ADVERTISEMENT

Great win for ladies but also need some bounce back and clean up

uihawk82

HR All-American
Nov 17, 2021
I thought Kate Martin had a very off game for her as she is usually smart and good with the ball. Maybe she wasnt supposed to shoot much when she was always sent into the middle of their zone but she was wide open there at least 15 times with GA players being extended out so far. Kate was in the perfect position to be at an advantage and drive it to the rim or drive it and dish for the layup. Kate and Warnock had some loose ballhandling and passes but they both came up big right at the end. Martin deflected that pass late that gave GA their 3rd straight turnover and when the hawks converted it was about over.

I hope to see a big bounce back from Kate. Sure hope Stuelke (sp?) is ready to go as we might need to play tall against some upcoming teams

I also thought in the 2nd half and saw it happen multiple times when GA guards brought up the ball and no one picked them up as the just got the to arc and launched a wide open three. That needs to get cleaned up.

They found a way to win and that’s the most important thing. Happy for them as they head west to take on Duke more than not.

They do need to clean up a few things, catching the ball and making good passes that don’t get swiped in the passing lane. Seemed to be a big issue with faster players today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT