ADVERTISEMENT

"Here, you take it"

LarryMullenJr.

HR Legend
Dec 7, 2011
I'll kick the deceased horse; was it just me or was about 95% of the second half played by a bunch of kids who were afraid to do anything?

The last 5 minutes seemed like Iowa was just scared or afraid to mess up. The out of bounds plays were just horrible. I am sorry but that is on coaching and knowing the situation. Our guys panicked and you saw the results.

I mean looking at the game and not knowing the outcome, I would of thought Iowa would of won the way they played. ISU was in shambles in the 1st half and struggled. Utoff went off and then Jok went off. Sadly down the stretch neither of them got a "good" look at the basket.

I will also say our level of conditioning needs to improve, we had a lot of tired legs out there. Guys were worn out, need to get into better shape. If I was Fran I probably would of played some of the freshman early on when we had a 20+ lead on them. Give the other guys a break.

You were seeing what I was seeing. We had Gesell and Clemmons playing hot potato.
My favorite was when they would throw it to Woody with 5 seconds left in the shot clock at the 3 point line.

Here Woody, Do your best Dirk Nowitsky impression, but I don't have those skills.
Well, where point guards, so don't ask us to create a shot or set up a teammate. We don't
have those skills either.

Fran's biggest downfall is not getting a pg that can penetrate and creat his own shot and shot
for their teammates. Until he does this, we will continue two have these two shit themselves
when the game is on the line.

Reactions: MTHawkeyes43
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT