omaha, NE
“Nebraska took out a month's worth of frustration on Maryland on Saturday, and the 54-7 win moved the Huskers to within a game of .500. To reach the postseason in this disappointing year, though, they'll have to beat an Iowa team that has defeated them four times in a row. Scott Frost is only 4-5 at home against Power 5 teams since taking over at his alma mater. This would be a great time for a real home-field advantage to materialize.

SP+ projection: Iowa 30, Nebraska 21“

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...thing-need-know-college-football-rivalry-week

Reactions: scotthawk1964
tenor.gif

One thing you do have to remember is that Martinez was out for a few games which did affect their computer numbers. Not that they were playing great before he was injured but they were worse without him.

One thing you do have to remember is that Martinez was out for a few games which did affect their computer numbers. Not that they were playing great before he was injured but they were worse without him.

In addition to not valuing the football, he’s a total douche. My favorite is when he makes a big play early and gets in the faces of the defense and then Nebraska loses. He’s never been there before. AJE owned him last year.

Not scared.

Last edited:
Martinez running scares me, especially after watching Peters run on us last week. But football still is about the trenches, ball protection, and fundamentals, so I like our guys here. I think we find the end zone 3 times and add a couple FG's. 27-20 Hawks

Reactions: Hawkfan5220
Martinez running scares me, especially after watching Peters run on us last week. But football still is about the trenches, ball protection, and fundamentals, so I like our guys here. I think we find the end zone 3 times and add a couple FG's. 27-20 Hawks

I don’t think Iowa expected Peters to do the things he did. We really shut their tailbacks down, which I think Phil Parker was most focused on. Peters typically isn’t a running QB, or at least Illinois’ offense doesn’t ask him to run that much. I imagine PP was taken by surprise.

He won’t be against Nebraska. Everyone in college football knows that Nebraska’s offense goes through AM. PP will spy him, DE’s will play contain to force AM to have to make a play on our LBs, which I like Welch and Belton in that matchup.

I don’t think there’s much the Illinois game can tell us about how Iowa will perform against Nebraska.

I like the Hawks chances to score 30+ points.....

(Exhibit A)

Nebraska points allowed Big Ten Play....

Illinois scored 38
Ohio State 48
Minnesota 34
Indiana 38
Purdue 31
Wisconsin 37
NW 10 ....has no offense
Maryland 7.....has no pulse...just dead inside

Hawks can score 30+ Friday
Rutgers opp PPG: 37.5
Iowa scored: 30 (-7.5)

Iowa State opp PPG: 25.2
Iowa scored: 18 (-7.2)

Michigan opp PPG: 16.2
Iowa scored: 3 (-13.2)

Penn State opp PPG: 14.8
Iowa scored: 12 (-2.8)

Purdue points allowed: 29.7
Iowa scored: 26 (-3.7)

Northwestern opp PPG: 24.8
Iowa scored: 20 (-4.8)

Illinois opp PPG: 25.1
Iowa scored: 19 (-6.1)

Nebraska opp PPG: 27.8
Iowa will score: 20 (-7.8)

I'll be shocked if both teams combine to score 30. Iowa will again own the TOP and be able to move the ball between the 20s, but once again will be force to settle for field goals when they should be getting touchdowns.

Goodson had a brutal game against Illinois on Saturday. The Illini aren't pushovers this season, but there's no reason he should be stuffed time after time like that. He's way better than that. If the guards aren't giving him holes on the inside, then run him on the outside more. Use 2 TEs for extra protection if necessary. He has shown the potential to bust loose and make big plays.

Nebraska can move the ball but they seem lackadaisical at times, so here's hoping that means that Iowa can create a turnover or two and take advantage of short fields. They are mediocre defensively but that's probably enough to keep Iowa out of the end zone consistently.

17 points should win it for Iowa, anything more would be gravy. Nebraska won't have the ball enough to do any real damage on the scoreboard. Probably 10 points or so.

I don't see Iowa scoring 30, and I don't see Nebraska scoring 21.
Iowa has averaged over 37 pts against Nebraska in their last 6 games.

It's game 12, so there's no need for our offense to be pooping around the field against any living, breathing defense they face like they have just about every other week of B10 play, and regardless of weather.

It's still gonna be on our defense eliminating big plays to keep their momentum down, and forcing them to have to grind for everything as opposed to letting Martinez sit back and scramble around like Patrick Mahomes and making crazy throws all over the field.

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
Rutgers opp PPG: 37.5
Iowa scored: 30 (-7.5)

Iowa State opp PPG: 25.2
Iowa scored: 18 (-7.2)

Michigan opp PPG: 16.2
Iowa scored: 3 (-13.2)

Penn State opp PPG: 14.8
Iowa scored: 12 (-2.8)

Purdue points allowed: 29.7
Iowa scored: 26 (-3.7)

Northwestern opp PPG: 24.8
Iowa scored: 20 (-4.8)

Illinois opp PPG: 25.1
Iowa scored: 19 (-6.1)

Nebraska opp PPG: 27.8
Iowa will score: 20 (-7.8)
nebby scores 28 a game, hawks 23. nebby qives up 30 a game, hawks 12. Ilike our chances. lincoln is Kinnick west. we have not lost there since 2011

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
I'll be shocked if both teams combine to score 30. Iowa will again own the TOP and be able to move the ball between the 20s, but once again will be force to settle for field goals when they should be getting touchdowns.

Goodson had a brutal game against Illinois on Saturday. The Illini aren't pushovers this season, but there's no reason he should be stuffed time after time like that. He's way better than that. If the guards aren't giving him holes on the inside, then run him on the outside more. Use 2 TEs for extra protection if necessary. He has shown the potential to bust loose and make big plays.

Nebraska can move the ball but they seem lackadaisical at times, so here's hoping that means that Iowa can create a turnover or two and take advantage of short fields. They are mediocre defensively but that's probably enough to keep Iowa out of the end zone consistently.

17 points should win it for Iowa, anything more would be gravy. Nebraska won't have the ball enough to do any real damage on the scoreboard. Probably 10 points or so.

I don't think Goodson had a brutal game as much as I think Illinois made Nate beat them and overplayed the run so NOBODY had anywhere to go. Now some of that is still our O-line issues, but Illinois played smart schemes. Those things combined with the fact that everyone knows what we do when we run (packages and plans), and we ran what seemed like backwards.

What's the weather supposed to be Friday in Lincoln? Bad weather I think would hurt Martinez and the Husker O more then Stanley and Iowa's. Although Stanley doesn't have the greatest track record of bad weather games. LOL But I think if the weather is bad, Iowa can do enough to win the game, especially with a better D then Debbie.

It seemed that Peters running the ball kind of took Iowa off guard, or at least they didn't consider him a home run threat. I would think that we will play Saturday a little differently as AM is their biggest play maker. I'd imagine we'll gave Belton or Stone spying on the QB, and keeping him in the cross hairs most of the game.

What's the weather supposed to be Friday in Lincoln? Bad weather I think would hurt Martinez and the Husker O more then Stanley and Iowa's. Although Stanley doesn't have the greatest track record of bad weather games. LOL But I think if the weather is bad, Iowa can do enough to win the game, especially with a better D then Debbie.

40ish, rainy, windy

Reactions: scotthawk1964
nebby scores 28 a game, hawks 23. nebby qives up 30 a game, hawks 12. Ilike our chances. lincoln is Kinnick west. we have not lost there since 2011
You quoted my post which literally shows Nebraska gives up 27 ppg and you say "nebby gives up 30 a game." I do not know why you quoted my post.

(Exhibit A)

Illinois scored 38
Ohio State 48
Minnesota 34
Indiana 38
Purdue 31
Wisconsin 37
NW 10 ....has no offense

However, I assume that poor weather conditions may impact both offenses.

(Exhibit A)

Illinois scored 38
Ohio State 48
Minnesota 34
Indiana 38
Purdue 31
Wisconsin 37
NW 10 ....has no offense

However, I assume that poor weather conditions may impact both offenses.

Iowa 16
Neb 6

Nebby goes for 2 with 4 minutes left to try and get it to a one score game and never sees the ball again...

I'm hoping the Hawks can get 3 or 4 first downs and can get into the victory formation to run the clock out....

That would help from keeping my heart from pounding out of my chest..

Ofcourse, I am counting on the D to show up on Friday and shut nebby down..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT