ADVERTISEMENT

Hawk WRs vs KC Chiefs WR woes; the money involved; the drops; spring practice improvement

uihawk82

HR All-American
Nov 17, 2021
I just read that the Chiefs need to make a lot of contract cap room to give a raise to Chris Jones, etc. Some of you know that KC's WRs Marquez Valdez-Scandling (MVS), Toney, and Mecole Hardman, had a lot of drops last year. Some drops were huge let alone the offside call on Toney. Rasheed Rice was a rookie last season and he came on to be the number two receiver.

Iowa's WRs had a lot of drops over the past 3 years. But a key difference is these are guys are pros and MVS I read has a $14 million contract outstanding. So he might really be a CUT or trade victim. Hardman caught the super bowl winning catch but he came back to KC this year in a trade with a big contract so he might be a cut victim.

The main point is Iowa's WRs I dont think are getting much money, maybe some NIL and their scholarship and their drops are very visible but the pros do it also. I still think and hope we hear from Spring practice that WRs are getting OPEN better and having BETTER balls thrown to them, more catchable balls, and they are making MOST ALL the catches. KC's WRs are many times wide open and that can help the Catch vs Drop ratio.

I just read that the Chiefs need to make a lot of contract cap room to give a raise to Chris Jones, etc. Some of you know that KC's WRs Marquez Valdez-Scandling (MVS), Toney, and Mecole Hardman, had a lot of drops last year. Some drops were huge let alone the offside call on Toney. Rasheed Rice was a rookie last season and he came on to be the number two receiver.

Iowa's WRs had a lot of drops over the past 3 years. But a key difference is these are guys are pros and MVS I read has a $14 million contract outstanding. So he might really be a CUT or trade victim. Hardman caught the super bowl winning catch but he came back to KC this year in a trade with a big contract so he might be a cut victim.

The main point is Iowa's WRs I dont think are getting much money, maybe some NIL and their scholarship and their drops are very visible but the pros do it also. I still think and hope we hear from Spring practice that WRs are getting OPEN better and having BETTER balls thrown to them, more catchable balls, and they are making MOST ALL the catches. KC's WRs are many times wide open and that can help the Catch vs Drop ratio.
There's quite a b it of difference here my man. One team has the greatest Qb in the world, along w/possibly the greatest coach ever at getting guys open. Our wide receivers are rarely open, our QB's are well below average and our offensive line can't block anyone because our scheme is terrible and our plays are super slow developing. Now if ( big if) Lester can actually scheme guys open ( yes, that is allowed) and we have a healthy QB it would certainly make life easier for the wide receivers.

Speaking of KC. Both KC and SF have receiver issues. Neither could stretch the field against each other. SF with Deebo is a paradox. He doesn't stretch the field, but he has the moves after catching. Purdy doesn't have a lot of time. There were like 3 receivers open on that overtime 3rd down play. KC had some of the same issues. KC QB is a better runner. Game differnce along with SF losing a LB.

Iowa's line historically is a lot like SF this year. Some good players and some holes. Iowa can't stretch the field and couldn't do it even with the right receivers as there isn't time.

It’s hard to put into words just how bad the passing scheme was. Stanley made it work because he had a Howitzer and the balls to try tight window throws. No matter what anyone says, he was awfully accurate.

Our X receiver under Brian was nothing more than a decoy to draw defenders away from the seams.

I think Brown and Anderson are plenty athletic enough to get open, it’s just up to Lester to make that happen. I have hope that he can get some production out of our WR group.

I hope the Chefs receivers drop every pass thrown at them for the rest of time. I hope they bounce off of their hands and get intercepted and returned for TD. They can all suck it.

I want the Hawkeye receivers to have magnets in their hands and a magnet in the ball and they all run like the Millenium Falcon does the Kessel Run.

• Haha
Reactions: littlez
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT