ADVERTISEMENT

Good news?

clw421

All-Conference
Jul 20, 2006
Didn't Gobblin say to expect good news a couple weeks ago? Did I miss it? Were there some recruits that looked like they were going to commit and decided not to?

Didn't Gobblin say to expect good news a couple weeks ago? Did I miss it? Were there some recruits that looked like they were going to commit and decided not to?

We got plenty of good news...

1. Kemerer, Holloway, Turk

1a. Marnelli and Young

1b. Mejia and Renteria

1c. New S&C coach

2. We're just waiting for Hall, Suriano, Happel, Rathburn to commit in the next couple weeks

3. Finally the #1 junior in the country, Spencer Lee has interest in becoming a Hawk.

Life and the Hawks are all pointing in the right direction!:)

Certain posters love to act like they know stuff. They predict general stuff--as general as can be--hoping to be right, then when they are not, they will say that things change quickly in recruiting.

Certain posters love to act like they know stuff. They predict general stuff--as general as can be--hoping to be right, then when they are not, they will say that things change quickly in recruiting.

True, and there are some like Gobblin that give you as accurate info as he can at that time, and people still don't buy into it.

Sometimes things change...by the second.

Be patient

True, and there are some like Gobblin that give you as accurate info as he can at that time, and people still don't buy into it.

Sometimes things change...by the second.

Be patient

Gobblin wasn't the only one saying good news was coming a couple weeks ago. I hope they were right and I hope it happens soon.

Some posters who know nothing and drink too much haterade like to bag on those that do know things...

The good news is still coming, nothing has changed but the timing. So many big name recruits have came to train in IC this summer on their own dime. There's a new vibe going on in the room and recruiting this year. Out of respect for them, their families, and the staff I let them break the news on their own terms. Don't be shocked when some more '17 guys verbal along with the rest of this class.

I was 100% wrong about Yates... No problem admitting that. But he wasn't the good news I had referenced anyway. Gonna be a flood of excitement very soon.

Some posters who know nothing and drink too much haterade like to bag on those that do know things...

The good news is still coming, nothing has changed but the timing. So many big name recruits have came to train in IC this summer on their own dime. There's a new vibe going on in the room and recruiting this year. Out of respect for them, their families, and the staff I let them break the news on their own terms. Don't be shocked when some more '17 guys verbal along with the rest of this class.

I was 100% wrong about Yates... No problem admitting that. But he wasn't the good news I had referenced anyway. Gonna be a flood of excitement very soon.

Gobblin just made life great with that post! I'm excited for what the future holds. Morningstar is an awesome recruiter. In TnT I trust. Thanks for the post Gobblin

The new vibe thing sounds cool. It is neat when things just change and there is optimism in a room. Looking forward to hearing what is happening.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye

Gobblin you're killing me. :D But I'm sure I can wait. I will say that It is also a class move not to announce any of these kids names before they actually give their commitment first.

Reactions: HIWILLE
If that's the case, I'm sure the guys won't hesitate to get on Twitter and go that route again...

"It's probably less likely that another attempt will be made to schedule Iowa, a team that Penn State has wrestled 37 times since 1982. Two years ago Sanderson and Iowa coach Tom Brands scheduled an extra dual via Twitter when the Big Ten didn't pair the two powerhouses.

"We're not wrestling Iowa and we're not wrestling Minnesota either,'' Sanderson said. "It's not ideal. I was trying to make it happen. It just didn't seem to work out. It's up to us as coaches to try to figure it out and we just weren't able to figure it out.'' "

I hope you are right. Always appreciate your inside info and input.

Occasionally you tend to be a bit optomistic (not a bad thing, I am an optomist as well), so I will temper my endusiasm until the actual news comes out. You have certainly given us reason to be cautiously optomistic though!!

I will say this, IA Wrestle should be announcing some big news tomorrow. It's not recruiting, but it's big, and good.

EDIT: For those who want to know right away, Subscribe to our podcast (link - iTunes) (link - Stitcher for Android users), because that will be the first place it will be made public.

I will say this, IA Wrestle should be announcing some big news tomorrow. It's not recruiting, but it's big, and good.

EDIT: For those who want to know right away, Subscribe to our podcast (link - iTunes) (link - Stitcher for Android users), because that will be the first place it will be made public.

Burroughs and Green coming to HWC to train? Sorry, didn't mean to spoil your news. ;)

For all of you that want to doubt what Gobblin has to say on here your NUTS!!! He is more connected to the program than anybody that posts on here!!! He's got a good head on his shoulders and knows what he can and can't say. He'll give you what information he can but don't expect him to give out all of the info he attains. He just cant for many different reasons. It could actually hurt the Hawks recruiting if here were to make it all public knowledge. I know of about 5 or 6 kids that are in the fold so to speak but they are not locks just hoping we get all 6 kids and I could see HawkNation going off the deep end due to the amount of talent coming in....

Please say they are giving Borschel back a year of eligibility

For all of you that want to doubt what Gobblin has to say on here your NUTS!!! He is more connected to the program than anybody that posts on here!!! He's got a good head on his shoulders and knows what he can and can't say. He'll give you what information he can but don't expect him to give out all of the info he attains. He just cant for many different reasons. It could actually hurt the Hawks recruiting if here were to make it all public knowledge. I know of about 5 or 6 kids that are in the fold so to speak but they are not locks just hoping we get all 6 kids and I could see HawkNation going off the deep end due to the amount of talent coming in....
HawkNUTS

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT