ADVERTISEMENT

"For me it was a pretty game"- Kirk Ferentz

Epic certainly ! Ha ha ha...wisky had the game in the bag, but the bap popped out a self-inflicted FUMBLE on our 2!??

Tough luck Wisky!! 5-0

Unbelievers are now believers?! Well, maybe not, but we are 5 and 0!? Give credit folks.

It was a very ugly game.
But, one of the first times in a while that the Hawks got nearly all the breaks their way. Having the opposing QB play so poorly was the deciding factor.

Great quote. I agree with Kirk. Not so much on the decision do go for it on 4th and two though.

Congrats on the win!

So, we were told years ago your team does NOT play sexy football.

Today we're finally told what they DO play.

Pretty Football!

Get the shirts made. I think it would be awesome to see, especially if you guys run the table and plow the East champion on your way to the playoffs.

Is Indiana on your schedule? That team is looking dangerous.

Cripes, ugly, smugly. After Smith got hurt I didn't think we would win this. I don't give a crap how it looked.. We had more points than they did and we are 5-0. After last year's abortion of a dumpsterfire I never thought a Ferentz led team would ever do that again. I'm giddy.

Imagine that in some dream world a Hawkeye team found itself in the National Championship. Would you care if they won 2-0? It's a WIN, suckas!!

I certainly am NOT predicting wins, but hard work, chemistry, and a little luck make this squad enjoyable to watch. Believe that this squad ( and coaches ) are trying their best to be competitive. Win 12 games? Who knows. 5 for 5 makes me giddy too. Hoping injuries don't wreck it however. Need starters back.

Very pretty win when you consider we accomplished it in a hostile road atmosphere with a 20MPH wind and our top receiver and left tackle out which a very good defense took full advantage of. The Hawks hung in and made plays when they had to in spite of the early missed field goal and missed opportunity on 4th down where we could have easily got the PI call. Haven't seen much comment about the absolutely great play call on the only touchdown of the game where we ran play action on a seeming run situation close to the goal line. I could care less if the ESPN people didn't seem to particularly like the product they got. The Hawks triumphed in a very hard fought defensive battle.

Congrats on the win!

So, we were told years ago your team does NOT play sexy football.

Today we're finally told what they DO play.

Pretty Football!

Get the shirts made. I think it would be awesome to see, especially if you guys run the table and plow the East champion on your way to the playoffs.

Is Indiana on your schedule? That team is looking dangerous.
Yep....May be time to revise the oft-used mocking KF quote to read "That's pretty football".

Any win on the road in the Big 10 is a good win. You don't get style points. Heck the Badgers are 71-8 in recent years at home with three of those loses to Iowa. Would we have liked to seen a little more offensively, of course. But we were without our left tackle and biggest deep at WR. CJ did just enough to win against a very good defense, while the Iowa defense turned in a dominating performance.

Iowa typically has a good record at the end of the year when they win these types of ugly wins and get the bounces (iowa state fumble recovery and TD, 57 yard fg to win).

Reactions: lenoxhawks
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT