ADVERTISEMENT

New Story ***Hawkeyes land JUCO DT Anterio Thompson***

Apr 8, 2003
Article:

--

The Iowa Hawkeyes have landed a verbal commitment from junior college defensive tackle Anterio Thompson. The 6-foot-2, 295-pound Thompson announced his decision tonight right at midnight to celebrate his 20th birthday.

"I've got my birthday, my commitment, and a game this weekend, so there are a lot of emotions but most of all I'm just excited," said Thompson. "To say I'm going to be a Division I athlete is just mind-blowing. It's something you dream about."

Thompson, who picked up a scholarship offer from Iowa on Monday, chose the Hawkeyes over Illinois, Nebraska, NC State, Kansas, Washington State, Memphis, Houston, Costal Carolina, UNLV, Liberty, Arkansas State, Utah State, Buffalo, Eastern Michigan, Western Kentucky, and South Dakota.

A Dubuque Hempstead graduate in 2021, Thompson enrolled at Iowa Western Community College and redshirted his first year on campus so still has three years of eligibility remaining. Right now, his plan is to graduate from Iowa Western in December and enroll at the University of Iowa at semester in January of 2023.

A three-star prospect, Thompson ran a 4.61 forty at Nebraska's camp in June and currently has 17 tackles, 5.5 TFL, and four sacks this season through seven games for Iowa Western.

See Thompson's mid-season highlights in the video below.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News