ADVERTISEMENT

Get Clark out of the game, c'mon

I think it’s more about Caitlin doesn’t want this to be her last year, but she doesn’t want more years in college than others were given the opportunity.

Lisa is just respecting Caitlin in giving her minutes regardless of game score. I do think Caitlin has done enough to have some say.

The problem isn’t injury risk and her stamina is amazing regardless, the issue is getting minutes of semi effort defense as those moments aren’t always good reps for what’s to be expected to start the next game.

Ball handling is certainly an issue for the 2nd & 3rd units with Davis and Johnson both out. Affolter had to play more minutes than she should have as well to help bring the ball up the court near the end of the game.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
Couldn't believe she went back in up 30 with 3 to play. She had 19 at the time and the 20-point streak may have been a factor, I don't know.
But if she does down, there is no defense for having her out there. The fans will see her tomorrow. And they got to see her for 30 minutes today.
Doesn't do a lot to hold off any "pad the stats" comments out there. I love Lisa, but that was embarrassing.

Her coaches or her parents or teammates or maybe even Connor need to tell her to keep her big fat ugly tongue in her mouth . Not a good look.
Beavis And Butthead Shut Up GIF

Her coaches or her parents or teammates or maybe even Connor need to tell her to keep her big fat ugly tongue in her mouth . Not a good look.

Triggered looser calls out college kid for having fun. Carry on looser. Good manners for thee but not for me must be an awesome way to live. "Big fat ugly tongue" lol.

I think it’s more about Caitlin doesn’t want this to be her last year, but she doesn’t want more years in college than others were given the opportunity.

Lisa is just respecting Caitlin in giving her minutes regardless of game score. I do think Caitlin has done enough to have some say.

The problem isn’t injury risk and her stamina is amazing regardless, the issue is getting minutes of semi effort defense as those moments aren’t always good reps for what’s to be expected to start the next game.
"
"The problem isn’t injury risk"
An injury to Caitlin Clark wouldn't be a problem?

Reactions: uihawk82
Couldn't believe she went back in up 30 with 3 to play. She had 19 at the time and the 20-point streak may have been a factor, I don't know.
But if she does down, there is no defense for having her out there. The fans will see her tomorrow. And they got to see her for 30 minutes today.
Doesn't do a lot to hold off any "pad the stats" comments out there. I love Lisa, but that was embarrassing.
Phuque the “padders”....If it wasn’t this, it would be something else. People gonna always complain...and I just wanna enjoy! The past couple of years have truly been special for UIowa and women’s basketball.

Reactions: SnootHawk
Phuque the “padders”....If it wasn’t this, it would be something else. People gonna always complain...and I just wanna enjoy! The past couple of years have truly been special for UIowa and women’s basketball.
It is a tactical decision based on the needs to win the game and the tournament.

I say the smart tactical decision to reach the overall goal of winning the tourney would be to have Clark out with 3-4 minutes to go up 32 points.

Let McCabe, Fuerbach and Gyambi dribble and run the weave and work clock and work for a good shot at the end of the shot clock. Arent they the ones that need the game time with Molly out.

It is a tactical decision based on the needs to win the game and the tournament.

I say the smart tactical decision to reach the overall goal of winning the tourney would be to have Clark out with 3-4 minutes to go up 32 points.

Let McCabe, Fuerbach and Gyambi dribble and run the weave and work clock and work for a good shot at the end of the shot clock. Arent they the ones that need the game time with Molly out.

Agreed. But if her legs feel good and I doubt she's going 100% on defense up 20+ with 3 mins. Guaranteed she wanted back in to put on a show.

Being at the game, it was disappointing to see her go out at 6mins, but 100% would understand calling it a game at that point.

With how well others stepped up, I think she got at least 2 minutes off per quarter. So not a huge workload for her and what she is used to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT